Windows 10: Can YouTube corrupt my NTFS Partition!

Discus and support Can YouTube corrupt my NTFS Partition! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; At first, You may think I am a Weirdo after Reading the Title. But Seriously, I have been getting the message in the Image below, every time I try to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PratyushDagar, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Can YouTube corrupt my NTFS Partition!

At first, You may think I am a Weirdo after Reading the Title. But Seriously, I have been getting the message in the Image below, every time I try to go to www.youtube.com. This never happened earlier but Since today morning, Avast thinks that there's some kind of NTFS corruption bug on YouTube. Is there anything to worry about it! Can YouTube corrupt my NTFS Partition! a1af2945-ae16-48f4-95d1-f1ac6d7d032d?upload=true.png

:)

PratyushDagar, Jan 17, 2021

2. Corrupted NTFS Partition Table

I have a 160GB drive that for some reason or another has a corrupted NTFS partition table.

The NTFS partition (about 129GB) is inaccessible, (I get an error message stating that I need to format the drive inorder to use it.) and the remaining free space is in RAW format. For some reason the normal tools will not recognize the original NTFS partition and I cannot repair/recover the partition.

Can anyone recommend any tools that they've used to repair/recover NTFS partition information?

Part of me is thinking of just formatting the drive and then trying to recover what I can through recovery software.

Any idea's?

ex-dohctor, Jan 17, 2021
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Move Win7 64 image from a partition NTFS to a new drive

EDIT: After reading your first post again, is there any reason that you would now need GPT? Are you just trying to move the windows install to a new disk or is there a new motherboard involved?

If you are already booting to an NTFS partition, then it makes me wonder if after copying to the new drive, the partition isn't getting marked as Active.

Following the same steps I posted above for startup repair, you can get to a command prompt and use diskpart to see if this is the case.

Code: In the command prompt: diskpart list disk select disk 0 (disk number may be different if you have other disks connected.) list partition select partition 0 (partition number number may vary, but you want to see the boot partition which is the same as your windows partition according to the screenshot on the OP) detail partition (This should have Active: Yes or No. If it says no, since we have the partition selected, you can just use the following command in diskpart) active[/quote]

FX-GMC, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Can YouTube corrupt my NTFS Partition!

How to convert RAW partition to NTFS partition.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Please try the below steps to convert the RAW partition to NTFS partition.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• At the command prompt, type convert drive_letter: /fs:ntfs, where drive_letter is the letter of the drive you want to convert, and then press Enter. For example,
      convert E: /fs:ntfs would convert drive E to the NTFS format.

• Type the name of the volume you want to convert, and then press Enter. You must use the existing name of the volume or the conversion will be canceled. You can view all available volumes in the
      Computer folder under Hard Disk Drives
    Notes: After you convert a partition to NTFS, you cannot convert it back. If you want to use the FAT file system on the partition again, you will need to reformat the partition, which erases all data on it.

Although the chance of corruption or data loss during a conversion is minimal, you should back up all data on the partition before you begin.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Can YouTube corrupt my NTFS Partition!

1. Can YouTube corrupt my NTFS Partition! - Similar Threads - YouTube corrupt NTFS

2. chkdsk corrupted an NTFS partition and can't seem to repair it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chkdsk corrupted an NTFS partition and can't seem to repair it: Hi, about two days ago I used a system drive from one PC on another PC to store some important data on one of its partitions. This drive was then chkdsk'd by the Windows install on it when I plugged it back into the original PC, which then somehow corrupted the NTFS partition...
  3. chkdsk corrupted an NTFS partition and can't seem to repair it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk corrupted an NTFS partition and can't seem to repair it: Hi, about two days ago I used a system drive from one PC on another PC to store some important data on one of its partitions. This drive was then chkdsk'd by the Windows install on it when I plugged it back into the original PC, which then somehow corrupted the NTFS partition...
  4. raw and ntfs partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    raw and ntfs partition: Had a disk partition that turned raw. Already read all the posts on converting raw partitions to ntfs partitions without formatting disk.Convert d: /fs:ntfs doesn't work returning message "d: is already ntfs". If I open disk management the partition d: is marked as raw, btw....
  5. NTFS Corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NTFS Corruption: Hello people I need help with my computer. There is 6 corrupted files on my computer and I really don't know what else I can do. I have tried everything. all the things that are broken areWindows UpdateSFC /Scannow won't workDism command won't workFresh Starting Windows 10...
  6. Corrupted Partition

Corrupted Partition: Needing to reinstall a fresh copy of windows, I created a partition for the windows 10 installation media on the external SSD I use for backups. The installation went fine, but the backup portion of the drive disappeared afterwards. Neither the installation media partition...
  7. RAID 0 NTFS partition unreadable

RAID 0 NTFS partition unreadable: Hello there, I created a internal RAID 0 NTFS partition without 2x 1To HDD on my Windows 10 computer with the native "Disk Management" tool of windows. Other detail : Sometimes, I connect an external HDD macos formatted to transfer some files, so I use the MacDrive10...
  8. Corrupted Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupted Partition: Hello, I had a similar issue that this user experienced in the thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-windows-10-partition-issue/140614da-a921-4b63-9763-1b2991983456 The only difference is the solution that was given gave the error "A...
  9. NTFS Corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NTFS Corruption: I rebuilt my system in December. Only components I kept from my old build were PSU, case and HDDs. On December 30 I noticed chkdsk running on boot into Windows 10. Event Viewer since then has had numerous Ntfs (Ntfs) Errors and Warnings. Event IDs 55, 130, 131. 55 - A...
  10. windows 10 purposely corrupts ntfs partition on old disk, cannot mount

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 purposely corrupts ntfs partition on old disk, cannot mount: i am becoming quite pissed. a Western Digital hard drive i know is perfectly good, that was used as a windows 7 disk and had an automatic upgrade done on it but became problematic... I have had to grab a spare drive, install linux and boot on that, then mount my problem WD...