Windows 10: Can Zonealarm Cause BSODs?

Discus and support Can Zonealarm Cause BSODs? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a friend with a desktop (sadly I don't have the specs at the moment), but she's noticed that she continually blue screens when Zonealarm is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gurn Blanston, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Can Zonealarm Cause BSODs?

I have a friend with a desktop (sadly I don't have the specs at the moment), but she's noticed that she continually blue screens when Zonealarm is running/doing a virus check in the background. I noticed a couple of other threads about Zonealarm and difficulties this way.

So I guess my question is: Is this a known problem with Zonealarm? Can someone recommend a good anti-virus that could replace it?

Thanks,

:)

Gurn Blanston, Sep 16, 2018
  2. wrkmpls Win User

ZoneAlarm

My ActiveSync connection has been disabled after previously working fine. The troubleshooting scan states that there is a conflict with ZoneAlarm. I do not have ZoneAlarm installed!

wrkmpls, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Msap14 Win User
    BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Rhino01 Win User

Can Zonealarm Cause BSODs?

Trying to uninstall zonealarm?

I couldn't get ZoneAlarm to uninstall or install the win 10 version period. So had to go back to win 7 and delete it, then upgrade again.
    Thanks for you suggestion's though.

Rhino01, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Can Zonealarm Cause BSODs?

1. Can Zonealarm Cause BSODs? - Similar Threads - Zonealarm Cause BSODs

2. ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error...: Subject: ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Netio.sys" when I upload files to the cloud Good day from Singapore, I have recently installed ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall on my Windows 11 desktop...
  3. ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error...: Subject: ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Netio.sys" when I upload files to the cloud Good day from Singapore, I have recently installed ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall on my Windows 11 desktop...
  4. i need help can this caus a bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help can this caus a bsod: Nom du journal :System Source : Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date : 2023-02-28 8:31:40 PM ID de l’événement :219 Catégorie de la tâche :212 Niveau : Avertissement Mots clés : Description : Le chargement du pilote \Driver\WudfRd a échoué pour le périphérique...
  5. i need help can this caus a bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help can this caus a bsod: Nom du journal :System Source : Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date : 2023-02-28 8:31:40 PM ID de l’événement :219 Catégorie de la tâche :212 Niveau : Avertissement Mots clés : Description : Le chargement du pilote \Driver\WudfRd a échoué pour le périphérique...
  6. Trying to uninstall zonealarm?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to uninstall zonealarm?: Hi, I upgraded to win 10 and noticed that ZoneAlarm wasn't loaded. I found that my version wasn't compatible with win 10. when I try to uninstall ZA I get a "Unable to create an installation log for logging installation activities" message and am unable to uninstall it. Can...
  7. ZoneAlarm Firewall not working

ZoneAlarm Firewall not working: I tried on several occasions to install zonealarm firewall and got this compatibility blablabla. is anyone using it? What's the standalone firewall program that you'd recommend? 2991
  8. ZoneAlarm vs Windows Firewall ?

ZoneAlarm vs Windows Firewall ?: Hi I've used ZoneAlarm for years as it actively rejects Ident packets. I've now found another way to do this, so I'm considering if it's time to move away from ZoneAlarm. I currently have ZoneAlarm Free AV & Firewall, Avast AV, MalwareBytes and SpyBot Search and Destroy...
  9. Zonealarm & Windows 10 - NO Firewall !

Zonealarm & Windows 10 - NO Firewall !: Hi I've been running ZoneAlarm on my Windows 10 PC without issue since I upgraded to Windows 10 Over the last few days my PC is telling me Zonealarm and the Windows firewall are turned off. I'm given the open to enable either. I can enable the Windows firewall, but...
  10. Driver causing a BSOD, can I remove it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver causing a BSOD, can I remove it?: Hi guys, First off, I'd like to apologize if I may be posting in the incorrect section, as I wasn't sure what to classify this under. I've been getting some BSODs with the same error message: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I looked into the issue by examining the...