Windows 10: Canada Windows 10 Cortana Update- Install keeps going back to setting

Discus and support Canada Windows 10 Cortana Update- Install keeps going back to setting in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good morning - I recently installed the Canada Windows 10 Cortana update...At the lower left of the screen is the standard "I'm Cortana. Ask me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Windfall, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Windfall Win User

Canada Windows 10 Cortana Update- Install keeps going back to setting

Good morning - I recently installed the Canada Windows 10 Cortana update...At the lower left of the screen is the standard "I'm Cortana. Ask me Anything" but when I click on it, I get taken back to "Welcome back...lets pickup where you left off' and it seems to want to play with the 'languages I understand' section...Can't seem to get beyond that. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions for making this puppy work! Cheers

:)

Windfall, Nov 22, 2015

2. Cortana setup failed after recent Windows 10 update Nov 24 2015

Located in Canada I recently updated Windows 10 and setup of Cortana failed. Please give suggestions for setup.

Current State

-Cortana appears as a separate icon at the left side of the search bar. When I try to enable, the setup box asks me to click settings and when I go to settings to see language and region and set up microphone I do everything necessary.

- Going to advanced settings in Microsoft Edge...the radio button for Cortana message says Cortana is not turned on in Windows.

-Going back to the windows search bar where I press Cortana icon and there is an icon for settings, and then a radio button to turn on....however radio button is greyed out

- I keep getting looped back around the same cycle and this is very frustrating...

Please assist. thanks.

david.mcnabb@sympatico.ca, Nov 22, 2015
  3. Windows 10 fall update - Cortana in Canada

I went back and made my default language English(USA) and uninstalled English(Canada). I changed my default language back to English(Canada), I have Canada selected as my region and now when I search for Cortana in settings there are none at all! There
    are no results for this search! What is going on?

The English(UK) language pack shows up under Windows updates (KB3079343) - not under language settings (my mistake).

I have update KB3106246 installed when I check update history in settings - is this the update that brings Cortana? I haven't been able to get much info on it. When I use the control panel to see installed updates this one is not shown.

LorraineBlough, Nov 22, 2015
Thema:

Canada Windows 10 Cortana Update- Install keeps going back to setting

1. Canada Windows 10 Cortana Update- Install keeps going back to setting - Similar Threads - Canada Cortana Update

2. Going back to Windows 10 clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going back to Windows 10 clean install: Hello, Recently I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 and it's been 2 months and i regret it. I want to go back to windows 10 but i can not only if i make a clean install with media creation tool.Will the windows 10 be activated or should i buy a new product key, note that the...
  3. Going back to Windows 10 clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Going back to Windows 10 clean install: Hello, Recently I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 and it's been 2 months and i regret it. I want to go back to windows 10 but i can not only if i make a clean install with media creation tool.Will the windows 10 be activated or should i buy a new product key, note that the...
  4. Cannot use cortana in Canada.

in Cortana
    Cannot use cortana in Canada.: So I just got my new computer and set it up. The Cortana shows "Sorry, but Cortana is not available in English Canada at this time". My computer currently runs OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 "Windows display language"...
  5. Downgrade Win 10 to 32bit, Keeps going back to install screen.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade Win 10 to 32bit, Keeps going back to install screen.: I am trying to "downgrade" to windows 10 Pro 32 bit, as a program we use requires 32-bit to operate. Trying to use a new Dell Optiplex 3070 which i specifically bought as a 64 and am trying to change. I did this with an older Dell before. The issue I have now is that in...
  6. Installing windows from a usb on SSD but no AHCI setting and keeps going back to the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing windows from a usb on SSD but no AHCI setting and keeps going back to the...: Hi microsoft community, Let me first tell you how disesparate i am to install a windows on my new ssd. Oh and I speak french so im sorry if my grammar isn’t the best. So first of all, let me give you the context. So I have a hd that has everything on it from windows...
  7. Cant update my Windows 10. It keeps going back to this.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant update my Windows 10. It keeps going back to this.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dontkillme_pls [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ehu4ac/cant_update_my_windows_10_it_keeps_going_back_to/
  8. Cortana in Canada

in Cortana
    Cortana in Canada: When will Cortana (English) be available in Canada? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-in-canada/b9373591-ed96-46f8-ab90-a8f186df03e3"
  9. How to propersly set Languages in Windows 10 for Canada.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to propersly set Languages in Windows 10 for Canada.: My saga with getting the right language with Windows 10 is out of my understanding... I mean, in Windows 8, it was so easy--you pick the language to install, region, and voila.... the system locale, spellings/grammar etc., all align with each other. But, not so much in...
  10. Cortana in Canada

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana in Canada: I am in New Brunswick Canada. build 9926. I really wanted to try the Cortana feature, just wondering if this is not available in Canada? 4357