Windows 10: canadian french keyboard missing

Discus and support canadian french keyboard missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, New computer. I could select the "Canadian French" language for the keyboard. This way I can use the blue characters on my HP omen. Then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trogne, Aug 25, 2016.

1. trogne Win User

canadian french keyboard missing

Hi,

New computer.

I could select the "Canadian French" language for the keyboard. This way I can use the blue characters on my HP omen.

Then I restarted, and there was windows updates.

Now, "Canadian French" keyboard disapeared ! I can use "French", but the keyboard is not good (I need the one using the blue keys).

How can I get back the "Canadian French" keyboard ?

Patrick

:)

trogne, Aug 25, 2016
  2. Ray68YUL Win User

Canadian French (legacy) key board

I am running windows 10 Pro Version 1703 (Creator) English. I use primarily an English keyboard and I type with all my fingers (i.e. I know how to type about 80 words a minute). I also use Canandian French keyboard layout when I type in French. I used to
    use the the Canadian French Legacy keyboard, but now it does not work correctly...

The key to the right of the ";" now gives me the "è" instead of jut the accent.. Essentially the Canadian French Legacy keyboard appears to be the same as the Canadian French Multilingual (if there is a difference I do not see it). This is a problem because
    now when I want to type " ", I end up typing "èa" instead...

Can anyone tell me how to get back to what used to be the Canadian French Legacy Keyboard in prior versions of

Windows?

Thanks.

Ray68YUL, Aug 25, 2016
  3. windows 10 update 1709

I did install the latest drivers but the french keyboard is still incomplete, missing the ESC key and important french canadian caracters, the tactile keyboard on the right side of the task bar is the only keyboard affected and please note that the visual
    keyboard is completed with the ESC key and functions keys all visible. The visual keyboard is too difficult to use because it is blocking the view of the area being typed in while the tactile keyboard on the right side of the taskbar triggers the input box
    to be moved above the keyboard.

JVGInternational, Aug 25, 2016
  4. trogne Win User

Actually, I just needed to restart the computer.
    Then I saw "Canadian French" again.

trogne, Aug 25, 2016
Thema:

1. canadian french keyboard missing - Similar Threads - canadian french keyboard

2. Spell Check in French

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spell Check in French: I have activated the possibility of adding accents to capital letters. Unfortunately, the spellcheck of Microsoft Office 2019 does not perform in the manner the 2010 version did. It no longer shows me when an accent is missing, particularly at the beginning of a phrase... How...
  3. FRENCH KEYBOARD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FRENCH KEYBOARD: Hello everyone, I want to type French on my laptop so I changed my keyboard to FR (AZERTY). The problem is that I can't type these letters: â, ê, ô,... because everytime I press ^ (if we want to type these letters, we need to press ^ and then a, e, o,...), it becomes ^^...
  4. How to remove French CAFR keyboard config

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove French CAFR keyboard config: I have my Surface Book 2 setup in English as the Windows and Office language. OS Build 17134.376. MS Office Build 11001.20074. I have my keyboard layout as FRA CMS. Sometimes (well often actually) Windows switches keyboard layout to FRA CAFR. I do NOT have FRA CAFR...
  5. Please french language

Please french language: Please french language https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/please-french-language/90582942-427e-46e6-a856-9aca6078467e
  6. canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2)

canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2): I just installed windows 10 and now I can't get any accents on the French Canadian keyboard layout... Why was this changed. I don't want to relearn a layout. At the office we use windows 7 and I have no issues. I mostly write in French but when I'm home, I can't use this...
  7. Keyboard languages are all over the place (English US/Canada, Canadian French)

Keyboard languages are all over the place (English US/Canada, Canadian French): I have to switch between multiple keyboard languages on a daily basis with Windows+Space, but the keyboard languages are all over the place, making switching between languages extremely annoying. I have a keyboard with US layout. These happen on both my desktop and my laptop....
  8. French ç with a German keyboard without a numeric keyboard?

French ç with a German keyboard without a numeric keyboard?: Hi, I have a laptop Asus R301L which means that I don't have a numeric keyboard and the keyboard is a German one. How can I type the French ç ? I can't use the ASCII code because I don't have a numeric keyboard and there is no shortcut on my keyboard. Any idea? Many...
  9. Any Users (Canadians?) of Canadian 'English' Windows 10 Home on here?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any Users (Canadians?) of Canadian 'English' Windows 10 Home on here?: Is anyone here using the Canadian 'English' version of W10 Home? As an Englishman, living in Italy, I'm blowed if I'm going to pay over the odds for a UK version of W10H so I was wondering how similar the Canadian version was to British English/UK W10 version. I'm concerned...
  10. Can't delete french keyboard input!

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete french keyboard input!: For some reason, on my mother's PC on which a guy upgraded the PC from Windows 7, the French of France keyboard will not allow to be deleted. The France French keyboard is not in the list of input methods but it still shows in the language bar. Windows is in French and the...