Windows 10: canadian french keyboard missing

Discus and support canadian french keyboard missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, New computer. I could select the "Canadian French" language for the keyboard. This way I can use the blue characters on my HP omen. Then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trogne, Aug 25, 2016.

1. trogne Win User

canadian french keyboard missing

Hi,

New computer.

I could select the "Canadian French" language for the keyboard. This way I can use the blue characters on my HP omen.

Then I restarted, and there was windows updates.

Now, "Canadian French" keyboard disapeared ! I can use "French", but the keyboard is not good (I need the one using the blue keys).

How can I get back the "Canadian French" keyboard ?

Patrick

:)

trogne, Aug 25, 2016
  2. Ray68YUL Win User

Canadian French (legacy) key board

I am running windows 10 Pro Version 1703 (Creator) English. I use primarily an English keyboard and I type with all my fingers (i.e. I know how to type about 80 words a minute). I also use Canandian French keyboard layout when I type in French. I used to
    use the the Canadian French Legacy keyboard, but now it does not work correctly...

The key to the right of the ";" now gives me the "è" instead of jut the accent.. Essentially the Canadian French Legacy keyboard appears to be the same as the Canadian French Multilingual (if there is a difference I do not see it). This is a problem because
    now when I want to type " ", I end up typing "èa" instead...

Can anyone tell me how to get back to what used to be the Canadian French Legacy Keyboard in prior versions of

Windows?

Thanks.

Ray68YUL, Aug 25, 2016
  3. windows 10 update 1709

I did install the latest drivers but the french keyboard is still incomplete, missing the ESC key and important french canadian caracters, the tactile keyboard on the right side of the task bar is the only keyboard affected and please note that the visual
    keyboard is completed with the ESC key and functions keys all visible. The visual keyboard is too difficult to use because it is blocking the view of the area being typed in while the tactile keyboard on the right side of the taskbar triggers the input box
    to be moved above the keyboard.

JVGInternational, Aug 25, 2016
  4. trogne Win User

Actually, I just needed to restart the computer.
    Then I saw "Canadian French" again.

trogne, Aug 25, 2016
Thema:

1. canadian french keyboard missing - Similar Threads - canadian french keyboard

2. French Canadian Legacy for keyboard is missing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    French Canadian Legacy for keyboard is missing?: HiI just purchased a new laptop, Windows 10 and installed the French Canada language pack.In the keyboard settings, only the Canadian Multilingual Standard is available, which does not match the typical French keyboard layouts - picture attached. The AltCar and 2 should give...
  3. French Canadian Legacy for keyboard is missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    French Canadian Legacy for keyboard is missing?: HiI just purchased a new laptop, Windows 10 and installed the French Canada language pack.In the keyboard settings, only the Canadian Multilingual Standard is available, which does not match the typical French keyboard layouts - picture attached. The AltCar and 2 should give...
  4. French Canadian Legacy for keyboard is missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. French Canadian language keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    French Canadian language keyboard: As of Windows 11, I no longer have the Canadian Multilingual keyboard.It appears to be replaced with something called the French Canadian keyboard. BUT!When using the on screen so-called „soft“ keyboard, it appears to be the Canadian Intermediate keyboard – but – when...
  6. French Canadian language keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    French Canadian language keyboard: As of Windows 11, I no longer have the Canadian Multilingual keyboard.It appears to be replaced with something called the French Canadian keyboard. BUT!When using the on screen so-called „soft“ keyboard, it appears to be the Canadian Intermediate keyboard – but – when...
  7. Windows update changed French Canadian Keyboard style

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update changed French Canadian Keyboard style: After a recent Windows 10 Update I can no longer use the French Canadian keyboard because I've lost access to necessary letters. It seems the new layout relies on additional keys that my laptop keyboard does not have and therefore the only way I can get certain accented...
  8. Accents on French Canadian Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accents on French Canadian Keyboard: Hello! I've started using the French Canadian keyboard setup on my standard keyboard because I'm writing in French more and more. My only problem is that everyone says that the ' button second from the right on the caps row should let me then press any letter and get an...
  9. French Canadian keyboard with the IBM format Legacy Keyboard not in windows 10!

French Canadian keyboard with the IBM format Legacy Keyboard not in windows 10!: Hello, I try to find the right keyboard for my laptop but it doesn't exist in windows 10. I see a multilingual French Canadian but doesn't work with the keyboard I have. French Canadian keyboard with the IBM format Legacy Keyboard not in windows 10! Can You put it back...
  10. canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2)

canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2): I just installed windows 10 and now I can't get any accents on the French Canadian keyboard layout... Why was this changed. I don't want to relearn a layout. At the office we use windows 7 and I have no issues. I mostly write in French but when I'm home, I can't use this...