Windows 10: Canadian multilingual keeps appearing among languages.

Discus and support Canadian multilingual keeps appearing among languages. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use a few languages, but I _don't_ need the Canadian multilingual. Actually, I don't need either of these: [img] If I go to settings ->... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cth, Jul 9, 2016.

1. CTH
    cth Win User

Canadian multilingual keeps appearing among languages.

I use a few languages, but I _don't_ need the Canadian multilingual.
    Actually, I don't need either of these:

Canadian multilingual keeps appearing among languages. [​IMG]

If I go to settings -> language preferences, I only see the languages I need. No Canadian stuff.

If I go to Control Panel -> Language, I don't see anything either.

I know it's a bug. Now to properly remove the Canadian stuff, I need to use a lame hack: add it via the Control Panel -> Language, add all the languages and input methods I want to remove and then remove them.

This removes the extra languages.

I suspect the extra languages appear either when I relogin (restart explorer) or when I trigger a hotkey of some kind; however, I doubt the latter.

I think I have to go to registry and turn this behavior down. It's often the case with MS. But I don't know where to go. Looks like suggestions I found were applicable to earlier versions of W10.

If anyone could help me to get rid of this stuff, I would be very grateful.

Thanks

:)

2. PM_594 Win User

How to remove ENG (CMS) keyboard layout

I finally figured this out after a week of searching. In Windows 10 select Control Panel | Clock Language and Region | Language. Then select English ( Canada ). Choose options | Add an input method and then select Canadian Multilingual Standard. Add
    and save. Then go back to Control Panel | Clock Language and Region | Language and select English ( Canada ). Choose options and select remove beside Canadian Multilingual Standard and save. This will remove it from the tray and your computer won't keep
    switching to it.

PM_594, Jul 9, 2016
  3. PM_594 Win User
    How to remove ENG (CMS) keyboard layout

Thank you for the suggestion. This is similar to all forum posts on this topic. The problem is in Windows 10, the keyboard listing shows something like:

1) English (United States)

US Keyboard

2) English (Canada)

CMS Canadian Multilingual Standard

3) English (Canada)

US Keyboard

It is possible to go into Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region\Language and add or remove English (Canada) and option 3 will appear or disappear from the tray. It is also possible to add or remove input settings for CMS Canadian Multilingual Standard
    for English (Canada) within the control panel and from settings. However, option 2 never gets removed from the tray at the bottom of the screen. Even with option 1 set as the default Windows keeps switching to option 2.

PM_594, Jul 9, 2016
Thema:

Canadian multilingual keeps appearing among languages.

1. Canadian multilingual keeps appearing among languages. - Similar Threads - Canadian multilingual keeps

2. Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard: I just got a new PC and Windows 11 and cannot remove the Canadian Multilingual Standard, and I can't handle my question marks becoming É anymore. I've gone all over the language and keyboard settings. There is no option I can find to remove this keyboard. Under preferred...
  3. Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard: I just got a new PC and Windows 11 and cannot remove the Canadian Multilingual Standard, and I can't handle my question marks becoming É anymore. I've gone all over the language and keyboard settings. There is no option I can find to remove this keyboard. Under preferred...
  4. Cannot Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard: Hi all,Bought this laptop in Canada. I am aiming to get the keyboard to simply be plain English, but cannot get rid of the Canadian Multilingual Standard CMS in the keyboard input language bar. I'm aiming to only need to switch between English and Mandarin but the CMS keeps...
  5. Cannot Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard: Hi all,Bought this laptop in Canada. I am aiming to get the keyboard to simply be plain English, but cannot get rid of the Canadian Multilingual Standard CMS in the keyboard input language bar. I'm aiming to only need to switch between English and Mandarin but the CMS keeps...
  6. Canadian Multilingual Standard CAN/CSA Z243.200-92 R2021

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canadian Multilingual Standard CAN/CSA Z243.200-92 R2021: Hello,I checked the layout on windows Canadian Multilingual Standard and I found two errors.If you want to follow me, I am referring to ISO 9995-1 for the keys positions and ISO 9995-2 / ISO 9995-3 for the Level/Group inside the key itself. The canadian multilingual standard...
  7. Canadian Multilingual Standard CAN/CSA Z243.200-92 R2021

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canadian Multilingual Standard CAN/CSA Z243.200-92 R2021: Hello,I checked the layout on windows Canadian Multilingual Standard and I found two errors.If you want to follow me, I am referring to ISO 9995-1 for the keys positions and ISO 9995-2 / ISO 9995-3 for the Level/Group inside the key itself. The canadian multilingual standard...
  8. Typing 1/8 with Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Typing 1/8 with Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard: How come there seems to be no direct way of typing the fraction 1/8 with the Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard, even though there are key combinations for ⅜, ⅝, and ⅞, viz. Shift + Right Ctrl + 5, 6, 7 respectively? Am I missing something?...
  9. Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard -- right Ctrl key

Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard -- right Ctrl key: I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard and find it extremely useful; however, it is too complicated to remember by heart. Your globalization page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/globalization/keyboards/kbdcan.html is supposed to display its functions, but doesn't;...
  10. canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2)

canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2): I just installed windows 10 and now I can't get any accents on the French Canadian keyboard layout... Why was this changed. I don't want to relearn a layout. At the office we use windows 7 and I have no issues. I mostly write in French but when I'm home, I can't use this...