Windows 10: Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard -- right Ctrl key

Discus and support Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard -- right Ctrl key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard and find it extremely useful; however, it is too complicated to remember by heart. Your globalization... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Angelos940, May 20, 2020.

1. Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard -- right Ctrl key

I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard and find it extremely useful; however, it is too complicated to remember by heart. Your globalization page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/globalization/keyboards/kbdcan.html is supposed to display its functions, but doesn't; in particular, it doesn't do anything when you click on the image of the right ctrl key, which plays an important role in that keyboard. I remember it used to work correctly a few years ago. What is going on?

:)

Angelos940, May 20, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

I CANNOT HAVE THE Canadian Multilingual KEYBOARD LAYOUT

Hi Etienne,

For us to help you change into Canadian Multilingual Keyboard, we'd like to ask a few questions. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message as you try to switch to Canadian Multilingual Standard?
    • Have you tried removing and adding back the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout?
    • Is this also happening on a different user account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, May 20, 2020
  3. Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard missing (Windows 10 update)

Hi guys

Last night, after Windows 10 updated on my laptop, the Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard (it was abbreviated as CAFR ), which I had previously installed, was missing. I tried finding it again both in language settings and the app store but the only
    thing I can find is the Canadian French keyboard, abbreviated as FRA, (which is different; ex. to type the character ç using CMS, you press the ] key and then the letter c, but using the Canadian French keyboard you only need to press the ] key).

Does anyone know what happened and how I can get the multilingual keyboard back? Thanks.

stere0silence, May 20, 2020
  4. NickDorak Win User

Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard -- right Ctrl key

The keyboard changing to Canadian Multilingual Standard on its own

My keyboard keeps changing to Canadian Multilingual Standard (ENG CMS) on its own. How can I remove this keyboard as an option so that it does not happen? I only want the US Keyboard (ENG US) listed as an option.

In previous versions of Windows I just changed the region of the PC to US, but in Windows 10 it prevents Cortana from working.

NickDorak, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard -- right Ctrl key

1. Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard -- right Ctrl key - Similar Threads - Canadian Multilingual Standard

2. Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard: I just got a new PC and Windows 11 and cannot remove the Canadian Multilingual Standard, and I can't handle my question marks becoming É anymore. I've gone all over the language and keyboard settings. There is no option I can find to remove this keyboard. Under preferred...
  3. Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard: I just got a new PC and Windows 11 and cannot remove the Canadian Multilingual Standard, and I can't handle my question marks becoming É anymore. I've gone all over the language and keyboard settings. There is no option I can find to remove this keyboard. Under preferred...
  4. How to stop the Canadian Multilingual Standard CMS keyboard from getting installed /...

How to stop the Canadian Multilingual Standard CMS keyboard from getting installed /...: Hi there I am on Windows 11, updated from Windows 10, and I have had this problem on both versions of Windows. The Canadian Multilingual Standard CMS keyboard/layout keeps getting installed and added to my keyboards / layouts list in the system tray. Interestingly this CMS...
  5. Cannot Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard

Cannot Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard: Hi all,Bought this laptop in Canada. I am aiming to get the keyboard to simply be plain English, but cannot get rid of the Canadian Multilingual Standard CMS in the keyboard input language bar. I'm aiming to only need to switch between English and Mandarin but the CMS keeps...
  6. Cannot Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard: Hi all,Bought this laptop in Canada. I am aiming to get the keyboard to simply be plain English, but cannot get rid of the Canadian Multilingual Standard CMS in the keyboard input language bar. I'm aiming to only need to switch between English and Mandarin but the CMS keeps...
  7. Why don't the right-control dead keys work in the Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why don't the right-control dead keys work in the Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard...: In the Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard layout, there are several characters that are supposed to be produced using the right control key. Most of these work, but the ones that are dead keys for hacek, ogonek, breve, caret, etc do not. you can see how the layout is...
  8. Right Ctrl key doesn't work with "Canadian Multilingual Standard" keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right Ctrl key doesn't work with "Canadian Multilingual Standard" keyboard.: Hi I'm using the "Canadian Multilingual Standard" keyboard layout on a Windows 10 machine. I need Right Ctrl key to type ligatures æ shortcut: Right Ctrl + a and œ shortcut: Right Ctrl + e, but that doesn't seem to work outside of Office 2019. Additional details: 1....
  9. Typing 1/8 with Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard

Typing 1/8 with Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard: How come there seems to be no direct way of typing the fraction 1/8 with the Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard, even though there are key combinations for ⅜, ⅝, and ⅞, viz. Shift + Right Ctrl + 5, 6, 7 respectively? Am I missing something?...
  10. canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2)

canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2): I just installed windows 10 and now I can't get any accents on the French Canadian keyboard layout... Why was this changed. I don't want to relearn a layout. At the office we use windows 7 and I have no issues. I mostly write in French but when I'm home, I can't use this...