Windows 10: canary edge and edge - how do I get rid of one of them

Discus and support canary edge and edge - how do I get rid of one of them in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there seems somehow both edge and canary edge have got installed. That wretched new canary edge doesn't have the "advertised feature" of Web... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Sep 29, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

canary edge and edge - how do I get rid of one of them

Hi there
    seems somehow both edge and canary edge have got installed.

That wretched new canary edge doesn't have the "advertised feature" of Web capture in it and it is (IMO) hideous to use -- I can't seem to uninstall it either.

Weather also keeps showing New York City -- I must be at least several hours flying time away and across an ocean to get to NYC !!! and I'm not on a US ISP / VPN either so why it's locating me in NYC I have absolutely no idea.

Still prefer anyway by far the Firefox browser.

Ms really knows how to hose up systems -- I can roll back with Macrium but i want to stop the same thing hapenning again -- seems 100% bonkers to have to pause ALL updates -- not a good idea -- at least there should be some exceptions to the pause updates that a user could allow -- like allow security updates regardless.

I sometimes wonder what sort of project management teams or project management leaders design poorly thought out strategies.

At least on my NAS systems if the systems get hosed up it's 100% my fault and updates can be installed collectively, selectively or not at all. IMO far the best strategy.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Time Lady Win User

Edge Canary

Hi, I’m Virginia an independent advisor.

As Edge Canary is still in development it may be wise to mark this as a bug or request this feature for a future update.

Windows key + F will open the feedback app.

Time Lady, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Shawn_189 Win User
    Microsoft Edge Canary closes when Ctrl+F is pressed.

Microsoft Edge Canary

Version 86.0.586.0 (Official build) canary (32-bit)

I noticed this today. Pressing Ctrl+F forces Canary to close. This has never happened before. Is it just me?

Shawn_189, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Callender Win User

Callender, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

1. canary edge and edge - how do I get rid of one of them - Similar Threads - canary edge edge

2. How to get rid of edge bar on startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of edge bar on startup.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheDamnburger [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wsddss/how_to_get_rid_of_edge_bar_on_startup/
  3. How do I get rid of Edge ads in Settings?

How do I get rid of Edge ads in Settings?: [ATTACH] Microsoft keeps playing these mental games, like Facebook, and it's annoying. That blue dot annoys me more than it would a normal person. I left Facebook but unfortunately I can't leave Windows. Poor me. So if anyone knows any way to get rid of this, other than...
  4. How to get rid of Microsoft Edge?

How to get rid of Microsoft Edge?: Hi, I'm trying to prevent Edge from opening on startup (again). Every guide I find online seems outdated. I've followed the steps suggested by MS. Edge still opens up on startup. If I go in the task manager on the in the Startup tab, Edge isn't listed (I probably removed it...
  5. Get rid of Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Get rid of Microsoft Edge: I did not mean to install Microsoft Edge but it happened anyway, possibly as part of an update. I HATE IT! How can I get it off my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-rid-of-microsoft-edge/8950cc4b-7803-422f-8a7f-ef20605dd5e2
  6. How to auto refresh Edge Canary

in Browsers and Email
    How to auto refresh Edge Canary: Good morning all I would like to auto refresh a webcam page every 5 minutes or so. Is there any way to accomplish that in Edge Canary ? 145929
  7. Image pixilation in Chrome, Edge Beta and Edge Canary.

in Browsers and Email
    Image pixilation in Chrome, Edge Beta and Edge Canary.: Hello all! First post. [img] I've had a problem for a while with the new browsers. After changing from IE to Edge, as have many users, I have the problem of constantly losing the favorites. I think I've tried every solution offered on the web, but nothing seems to help....
  8. Edge Canary

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Canary: Trying new dev browser ( Is there a specific forum?) ,so I exported tabs, opened it, but there are like 30 of them- isn't there a way to open them all at once to void tedium of one by one ? Btw can't BELIEVE there isn't a option, a field for 'edge ', ''browser','internet '...
  9. New Edge Canary Build

in Browsers and Email
    New Edge Canary Build: I have downloaded Edge Canary Build and would like to know with it being in development is it secure to use I have Norton antivirus will this protect me when using browser also I see in settings it shows all your saved passwords and other information which I thought were...
  10. How do you get rid of Edge? I want to uninstall it.

in Browsers and Email
    How do you get rid of Edge? I want to uninstall it.: I would also like Cortana off there as well. What a waste of memory. And Edge does not work with any of the programs that we run. Super Frustrating*Mad 34319