Windows 10: Cancel Pending Optional Updates?

Discus and support Cancel Pending Optional Updates? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was having trouble with my WiFi so I went into Optional Updates to update my adapter, and while I was in there I saw a bunch of other updates were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/papapyro, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Cancel Pending Optional Updates?

I was having trouble with my WiFi so I went into Optional Updates to update my adapter, and while I was in there I saw a bunch of other updates were available, so I decided to just tick them all too while I was at it. Like an idiot I only Googled them after the fact, and apparently it's a dumb idea to install stuff from Optional Updates if you don't need it. Now I have two updates from Intel for Firmware and Display from 2019 and 2018 respectively pending restart, and I think I'd rather cancel them. Is there any way to do this? I went into %windir%/SoftwareDistribution/Downloads and deleted everything in there but in Windows Update it still shows them as pending restart. Am I screwed?

submitted by /u/papapyro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/papapyro, Jan 4, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jan 4, 2021
  3. How to cancel a pending update

Thanks - it did resolve the RETRY issue then it immediately install (it was intel driver) the driver. Said i successfully installed. I guess I'll see what happens.

storageman, Jan 4, 2021
  4. cognus Win User

Cancel Pending Optional Updates?

How to cancel/clear Pending Updates?

how to do this in windows 10?
    pending updates that are not good [broken hw driver] I need to ditch.
    where is the folder?

cognus, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Cancel Pending Optional Updates?

1. Cancel Pending Optional Updates? - Similar Threads - Cancel Pending Optional

2. Cancel Pending restart driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancel Pending restart driver update: Hello! I got an Driver update which downgrade my drivers from windows settings so how do I cancel that pending restart driver update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-pending-restart-driver-update/ff966168-2a5c-4c9d-a98c-6eea93525299
  3. Cancel Pending restart driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cancel Pending restart driver update: Hello! I got an Driver update which downgrade my drivers from windows settings so how do I cancel that pending restart driver update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-pending-restart-driver-update/ff966168-2a5c-4c9d-a98c-6eea93525299
  4. Cancel a pending upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancel a pending upgrade to Windows 11: I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 11. Some of my critical applications do not work so I rolled back to Windows 10. Now I get a message wanting to schedule when to do the 11 upgrade. I found a place to postpone the upgrade, but I want to cancel it all together. I want...
  5. Cancel a pending upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cancel a pending upgrade to Windows 11: I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 11. Some of my critical applications do not work so I rolled back to Windows 10. Now I get a message wanting to schedule when to do the 11 upgrade. I found a place to postpone the upgrade, but I want to cancel it all together. I want...
  6. Cancel a pending upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to cancel a failed, optional update?

How to cancel a failed, optional update?: Hi, I tried to install an optional update a graphics driver which failed. Now Windows is trying over and over again to install it and showing this message: Beim Installieren von Updates sind Probleme aufgetreten. Wir versuchen es allerdings später noch einmal. Falls dieser...
  8. How to stop/cancel a pending update [1909] restart

How to stop/cancel a pending update [1909] restart: I believe some people have asked similar questions. But in my situation, I don't want to install the update [feature update to Win10 1909] due to some reasons. The fact is that Windows has automatically downloaded the update [1909] in my computer and asked me to restart in...
  9. How to cancel a pending update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to cancel a pending update: I did a search on this subject and couldn't find anything relative to my problem. Today my W10 2004 laptop had and update and I was asked to install it. I looked at all of the 2004 KB numbers, nothing looked familiar. The message that it displayed when trying to install it...
  10. How to cancel/clear Pending Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to cancel/clear Pending Updates?: how to do this in windows 10? pending updates that are not good [broken hw driver] I need to ditch. where is the folder? 17879