Windows 10: cancel the effect of Windows upgrade on Command prompt window size

Discus and support cancel the effect of Windows upgrade on Command prompt window size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Before the upgrade to v1909, a batch file that would save a spreadsheet to two locations, then close Excel, used to open a 'DOS' window that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sebastian42, Dec 12, 2019.

1. cancel the effect of Windows upgrade on Command prompt window size

Before the upgrade to v1909, a batch file that would save a spreadsheet to two locations, then close Excel, used to open a 'DOS' window that was unobtrusively small. Now, the window stretches from the bottom to the top of the screen. It does not last long enough for me to resize it (in the expectation that windows would remember). What can I do to restore it to a merely sufficiently large size ?

:)

Sebastian42, Dec 12, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile cancel the effect of Windows upgrade on Command prompt window size :)

4. cwtech Win User

cancel the effect of Windows upgrade on Command prompt window size

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

cancel the effect of Windows upgrade on Command prompt window size

1. cancel the effect of Windows upgrade on Command prompt window size - Similar Threads - cancel effect upgrade

2. Windows Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Command Prompt: If I open CMD as administrator and type sfc /scannow I get the error -> "You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility".If I run chkdsk - it gives error -> "Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk may be...
  3. Windows Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Command Prompt: If I open CMD as administrator and type sfc /scannow I get the error -> "You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility".If I run chkdsk - it gives error -> "Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk may be...
  4. Windows Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Command Prompt: A windows command prompt sometimes appears and disappears just as suddenly on my Windows 11.It isn't hindering any task or anything,but I am curious as to why this prompt appears.Is there a virus or a failed update,perhaps?And my laptop also deadlocks sometimes. It is i3 core...
  5. Windows Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Command Prompt: A windows command prompt sometimes appears and disappears just as suddenly on my Windows 11.It isn't hindering any task or anything,but I am curious as to why this prompt appears.Is there a virus or a failed update,perhaps?And my laptop also deadlocks sometimes. It is i3 core...
  6. Windows Command Prompt Window Buffer Size won't change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Command Prompt Window Buffer Size won't change: Every time I open my Command Prompt and look at the Layout Tab in Properties, it will always have the Screen Buffer Size height equal to 30, even if I previously set it to something else. In the Defaults window I set it to 9999 but it doesn't seem to do anything. I have even...
  7. Command Prompt window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command Prompt window: Sorry, I didn't know what category to post this in... Ever since I updated to Windows 10 version 2004, every so often, for a fraction of a second, what looks like a black command prompt window pops up and closes. What is causing this?...
  8. Windows Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Command Prompt: Hi, for many months now the windows command prompt has been appearing on my screen for a second or two every hour or so and its quite concerning as recently my laptop died and displayed the blue screen of death. I tried following the steps on the Microsoft support, which...
  9. Windows Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Command Prompt: In case of continuous stream how to Redirect stdout to a text file without any delay, it doesn't flush line by line it will write to the file only in chunks. Below example DOESN'T flush out line by line. for eg In Command Prompt: adb logcat | findstr "Latitude" >>...
  10. Change Command Prompt Screen Buffer Size in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Command Prompt Screen Buffer Size in Windows: How to: Change Screen Buffer Size of Console Window in Windows How to Change Screen Buffer Size of Console Window in Windows A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications. For example: Linux The screen buffer size of a...