Windows 10: Canceled download. Cleaned temp file. Started download again but only comes in corrupt.

Discus and support Canceled download. Cleaned temp file. Started download again but only comes in corrupt. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a file that is shared on cloud for the company I work for.I started downloading but had to go on location. Download stopped.On location cleaned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Donald Bird, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Canceled download. Cleaned temp file. Started download again but only comes in corrupt.

I have a file that is shared on cloud for the company I work for.I started downloading but had to go on location. Download stopped.On location cleaned the partially downloaded file and restarted. The file is 2G and when I started it had already been downloading at a slow speed but it got around 600 MB On site was not much faster connection but the whole 2G came in at about 2 minutes.Checking the properties I could see the compressed file size said 2GDecompressing shows only 2MB content.Tried on other computers no problem.Tried several browsers...same defective downloadTried high speed connecti

:)

Donald Bird, Aug 13, 2021

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Aug 13, 2021
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Aug 13, 2021
  4. Canceled download. Cleaned temp file. Started download again but only comes in corrupt.

Something wrong with downloads?

maybe list the specific file you are trying to download. I also just grabbed a download with no issues, and good speed.

sneekypeet, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

Canceled download. Cleaned temp file. Started download again but only comes in corrupt.

1. Canceled download. Cleaned temp file. Started download again but only comes in corrupt. - Similar Threads - Canceled download Cleaned

2. i want to cancel the download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to cancel the download: I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH RAM ON MY PC ALL IN ONE HOW DO I CANCEL THE DOWNLOAD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-cancel-the-download/df8db38d-c8a9-4fb2-b06c-e1bc896b4194
  3. Cancelling parent permission to download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cancelling parent permission to download: why is it that everytime i download using microsoft store i need to ask parent permission?im no longer a child.i am an adult * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  4. I cancelled a download on the store and now I can't download again

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cancelled a download on the store and now I can't download again: So I was downloading state of decay 2 but I noticed I was downloading in the wrong disk so I cancelled the download and now I can't download it again, It appears in the start menu but it isn't downloading and when I press download on the store nothing happens at all. Same...
  5. Cancel an update while it’s downloading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cancel an update while it’s downloading: How do i cancel the Windows 10 update, version 1903 after it has started downloading. I don’t see a Pause option or stop option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-an-update-while-its-downloading/cac9dcd0-3c17-49dd-a6f5-316f3493d151
  6. windows downloading again and again

windows downloading again and again: why windows 10 upgrade assistant after 100% downloading again restarts from 1%???... this is hapenning for second time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-downloading-again-and-again/73c3712f-d499-422c-aeb5-3c529391cfd9
  7. Corruption on downloads

in Browsers and Email
    Corruption on downloads: So I'm going to start off by saying that I looked all over the internet for solutions but to no avail, Everything people say to do like turning of Firewall (For some reason?) does not work. And here I am, having to post a forum post about it. So what the problem is that when...
  8. Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt": I've received 5 files from 5 sources, both Excel and Word. Every time I try to open one I get an error message "File is corrupt and can't be opened." I can work on my own files, but not downloads. I tried the Windows 10 "workarounds" but these didn't help. Any suggestions?...
  9. Cancelling Win 10 Download

Cancelling Win 10 Download: I have Win 7 . I signed up for the Win 10 upgrade , as I understood it would download , and then ask for confirmation before installing . It appears that it will install straight after downloading - right ? My Win Update will always try to start downloading it ( and I then...
  10. downloads not coming to laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    downloads not coming to laptop: all downloads going to phone not laptop .just loaded chrome and signed up for google cloud 33483