Windows 10: Cancelled format of a harddrive

Discus and support Cancelled format of a harddrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was recently in the process of formatting an external harddrive with the built-in windows 10 function (through right clicking) but i was forced to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SimonNørgaard, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Cancelled format of a harddrive

I was recently in the process of formatting an external harddrive with the built-in windows 10 function (through right clicking) but i was forced to cancel it because of an impending exam... Now windows is unable to interact with or re-format the drive to a working state, i have tried multiple times but it fails every time and my computer refuses to interact with the drive.
    Is there any way to get my harddrive working again?

:)

SimonNørgaard, Apr 23, 2019
  2. Pinchy Win User

Formating Harddrive

What you have to do:

1. Make sure your CD-ROM is set to first boot device, before the hard drive.
    2. Put in the recovery CD and start your comp up.
    3. When it says "Press any key to boot from disk" press a key.
    4. Follow the instructions. Im going to format a comp sometime within the next 2 hours, so i'll post step by step if you need it.

Im pretty sure the recovery CD's work the same as the Windows CD. It all depends on the actual CD, but generally they do.

Pinchy, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 23, 2019
  4. infocus Win User

Cancelled format of a harddrive

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Cancelled format of a harddrive

1. Cancelled format of a harddrive - Similar Threads - Cancelled format harddrive

2. how to format harddrives previously formatted in hikvision on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to format harddrives previously formatted in hikvision on pc: hi i had recently go some wd purple 4 tb harddrives formatted in hik vision cctv software but when i plugged them in through a converter they dont show up on my pc is there any solution on getting them running up they dont powerup or spin i know these arent dead harddrives...
  3. how to format harddrives previously formatted in hikvision on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to format harddrives previously formatted in hikvision on pc: hi i had recently go some wd purple 4 tb harddrives formatted in hik vision cctv software but when i plugged them in through a converter they dont show up on my pc is there any solution on getting them running up they dont powerup or spin i know these arent dead harddrives...
  4. Harddrive Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Harddrive Disconnecting: Hello. Lately My internal SATA harddrive randomly disconnects about once a week now, when I go into BIOS it is not listed anymore. I fixed this by disconnecting the SATA and power cables and reconnecting it and it works again, however this keeps happening and I'm not sure if...
  5. How do i cancel a formating already in procees

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i cancel a formating already in procees: I have a 256 sd card that im trying to format to fat32. Trying to use the disk management to "cancel formating" does not seem to work. /Gyro submitted by /u/TurleRex [link] [comments]...
  6. Harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Harddrive: I recently got an an Lexar 256 ssd memory card. Now 3 mermory drives are in the computer and 1 disk drive. The problem is that my E drive where I had all my information doesnt allow to me transfer data. When I go to storage on setting it marks that the drives are full but...
  7. Problem with harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with harddrive: Hi I just bought a new external harddrive last week and i have moved my files to it. After a few days when i try opening the files; file explorer starts freezing and it say it is not responding. Can somebody please help me....
  8. Harddrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Harddrive: I want to add my hard drive from my old window 7 computer. Will I loose my files to make this work on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/harddrive/9a32850c-d5f6-43f8-9377-1bd50730f5ce
  9. switching harddrives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    switching harddrives: is it possible to switch hard drives out of a laptop one in it is running windows 7 and the one i want to put in it is running windows 10pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/switching-harddrives/6e1eb1aa-4f9f-4d58-be07-15fff54ed522
  10. Wipe harddrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wipe harddrive: How do I do a clean install of win 10? Do I format the harddirve and the install win 10 or is that wrong? Would the harddrive make the unit just shutoff and reboot ramdonly? Or will re-install windows cure the problem? Thanks 87681