Windows 10: Cancelled PC resetting and now PC is not restarting

Discus and support Cancelled PC resetting and now PC is not restarting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I started a PC reset with windows 10. It was about 87% done, when my son said that we should have ejected the keyboard USB before doing that. He... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chantunette, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Cancelled PC resetting and now PC is not restarting

Hello, I started a PC reset with windows 10. It was about 87% done, when my son said that we should have ejected the keyboard USB before doing that. He then clicked on “cancel” and we restarted the computer. Now the pc has been showing “Getting Windows ready-Do not turn off your computer” for almost an hour. Could cancelling the resetting damaged windows? I saw several options to fix the problem of this never ending message “Getting Windows ready-Do not turn off your computer”, but my fear is if Windows could have been damaged by canceling the resetting.

I guess that if there is an option to cancel the resetting, that should not cause any harm, but I am so worried since I need to return this computer to the seller! I would so much appreciate any help!!

:)

chantunette, Jan 3, 2021

2. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Pc resetting at 10% and freezes

I had to do a pc reset on a diffrent pc. Everything went ok and pc reset froze at 10 % for ages.So i turned off pc and restarted it hoping this should be ok.Pc restarted ok but a box appears stating windows installation encountered an unexpected error click ok and restart pc to continue installation.I follow the step but all i see is at bottom of screen with Delete and F2 BIOS setup and same message appears.ie my pc gets into a loop.

How do i get my pc working again..or is pc useless now ?

Thank you

treblefree, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Cancelled PC resetting and now PC is not restarting

MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Cancelled PC resetting and now PC is not restarting

1. Cancelled PC resetting and now PC is not restarting - Similar Threads - Cancelled resetting restarting

2. So I tried restarting my pc but then I pressed cancel and now my screen is now black with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I tried restarting my pc but then I pressed cancel and now my screen is now black with...: I tried to restart my computer but then I decided to press cancel. Now my computer is a black screen with just my cursor on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-tried-restarting-my-pc-but-then-i-pressed/35615e65-329a-4916-be25-fed7e4eab1c4
  3. So I tried restarting my pc but then I pressed cancel and now my screen is now black with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I tried restarting my pc but then I pressed cancel and now my screen is now black with...: I tried to restart my computer but then I decided to press cancel. Now my computer is a black screen with just my cursor on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-tried-restarting-my-pc-but-then-i-pressed/35615e65-329a-4916-be25-fed7e4eab1c4
  4. Pc resetting restart loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc resetting restart loop: I have this pc for about a month now and I factory reset it before but now I tried to factory reset it with keeping my personal files and now it just goes from 64% to 89% and restarts then does the same thing over again, I waited a day to see if anything changes but it...
  5. Pc resetting restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc resetting restart loop: I have this pc for about a month now and I factory reset it before but now I tried to factory reset it with keeping my personal files and now it just goes from 64% to 89% and restarts then does the same thing over again, I waited a day to see if anything changes but it...
  6. Restarted PC while resetting network now Windows is frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarted PC while resetting network now Windows is frozen: While trying to fix some network problems I hit “Rest Network” which then prompted that my PC will restart in 5 min. I though that meant that I could already restart now. I restarted my PC and now I can’t click on the Windows tab, any Windows programs don’t open, Windows key...
  7. I cancelled reset on pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cancelled reset on pc: So my reset got to about 40 percent and i cancelled it without thinking. Of course things weren’t working corectly and i tried to restart the process and it was stuck on 1%. Tried restarting computer and now it is stuck on “getting windows ready” Please help!...
  8. Restart loop/can’t reset PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart loop/can’t reset PC?: Hi all, Im stuck in a reset loop/BSOD. Unfortunately I dont have a system image saved or a system restore point, and startup repair doesnt work. After trying a bunch of command prompts it seems like my C: drive is corrupted, so im trying to reset my PC from the blue...
  9. PC constantly and randomly resets/restarts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC constantly and randomly resets/restarts.: Hello, I have been having this error on my PC. It keeps reoccurring and making my PC restart. I searched the net for a solution but nothing seems to help. It just keeps coming back. There are two problems, each happens seconds apart from each other one is a labeled as...
  10. Way to cancel Win10 upgrade before restarting Win7 PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Way to cancel Win10 upgrade before restarting Win7 PC?: I ran the setup exe for the Win10 preview, and it did some thinking then told me to restart to begin the upgrade. I've decided I don't want to upgrade, and now I'm wondering whether restarting the PC is going to give me the option to cancel the upgrade or not. I guess people...