Windows 10: Cancelled windows 11 update 20% through, now stuck in boot loop and can’t turn on safe mode

Discus and support Cancelled windows 11 update 20% through, now stuck in boot loop and can’t turn on safe mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was updating from Windows 10 to 11 because my laptop had been laggy, but it was talking forever it took half an hour for 19% updated. So I pressed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jjjwc, Aug 9, 2022.

1. jjjwc Win User

Cancelled windows 11 update 20% through, now stuck in boot loop and can’t turn on safe mode

I was updating from Windows 10 to 11 because my laptop had been laggy, but it was talking forever it took half an hour for 19% updated. So I pressed the power button on my laptop to cancel it and do my work instead, and update later that night. But when I turned it back on, it got stuck in a boot loop trying to say “trying to cancel update changes”eventually, i hard rebooted it, and tried booting it up in safe mode - wouldn’t workbut by some miracle, it turned on properly after a while.Now, it’s stuck in the same boot loop again, and won’t turn on.How do I fix it???

:)

jjjwc, Aug 9, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Stuck in Safe Mode Boot Loop

Hi Justin,

It is possible that you're stuck in Safe Mode boot loop due to system components. To assist you better, we'd like to know if you've tried starting your computer in Safe Mode with Networking.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to Start your computer in safe mode
    in Windows 10. Safe Mode with Networking includes the network drivers and services you'll need to access the Internet and other computers on your network.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 9, 2022
  3. EckiStern Win User
    Updated, now stuck in loop, boot in safe mode - no desktop

Windows 10 April 2018 update-

After update stuck on blue screen that asks for keyboard layout and then takes me to Windows Rollback which just keeps looping. Booted in safe mode to a previous version of Windows, but then it says it cannot load the desktop and I get a black screen with
    just the recycle bin. No start menu, windows key does not work.

Suggestions?

EckiStern, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Cancelled windows 11 update 20% through, now stuck in boot loop and can’t turn on safe mode

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

Cancelled windows 11 update 20% through, now stuck in boot loop and can’t turn on safe mode

1. Cancelled windows 11 update 20% through, now stuck in boot loop and can’t turn on safe mode - Similar Threads - Cancelled update 20%

2. Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?: When I boot up safe mode, my screen is black and my computer is still running. Though, when I boot up my computer regularly it instantly loads up. My computer is running very slow, so I wanted to factory reset it, but it doesn’t seem like I can....
  3. Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?: When I boot up safe mode, my screen is black and my computer is still running. Though, when I boot up my computer regularly it instantly loads up. My computer is running very slow, so I wanted to factory reset it, but it doesn’t seem like I can....
  4. Windows 11 stuck in autorepair loop, can’t even boot in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck in autorepair loop, can’t even boot in safe mode: When I switch on my Acer A515-44, I get a ‘critical process died’ error, and then when I restart it the autorepair fails. I tried repairing the installation from a recovery disk and fixing bcd in command prompt but it doesn’t work. It says the boot files are created...
  5. Windows 11 stuck in autorepair loop, can’t even boot in safe mode

Windows 11 stuck in autorepair loop, can’t even boot in safe mode: When I switch on my Acer A515-44, I get a ‘critical process died’ error, and then when I restart it the autorepair fails. I tried repairing the installation from a recovery disk and fixing bcd in command prompt but it doesn’t work. It says the boot files are created...
  6. Cancelled windows 11 update 20% through, now stuck in boot loop and can’t turn on safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancelled windows 11 update 20% through, now stuck in boot loop and can’t turn on safe mode: I was updating from Windows 10 to 11 because my laptop had been laggy, but it was talking forever it took half an hour for 19% updated. So I pressed the power button on my laptop to cancel it and do my work instead, and update later that night. But when I turned it back on,...
  7. Cancelled windows 11 update 20% through, now stuck in boot loop and can’t turn on safe mode

Cancelled windows 11 update 20% through, now stuck in boot loop and can’t turn on safe mode: I was updating from Windows 10 to 11 because my laptop had been laggy, but it was talking forever it took half an hour for 19% updated. So I pressed the power button on my laptop to cancel it and do my work instead, and update later that night. But when I turned it back on,...
  8. Windows Safe Mode stuck; Booting hangs or goes in loop

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Safe Mode stuck; Booting hangs or goes in loop: [ATTACH]When you try to boot your Windows OS in Safe Mode, but find that the Windows Safe Modeis stuck at Please wait or Loading files […] This article Windows Safe Mode stuck; Booting hangs or goes in loop first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Stuck on Safe Mode and can’t remember the password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck on Safe Mode and can’t remember the password: I was having trouble with Microsoft Store i was following some i structions to try to fix it I did msconfig and clicked on boot and restarted my computer on safe mode but I realized I could not remember the Password because i started using a pin a while ago to log in I tried...
  10. Stuck in windows 10 safe mode loop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck in windows 10 safe mode loop: I enabled Windows 10 to boot in Safe Mode by opening msconfig. when my computer booted it ask me for a password. And my sister didn't remember the password. The safe mode is on loop. Is there a way to disabled safe mode? (Sorry for my poor english)...