Windows 10: Can'n create new pin

Discus and support Can'n create new pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After i complete reseting and reinstalling Windows 10, complete sign in to unlock the screen.After that, succeeded sign in, now to create set up new... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by armstronglacson, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Can'n create new pin

After i complete reseting and reinstalling Windows 10, complete sign in to unlock the screen.After that, succeeded sign in, now to create set up new pin, why cannot proceed next for a new pin. Why ??? Please help

:)

armstronglacson, Oct 18, 2020

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    Why doesn't my pin work with the anniversary edition?

Hi Nancy,

We would like to know more about the issue. Before you had the Anniversary Update, were you using an 8-digit PIN?

For the meantime, we suggest that you remove the current PIN and create a new PIN. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Remove.

After you have deleted your current PIN, create a new 4-digit PIN by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Add.

Once you have created your new 4-digit PIN, restart your computer and sign-in using the new 4-digit PIN.

Note: It is very important that you remove then create a new PIN rather than changing the current PIN.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Can'n create new pin

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Can'n create new pin

1. Can'n create new pin - Similar Threads - Can'n create pin

2. Creating New Tabs vs Creating new Desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating New Tabs vs Creating new Desktops: Hello, I just switched back to windows from my mac, and I've gotten used to the triple swipe gesture to change desktops on mac. The default windows configuration is to change tabs with the triple swipe. This irks me because because I'm used to the real time smooth motion of...
  3. Unable to get past create pin page on new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to get past create pin page on new laptop: We have been trying over 3 days now to set up our new laptop but get stuck on just a moment when we click the create a pin page. We've turned it on and off, we've left it for nearly half a day and we've turned the device off overnight, nothing works. There's no option to skip...
  4. PC Reset stuck on create a PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC Reset stuck on create a PIN: Hi All, I have just performed a PC reset in an attempt to fix an issue it seems to have completely failed to fix, and now I cannot access my PC at all. It has requested I create a PIN, but the on screen keyboard has been removed and it won't recognise the keyboard I am...
  5. Unable to create a pin

Unable to create a pin: I recently had to replace the motherboard on my computer. It is now fixed, but I am not able to create a sign-in pin. When I go to Setting/Sign in options/Sign in with a Pin/Add, I am asked to provide my computer password, which I do. Then when I click Add, I am not give the...
  6. create pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    create pin: How do create a pin to enter Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-pin/979cbfa2-b214-462e-83c2-3d4e065b25be
  7. Brand New Laptop Stuck On Create a PIN Setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand New Laptop Stuck On Create a PIN Setup: I tried to set it up with wifi off, I tried to set it up using my voice, but nothing works! I can't even do a fresh install because it already is one! submitted by /u/Blob55 [link] [comments]...
  8. Having to create a new pin randomly on my personal PC

Having to create a new pin randomly on my personal PC: I have been forced to change my login pin multiple times now due to it being an "organization requirement". It is my personal computer, not part of any organization. This is getting very annoying and once it made me switch twice within one week. I have seen one feed on this...
  9. Create Pin

Create Pin: How to disable create pin screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/create-pin/ec480980-0326-4ca6-b54e-e9c27c7896e1"
  10. create/change a pin when you forgot the pin and need the old one to create/change to a new one

create/change a pin when you forgot the pin and need the old one to create/change to a new one: tried to create a new pin since I forgot the old pin but they require the old one to change to a new one. How is one to do it??? Thanks for help....Shelguy...