Windows 10: Cannon printer no longer printing or scanning

Discus and support Cannon printer no longer printing or scanning in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Cannon MG3200 series printer/scanner, which has worked with no problems until October 2020 On the 13th October, I printed out a bank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Helibobs, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Helibobs Win User

Cannon printer no longer printing or scanning

I have a Cannon MG3200 series printer/scanner, which has worked with no problems until October 2020

On the 13th October, I printed out a bank statement & some other documents.

Since then, I have not been able to print anything!!!

When I try to print a document, it goes into the print queue, then I get the pop up box, which shows printer not responding & then says error!

I go into Device Manager, my printer is listed there as a default printer, with the green tick, I run the troubleshooter, it doesnt find any issues, it shows my printer to be on & waiting, BUT, as soon as I go to print, it then turns from "documents in queue" to show the status as error!

I have looked at printer properties & hardware. All the drivers are up to date. The printer itself is showing no errors & the blue connection light is on for the wifi!

Im at a loss what to do?

I dont understand how it can be working fine one day & nothing the next?

I am up to date with all the Windows updates & cant find any listed on my laptop, that I see many on the forums complaining about, otherwise I would uninstall the troublesome updates

:)

Helibobs, Dec 2, 2020

2. cannon mp240 printer scanner

Please try the steps recommended below to uninstall printer software

Press Windows key + X, click Apps & Features or Programs and Features

Select your cannon printer.

Select Uninstall.

Press Windows key + R, type control, hit Enter

Open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your cannon Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for cannon Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

Close Devices and Printers.

Proceed to reinstall the driver.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Cannon printer

After buying a new computer with Windows 10 I cannot acces the scanner portion of my Cannon Pixma MG5420. I can print with the printer but CANNOT scan anything! The scanner is listed under installed scanners, but I have no way to scan anything. Cannot
    bring it up to scan from the computer and when I select scan on the printer it acts like it's scanning but I don't think it is going to the computer because the scanned document in nowhere to be found. I am not about to a new printer/ scanner when this one
    is perfectly good just because Windows 10 is a piece of crap and doesn't like anything that was directly installed from the Windows app store. HELP!

JenKowatch, Dec 2, 2020
  4. wcklypc Win User

Cannon multi-function Imageclass MF4350d unit the printer works, but scanner doesn't

Although these steps fixed the problem, the fix didn't last. When I went to use the scanner a week or so later and after rebooting each day, the scanner would not connect. I get "Establishing a connection with WIA Cannon MF4320 - 4350", but it never connects.
    I can't close the popup window or the Windows Fax and Scan program unless I open Task Manager and "End Task" for the Windows Fax and Scan application. I brought up Devices and Printers window. I right click on the Cannon device which is the default printer
    and left click on properties. A Cannon properties window opens. It shows a Device Function box with 8 items listed as follows:
    Name Type Location

Cannon MF4320 - 4350 Print queues on Canon MF4320-4350

Cannon MF4320 - 4350 Imaging device 0000.001a.0000.001.003.000.000.000.000

Cannon MF4320 - 4350 Printers on USB Printing Support

Cannon MF4320 - 4350 (Fax) Print queue on Canon MF4320-4350 (FAX)

Cannon MF4320 - 4350 (Fax) Printers on USB Printing Support

USB Composite Device Universal Serial Bus controller Port_#0003.Hub_#0004

USB Printing Support Universal Serial Bus controller 0000.001a.0000.001.003.000.000.000.000

USB Printing Support Universal Serial Bus controller 0000.001a.0000.001.003.000.000.000.000

Is the imaging device location correct?

wcklypc, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannon printer no longer printing or scanning - Similar Threads - Cannon printer longer

2. Printer no longer prints in color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer no longer prints in color: Using Windows 10, my printer Wireless HP Envoy 4520 no longer will print in color. The printer is old & no longer supported by HP. I can print in color from my tablet but not the desk top computer. Did a windows update do this? I have changed nothing nor installed anything...
  3. Printer refuses print or scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer refuses print or scan: Using a usb printer from recent years on my old framework having windows 8 introduced yet now on new work PC windows 10 installed on it I can't print or scan. [Brother HL- B2000D] PC works fine on my office printer however on my home printer it don't work. CD...
  4. Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.: Brother told me to delete 10 software updates KB 4560960 and KB 4557957 to get my printer to work again. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-no-longer-prints-but-it-will-scan/3e4ed02b-fba5-47c2-b84c-db91caffdf37
  5. new printer will print not scan

new printer will print not scan: Just got a new Canon Pixma TS5060, have downloaded canon IJ scan utility, which throws up the scanning choices but when I try to choose any choice get message which reads you do not have the required privileges to access the specified folder. code:9,244,3 OR if I right...
  6. Cannon Wireless Printer

Cannon Wireless Printer: Hello, My name is Alesha. I have a Dell 7th Gen laptop. I am trying to connect a wireless printer Canon TS3122. I can not figure how to connect it. I hope someone can help me?...
  7. Cannon MX310 Printer

Cannon MX310 Printer: G'day Peeps, Greetings from Down Under I, like a lot of other people that purchased a Cannon MX 310 printer could not get it to scan. Printer worked fine but scanning was not happening. From what I read on the Cannon website, it was a regular problem. Now I'm not the...
  8. Epson Printer will print but not scan

Epson Printer will print but not scan: My Epson will print but not scan & I've tried many to the "fix its" but for some reason it's still not working. I truly need some suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer-will-print-but-not-scan/4a5644c6-f51d-420c-ad2e-1249b0084fa6
  9. cannon printer

cannon printer: I took my ink cartridges to Costco to be refilled, put them back in my printer and a message keeps coming up "low on Ink" and it wont let me print. what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannon-printer/5ba9399c-d00c-4f13-84ac-906ab7a22425
  10. Cannon PRO9000 printer connected but not printing

Cannon PRO9000 printer connected but not printing: Somebody help before I throw the computer out of the window. Printer will not print. Everytime I select print an error comes up but I can't find out why. Printer is switched on, working and connected to USB. All inks are working. all paper settings are correct. Have turned...