Windows 10: cannont make a folder on my desktop how do i fix it

Discus and support cannont make a folder on my desktop how do i fix it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; cannont make a folder on my desktop , how do i fix it . all that happens is the blue wheel spins around screen goes off and back on what do i do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SNOWEENSP, Apr 13, 2019.

1. SNOWEENSP Win User

cannont make a folder on my desktop how do i fix it

cannont make a folder on my desktop , how do i fix it . all that happens is the blue wheel spins around screen goes off and back on what do i do

:)

SNOWEENSP, Apr 13, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 13, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

1. cannont make a folder on my desktop how do i fix it - Similar Threads - cannont folder desktop

2. How do I make my desktop ready for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make my desktop ready for Windows 11: I have an HP 570 and Microsoft says the Core i5 processor can't handle Windows 11. I've replaced the hard drive with a larger SSD and boosted it to 16 gigs of Ram so I don't want to ditch this machine, which is running fine. Can anyone tell me what inexpensive Core i5 I can...
  3. How do I make my desktop ready for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my desktop ready for Windows 11: I have an HP 570 and Microsoft says the Core i5 processor can't handle Windows 11. I've replaced the hard drive with a larger SSD and boosted it to 16 gigs of Ram so I don't want to ditch this machine, which is running fine. Can anyone tell me what inexpensive Core i5 I can...
  4. how do I make a make a local documents folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I make a make a local documents folder?: All documents I save to my PC automatically gets added to an online documents folder that takes of space in my onedrive. I would rather like to save them locally on my pc and not to my onedrive. How do I set up a local documents folder?...
  5. how do I make a make a local documents folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I make a make a local documents folder?: All documents I save to my PC automatically gets added to an online documents folder that takes of space in my onedrive. I would rather like to save them locally on my pc and not to my onedrive. How do I set up a local documents folder?...
  6. How do I make the icons on my desktop smaller?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make the icons on my desktop smaller?: So I recently unplugged my second monitor's hdmi, used a different monitor, and then plugged the original one back in. The result was the icons i had on both monitors swapped monitors, and also they're all bigger now. To get the icons back to the right monitors though I just...
  7. how do i make a good desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i make a good desktop: i feel like my desktop has too many icons and its cluttered and i want to know how to make it look better submitted by /u/tushy444 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgd25s/how_do_i_make_a_good_desktop/
  8. How do I password protect my desktop folders?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I password protect my desktop folders?: I just bought this Windows 10 Pro because i needed to be able to encrypt my folder with a password. After it was set up, the "encrypt content to a secure data" is still grayed out. How do i go around it and create a password-protected folder? Any help will be very much...
  9. how do i make my second monitor a second desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i make my second monitor a second desktop: i have a second monitor that i want to be in an other desktop than the first monitor. is there a way to do this? submitted by /u/Darren_wl03 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffc5pr/how_do_i_make_my_second_monitor_a_second_desktop/
  10. I cannot make a folder on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot make a folder on my desktop.: [ATTACH] This is what i get when i try to make a folder on my desktop. Thanks for your help, Mathias Van Laere from Belgium. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-make-a-folder-on-my-desktop/781541e3-e04c-4642-be35-9c8c2a4990fc"