Windows 10: Cannot access administrator account

Discus and support Cannot access administrator account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have just installed Win 10 on a new laptop it only had a win 10 trial preinstalled and I decided to format the SDD and install the system anew; I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlrunaStormchantress, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Cannot access administrator account

I have just installed Win 10 on a new laptop it only had a win 10 trial preinstalled and I decided to format the SDD and install the system anew; I used a bootable USB made with media creation tool. I proceeded according to the steps, logged in with my microsoft account, but turns out I have a plain user account. When I go into setting -> accounts I don't see the "Family sth" setting - which is what various sites suggest as a solution.There are plenty of issues I cannot fix - updating my touchpad drivers to enable two-finger scroll, for starters. How do I make myself the administrator? It

:)

AlrunaStormchantress, Oct 24, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 24, 2021
  3. Linking Microsoft Account to my Local Account Caused me to Lose Administrator Access

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Follow the below steps,

• Type User Accounts in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Change the User Accounts.

• Here you will be able to see all the user accounts on your computer.

• Select the User account and see if it is a Standard user account or Administrator.

• If it is standard user then, change it to Administrator.

• Now, log out from the Built-in Administrator account and try to log-in with your Administrator account.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 24, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

Cannot access administrator account

Can't Access Administrator Account - Windows 10

Hi,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you start your PC in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. For steps on how to start your PC in safe mode, refer to the following link:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Once you are in safe mode, let's enable the built-in Administrator account on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user administrator /active:yes on the command prompt, and press Enter. This command will enable the built-in Administrator account.
    • Type net user administrator password on the command prompt, and press Enter. This will change the Administrator account's password to
      password.
    • Reboot your computer, and sign in as Administrator.

Once you are signed in as Administrator, let's make your old account as Administrator. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Settings > Accounts > Other Users.
    • Click on your other account and click on Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

Cannot access administrator account

1. Cannot access administrator account - Similar Threads - Cannot access administrator

2. I cannot access my administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access my administrator account: I cannot access my administrator account and also I can't add or delete user, when I am going to add account or create account it shows error code 0x30070005 , it shows network problem.I tried all solutions but it doesn't work.please help me.can anybody know how to solve this...
  3. I cannot access my administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access my administrator account: I cannot access my administrator account and also I can't add or delete user, when I am going to add account or create account it shows error code 0x30070005 , it shows network problem.I tried all solutions but it doesn't work.please help me.can anybody know how to solve this...
  4. the property of administrator account cannot be accessed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the property of administrator account cannot be accessed: Windows Embedded Standard7 service pack 1I banned the administrator account on my computer. The system denies me access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-property-of-administrator-account-cannot-be/a355621b-99c3-4d08-8de5-3f2dac8e0358
  5. the property of administrator account cannot be accessed

the property of administrator account cannot be accessed: Windows Embedded Standard7 service pack 1I banned the administrator account on my computer. The system denies me access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-property-of-administrator-account-cannot-be/a355621b-99c3-4d08-8de5-3f2dac8e0358
  6. Administrator Account access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Account access: So i recently purchased a used Dell laptop from an individual, they did not remove the administrator account or give me the password to it. i have access to one of the guest accounts but cannot even change the name on the guest account because i dont have administrator...
  7. Administrator Account access

Administrator Account access: So i recently purchased a used Dell laptop from an individual, they did not remove the administrator account or give me the password to it. i have access to one of the guest accounts but cannot even change the name on the guest account because i dont have administrator...
  8. Administrator Account access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Cannot access administrator account

Cannot access administrator account: I have just installed Win 10 on a new laptop it only had a win 10 trial preinstalled and I decided to format the SDD and install the system anew; I used a bootable USB made with media creation tool. I proceeded according to the steps, logged in with my microsoft account, but...
  10. Cannot access administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access administrator account: I have just installed Win 10 on a new laptop it only had a win 10 trial preinstalled and I decided to format the SDD and install the system anew; I used a bootable USB made with media creation tool. I proceeded according to the steps, logged in with my microsoft account, but...