Windows 10: Cannot access any website with any videos or any videos on my computer

Discus and support Cannot access any website with any videos or any videos on my computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't know what's going on with my computer. My computer suddenly stopped playing any video whatsoever. I can't access any video on my computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterMielke, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Cannot access any website with any videos or any videos on my computer

I don't know what's going on with my computer.

My computer suddenly stopped playing any video whatsoever.

I can't access any video on my computer. What happens is it pulls up the video viewer thing and then the video viewer is blank for the entire time. I sent the video to my Android and I had absolutely no playback issues at all.

I can't use any website such as YouTube or Facebook without the computer freezing the website within a few seconds of uploading it. I tried accessing a website that I need for work that allows users to upload files froze for a little bit, but then started working again suddenly. Any website that doesn't use any special graphics (like Wikipedia) works just fine.

There is also a weird pattern as well. When the speaker symbol has a red x on it, video works just fine, but without sound. When the speaker function works, the problem with uploading websites or videos on my computer immediately happens.

I got an error code when I tried to access the video that I save with: File System Error (-2147219194)

I tried going through and looking at each different driver and trying to update them, but nothing is working. I even tried the audio troubleshooter and that only caused the red x to no videos working problem again.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I hope I don't have to completely redo the software on my machine.

:)

PeterMielke, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Basith M Win User

VIDEOS MISBEHAVING IN WINDOWS10

Hi,

This might have caused due to any Video/Graphics card driver related issues. I would like to know some information about this issue so that we could assist you further.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. Have you tried installing the latest updates and driver?

3. Were you able to install Windows 10 successfully on your computer?

As a first step, I suggest you to try installing the latest Video/Graphics card drivers from computer manufacturer's website or from Windows Update and check if the issue persists. This is to check if this is caused due to any driver/update related issues.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows + X
      keys and click Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapters’.

• Right-click on the Video/Graphics card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Please reply with the status of the issue so that we can help you in a better way.

Basith M, Dec 2, 2018
  3. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Cannot access any website with any videos or any videos on my computer

Unable to view or download videos from websites

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist you.

To help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

• Did you make any specific hardware or software changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue specific to a particular website?
    Internet Explorer 11 comes with the latest version of flash player pre-installed. So, the issue may rest with the particular page having compatibility issues with the Internet Explorer or there may be an issue with the flash
    player configuration settings in Internet Explorer. Hence, I would suggest you to try the following diagnostic steps to get started in the correct direction and check if the issue persists:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try opening the page in the compatibility view and check if you are able to view the video.

Fix site display problems with Compatibility View

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11If Method 1 does not resolve the issue, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2:

Try the additional steps provided in the following link.

Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Method 3:

As slightly mentioned in the Method 2, make sure that the necessary add-ons are enabled in Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Tap or click the Tools button
    • In the Currently loaded add-ons list, click Run without Permissions.
    • Look for the following add-ons in the list that's displayed. If any of these add-ons are listed, make sure the Status for each is listed as Enabled.
    • Shockwave Active X Control
    • Shockwave Flash Object
    • Java Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)
    • QuickTime Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)
    • Windows Media Player
    Having done the above steps, check if the websites are functioning properly.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Anupkarkal1709, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Cannot access any website with any videos or any videos on my computer

1. Cannot access any website with any videos or any videos on my computer - Similar Threads - Cannot access website

2. Computer freezes when playing any video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes when playing any video: Hi,Whenever I watch any video, either on YouTube via a browser or using built in Media Player, after 5-20 minutes of watching a video my computer becomes unresponsive. Only way to solve the issue each time is to force reboot the computer.I am using the following specs...
  3. is there any video that guide me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there any video that guide me?: is there any video that guide me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-video-that-guide-me/953a3f5f-4f6d-4ba8-96c9-20b50aaa1465
  4. is there any video that guide me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there any video that guide me?: is there any video that guide me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-video-that-guide-me/953a3f5f-4f6d-4ba8-96c9-20b50aaa1465
  5. Cannot access any website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access any website: Whenever I try to access any website i get and error saying it took too long to respond. i have followed the tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7L0_C8X0tk but it hasn't worked. Please help i have tried different browsers and only the avast one sort of works but i want...
  6. Cannot access any website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access any website: Whenever I try to access any website i get and error saying it took too long to respond. i have followed the tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7L0_C8X0tk but it hasn't worked. Please help i have tried different browsers and only the avast one sort of works but i want...
  7. Cannot access any website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I cannot access any websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot access any websites: I cannot acces ny websites in Google chrome or microsoft edge I get a problem saying that this page could not be loaded or this site can't be reached I have already run windows diagnosis . Also I use virtual box and have active connections with It , I fear this might be a...
  9. Is there any video player to increase speed of video????

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there any video player to increase speed of video????: Is there any video player to increase speed of video in WIN 10 PC ???? i need to increase watching speed of a video to 1.25x. is there any video player???????...
  10. Any Video Recorder Ultimate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any Video Recorder Ultimate: Trying to download the Any Video Recorder, along with its virtual sound device. Software will download, but when I try to use the record function, I get an error message that the "AnvSoft virtual sound device" is required to run program. Software download says that device...