Windows 10: Cannot access anything in ms-settings or Windows Update

Discus and support Cannot access anything in ms-settings or Windows Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right section, but I am having problems after upgrading to Windows 10 (for the second time). If I try accessing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shathox3x, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Shathox3x Win User

Cannot access anything in ms-settings or Windows Update

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right section, but I am having problems after upgrading to Windows 10 (for the second time). If I try accessing the settings from either the start menu, through the tab in This PC, or anywhere else, it opens for a split second, then it closes. No error message or anything.

When I try to access personalization, the display settings, and whatnot, I get an error. I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for in Default Programs, as I never had to do it in previous versions of Windows.

Cannot access anything in ms-settings or Windows Update [​IMG]

I've upgraded from Windows 8.1, and I don't know what caused this. As I said, I can't access Windows Update, so I don't know if there are any updates available. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: The problem has been fixed, here's the link for the workaround for anyone else who's having this problem: Settings doesnt launch, or launches the Store instead - Microsoft Community

:)

Shathox3x, Jul 31, 2015

2. I cannot access or logon or do anything.

Hello Jasper,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

1. Is this a desktop or a laptop? (Make and model)

2. Have you tried booting your computer in Safe Mode?

3. What steps have you tried so far?

You can refer to the link below. The article is about troubleshooting Black screens in Windows 10:

Troubleshooting Black Screens

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jul 31, 2015
  3. I cannot access or logon or do anything.

Last night my computer was fine, when I woke up this morning and turned it on it took about 2 hours to go to the logon screen, during this time the ring of dots is there, but it is really pixelated, slow and takes up the majority of the time. When I do
    finally get to the logon screen it is really slow and unresponsive and when I do finally log on it takes about 20 minutes and then the screen is complete darkness with just my cursor. I also cannot access my BIOS even though I previously could. I have tried
    methods I have seen online, entering my password and then doing windows + P double down arrow and enter and it doesn't work, I cannot install windows again for some reason because my BIOS does not detect the USB with it on. Does anyone know what to do?

Jasper Tecklenberg, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Cannot access anything in ms-settings or Windows Update

1. Cannot access anything in ms-settings or Windows Update - Similar Threads - Cannot access anything

2. I cannot install/update anything on ms store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot install/update anything on ms store: I've tried countless times trying to fix this problem it just keeps repeating the same message "Something happened on our end.", I have tried resetting the cache, resetting through the settings app and even tried different products but nothing worked. windows 10 is my OS...
  3. I cannot install/update anything on ms store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot install/update anything on ms store: I've tried countless times trying to fix this problem it just keeps repeating the same message "Something happened on our end.", I have tried resetting the cache, resetting through the settings app and even tried different products but nothing worked. windows 10 is my OS...
  4. I cannot install/update anything on ms store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot run anything as administrator no access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot run anything as administrator no access: Hello, here is what I am trying to do. I want to give a family member one of my three desktop PCs. I am the only one that has an account on it both a MS account and a local account. I has basically nothing but win 10 on it. Very little used. I cannot access or run anything in...
  6. Cannot run anything as administrator no access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run anything as administrator no access: Hello, here is what I am trying to do. I want to give a family member one of my three desktop PCs. I am the only one that has an account on it both a MS account and a local account. I has basically nothing but win 10 on it. Very little used. I cannot access or run anything in...
  7. Cannot run anything as administrator no access

8. Cannot access privacy setting on MS account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access privacy setting on MS account: Hi all,hopefully this is the right space for my question - if not, please move the thread to appropriate one.Intro: I'm using Edge browser and have a system option of auto login to MS account enabled. Usually, when I go to account settings through Windows system menu, Edge is...
  9. Cannot access privacy setting on MS account

Cannot access privacy setting on MS account: Hi all,hopefully this is the right space for my question - if not, please move the thread to appropriate one.Intro: I'm using Edge browser and have a system option of auto login to MS account enabled. Usually, when I go to account settings through Windows system menu, Edge is...
  10. Cannot access anything google

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access anything google: This problem started only this morning, I am using a surface pro 4 with windows 10. I've attempted to reach youtube, google, and gmail and none seem to work. But everything else does work, like IGN, Facebook, and Microsoft.com. I've done a dns flush, I've reset the modem...