Windows 10: cannot access applications - taskbar is flashing on and off

Discus and support cannot access applications - taskbar is flashing on and off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The taskbar has disappeared on start up or is occasionally flashing . I cannot access any applications. I think u pdated to office 365 last week! In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by juliedarroch, May 5, 2020.

1. cannot access applications - taskbar is flashing on and off

The taskbar has disappeared on start up or is occasionally flashing . I cannot access any applications. I think u pdated to office 365 last week! In task manager a lot of application appear suspended eg excel. i also tried to access spotify and it said server ip address could not be found. please reply to my email which i can access on my phone . How can I troubleshoot this? I am due to pay for my next year subscription on May 20th.

:)

juliedarroch, May 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 23, 2020
  3. kreed66 Win User
    windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, May 23, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

cannot access applications - taskbar is flashing on and off

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, May 23, 2020
Thema:

cannot access applications - taskbar is flashing on and off

1. cannot access applications - taskbar is flashing on and off - Similar Threads - cannot access applications

2. Taskbar flashing for files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar flashing for files: Whenever I open one of my documents the corresponding application flashes on the Taskbar but there's no error of notification as to why it's flashing. This is annoying and distracting-is there a way to make this stop?I just tried opening one of my files from File Explorer and...
  3. Taskbar flashing for files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar flashing for files: Whenever I open one of my documents the corresponding application flashes on the Taskbar but there's no error of notification as to why it's flashing. This is annoying and distracting-is there a way to make this stop?I just tried opening one of my files from File Explorer and...
  4. taskbar flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    taskbar flashing: My taskbar has been flashing for 2 days. Had tried running sfc/scannow, cleaned up temporary files, checked the driver update, uninstall it but none worked. Tried dism.exe, not working too. I wonder what's the problem :...
  5. Taskbar and screen flash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar and screen flash: My laptop, an HP ProBook, has been flashing after I login. I am unable to access anything but Task Manager. I have tried reinstalling my graphics driver and I ran a diagnostics "cmd" in safe mode and it said nothing was bad and that it was healthy. It doesn't happen on the...
  6. Disable Taskbar Flashing for Single Application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Taskbar Flashing for Single Application: Hi, I am running automated tests which start a program in the background before shutting it down. Every time I run these tests the taskbar flashes, and I'm finding it fairly annoying. I would like to disable the flashing behaviour for only this one program. I've seen...
  7. Taskbar icon flashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icon flashing: When you start a program in Windows, the icon on the taskbar flashes Orange, presumably to alert you that it's open (as though you did not know already that XD). I want it to not do that. It is incredibly distracting, and not very user-friendly trying to work and iTunes or...
  8. Taskbar icons flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taskbar icons flashing: Hi everyone, I have a problem I hope you can help me to solve it. Whenever I open Windows Explorer, go to any folder which contains a .avi video file, the taskbar icons will start flashing or blinking non stop. As soon as I close the Explorer, the blinking stops. Please help!...
  9. Flashing blur in applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Flashing blur in applications: When I have open applications and minimize/maximize them from the task bar. I will notice a flashing blur in the application's title bar and some times in the entire application's window. The laptop I have in a Dell Inspiron 13 5368. The laptop uses the Intel HD graphic 520...
  10. Disable Taskbar flashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Taskbar flashing: Hi TenForums, How can I completely disable the yellow flashing of icons in the TaskBar when an app wants my attention? [img] 67500