Windows 10: Cannot access Bluetooth / It does not appear in Device Manager

Discus and support Cannot access Bluetooth / It does not appear in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having trouble the last couple of days since updating my laptop with my Bluetooth cutting out and disconnecting my wireless headphones. Today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lemuriapedia, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Cannot access Bluetooth / It does not appear in Device Manager

I've been having trouble the last couple of days since updating my laptop with my Bluetooth cutting out and disconnecting my wireless headphones. Today I restarted my laptop and Bluetooth has just vanished.

When I go to Bluetooth & other devices in Settings I see this.

Cannot access Bluetooth / It does not appear in Device Manager 5f5ebbe6-9bcc-4bd3-b8c4-2393ba0b1a31?upload=true.png

The option to turn Bluetooth on and off is no longer there.

When I try to Troubleshoot the problem I get the message; "Device does not have Bluetooth", despite me having Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and having used Bluetooth to connect to my headphones for the past few weeks. I've seen suggestions to do the Hardware and Devices Trouble-shooter, however that option doesn't appear on my list (If anyone can help with that I'd be grateful too)

Bluetooth no longer appears on my Device Manager, even when selecting 'Show hidden devices'. On Services 'Bluetooth Support Service' is Running and set to 'Automatic (Trigger Start)' Visiting Intel's website says my software is up to date. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 5759.

I'm really struggling with this and I'd really appreciate any help.

:)

Lemuriapedia, Feb 27, 2019
  2. Rey Cam Win User

Can't Find Bluetooth on device manager.

Hi LoChung,

This may be caused by a corrupt or an outdated driver. It may also be caused by an incorrect device connection setup.

We suggest that you check Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10: FAQ. Please perform the steps on the following
    topics to resolve your issue:

• How can I automatically fix common Bluetooth problems?
    • The Bluetooth toggle is missing in Bluetooth & other devices settings or can't be turned on.
    • Bluetooth doesn't appear and there are no unknown device listed in the Device Manager.

If the issue still persists, kindly give us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you done any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried your Bluetooth device with another computer and check if you were able to use it?

Keep us updated with the status of the issue so that we can resume working on your concern.

Rey Cam, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Unable to access Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as there are no drivers in Device Manager on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to access Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as there are no drivers under Device Manager after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Steps:

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select it.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest drivers and updates for your device after upgrading to Windows 10.

This will help you to find the drivers for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and may help in installing the drivers.

Steps:

1. Connect to the internet (Wired internet connection).

2. Press
    Windows key and type updates.

3. Click on
    Check for updates.

4. Under
    Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.

5. Try to install the updates being shown.

Refer: Connect to Bluetooth devices

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Cannot access Bluetooth / It does not appear in Device Manager

Bluetooth disappeared from Device Manager

Hi Anthony.

I already looked trough the FAQ.

Especially the follow question seems to fit my issue:

Bluetooth doesn’t appear and there are no unknown devices listed in Device Manager. How can I fix this?

But the answer does not help me, as looking at hidden devices and sorting by connection does now show any bluetooth devices.

This is also mentioned as point 4 in my list.

As suggested in the FAQ I also attempted to update multiple different drivers.

Best regards,

Benjamin

BenjaminDahlerup, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Cannot access Bluetooth / It does not appear in Device Manager

1. Cannot access Bluetooth / It does not appear in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Cannot access Bluetooth

2. Camera app does not appear on device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera app does not appear on device manager.: I am trying to connect Microsoft LifeCam 3000 HD to YouCam App. I noticed that there is no camera app on the device manager. How do i resolve this problem?...
  3. Camera app does not appear on device manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera app does not appear on device manager.: I am trying to connect Microsoft LifeCam 3000 HD to YouCam App. I noticed that there is no camera app on the device manager. How do i resolve this problem?...
  4. Generic USB Bulk Device does not appear in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Generic USB Bulk Device does not appear in Device Manager: Hello, I am in need of some help regarding a USB device. My problem is that there is a USB device which no longer appears in my device manager. I have used this device on the same PC and same Windows installation before and it worked fine. Now it does not work a Windows...
  5. Bluetooth does not show in device manager

Bluetooth does not show in device manager: I noticed a lot of Windows 10 users having problems with the Bluetooth service not showing in device manager after an update. I had the same problem and followed instructions from an advisor [device manager<view<show hidden devices<bluetooth<uninstall Bluetooth Device RFCOMM...
  6. Cannot connect Bleutooth device - In Settings - Bluetooth - the on/off toggle does not appear

Cannot connect Bleutooth device - In Settings - Bluetooth - the on/off toggle does not appear: I am trying to connect a wonderboom2 bluetooth speaker but it is no detected although I have opened it for pairing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-bleutooth-device-in-settings/61496c41-06d9-4715-a94c-619d04237800
  7. Bluetooth Not Appearing in Device Manager Even in Hidden

Bluetooth Not Appearing in Device Manager Even in Hidden: Hi there, I can't seem to activate my Bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC Update 2004; Desktop Ryzen 3700x, ASRock B550i Phantom Gaming MoBo. I don't know what happened, but it suddenly isn't available anymore. Things I have tried: 1. Check if Hidden. It is not there....
  8. Bluetooth disappearing and doesn't appear in device management

Bluetooth disappearing and doesn't appear in device management: I have Bluetooth issues i have bought a brand new pcie wifi+Bluetooth 5.0 worked great then after shutting off the computer for the night boot up the next day Bluetooth is completely gone from windows I boot up in Ubuntu and it worked fine saw the wifi card and Bluetooth so...
  9. Bluetooth support service is running, but bluetooth not appearing in device manager

Bluetooth support service is running, but bluetooth not appearing in device manager: Hello all, I was using Bluetooth tether from my phone because I lost internet. while using my computer, Windows 10 crashed on me. Upon restarting, the Bluetooth settings lacked a switch to turn Bluetooth on and off. Confused I looked online and found a post on this forum...
  10. win 10 bluetooth drivers missing. bluetooth does not appear in device manager

win 10 bluetooth drivers missing. bluetooth does not appear in device manager: is there a KB or update that has bluetooth drivers for win 10 I can not discover bluetooth devices hp printer and nintendo wiimote...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth is not appearing in device manager

2. bluetooth not appearing in device manager

3. Bluetooth does appear in Device Manager