Windows 10: cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu

Discus and support cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was using Pinnacle Studio when it froze. On rebooting I discovered I had to reinstall my drivers for video and audio. I decided to use SFC /Scannow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PhilipGlenister, Oct 13, 2019.

1. cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu

I was using Pinnacle Studio when it froze. On rebooting I discovered I had to reinstall my drivers for video and audio. I decided to use SFC /Scannow to check Windows. I discovered I could no longer access cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) by right clicking the start menu.

I have since run SFC using CMD with no errors.

:)

PhilipGlenister, Oct 13, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Oct 13, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Caring1 Win User

cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu

Command prompt is only accessible from the Administrative Profile, this is to prevent general users from accessing and bypassing controls.
    One method is to remove the drive and connect it to another system.

Caring1, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu

1. cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu - Similar Threads - cannot access command

2. Access denied in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Access denied in Command Prompt: I am trying to clear system attribute of hibefil.sys file.Automatic Repair:Your PC did not start correctly...Advance OptionsTroubleshootCommand Promptattrib -h -s hiberfil.sys /sAccess denied - C:\hiberfil.sysCan you guide me how I can remove this file. I am unable to boot...
  3. elevated admin command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    elevated admin command prompt: where is the dictionary and/or the appendix for the language to use in the elevated admin command prompt??? I would prefer to simply ask my friends in redmond at the garage to imput the needed code/txt so that my thumbs dont go numb...lolol...
  4. accessing pictures from command prompt

accessing pictures from command prompt: Due to the BSOD on my laptop and having a boot configuration data missing message (I have tried unsuccessfully to fix that), I cannot login and access the pictures on my laptop. However, through troubleshoot, I can click on the command prompt. I am logged in there as...
  5. command prompt access denied as admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    command prompt access denied as admin: [ATTACH] my windows time sync service has stopped so i want to manually start the service but it doesnt allow me to "net start w32time" even if i am the only admin account in the windows. Any help would he highly appreciated....
  6. Command prompt as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command prompt as admin: i am locked out of windows by Bitlocker. I never installed Bitlocker so how it ended up on the PC I dont know but as a result, i do not have the key. I know how to look up the key if I run command prompt as admin. I can of course get to command prompt via troubleshoot....
  7. command prompt as admin error

command prompt as admin error: Hi I am trying to delet files, and apparently I need to go into command prompt "run as admin" (through right click on command prompt in the start menu). But when I do this, I get a window asking for password, but nowhere to enter the password and no "yes" option, only a "no"...
  8. Admin Command Prompt Problem

Admin Command Prompt Problem: So i got a game but it seems it can't find D3d11.dll. So i look on the internet to see how i can fix it myself. One idea said i should run sfc /scannow. I went on the admin command prompt, i can't type anything on it. It also automatically move to the top right of my screen...
  9. command prompt commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    command prompt commands: Can anybody just tell me what the command prompt for starting up in safe mode with networking is, if there is one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/command-prompt-commands/7b058934-65f0-40dc-8982-936764895a61
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot access command prompt recovery menu