Windows 10: Cannot access computer after a Microsoft update.

Discus and support Cannot access computer after a Microsoft update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When finished working on my Dell XPS 18 last Friday, at log out, I chose the option presented to "Update & Shut down". Next day I turned on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LaraineLawson, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Cannot access computer after a Microsoft update.

When finished working on my Dell XPS 18 last Friday, at log out, I chose the option presented to "Update & Shut down". Next day I turned on my computer and now cannot get past the Dell logo. I have Windows 10 and Office 365 Home.

After some research, using my phone, I tried the power on then hit f12 key, this allowed me to access and run diagnostics. This took about 2 hours and came back with positive clearance on all items tested. (The only exception was a warning message that my battery was nearing end of life.)

I did contact Dell, however they where unable to do more than what I had done and their recommendation was to reset the computer to factory defaults. I chose not to do that at this time as I have a lot of information on this hard drive that I do not want to lose. (My backups are out of date!)

I am now looking for a solution to get past the Dell logo as I feel that the computer itself is fine but the software was at fault. Cannot remember what the update was for!

Would appreciate any assistanceCannot access computer after a Microsoft update. :)

thank you,

Laraine

:)

LaraineLawson, Jun 20, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jun 20, 2019
  3. The computer crashes when accessing Microsoft Office on Windows 10

Hi Indu,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• Does the system crashes only when accessing Microsoft Office product?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access Microsoft Office products?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Which version of Microsoft Office have you installed on your device?

As a workaround, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Press Windows
    key and type Troubleshooting.

Select Troubleshooting and hit
    Enter.

Click on View all in the left pane of the window.

Select System Maintenance.

Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue persists only when accessing the Microsoft Office products, I suggest you to contact the below forums as we have a dedicated team to assist you better with this issue.

Microsoft Office Forums

Select the right category to post a query.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Cannot access computer after a Microsoft update.

Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Cannot access computer after a Microsoft update.

1. Cannot access computer after a Microsoft update. - Similar Threads - Cannot access computer

2. Cannot get access to the computers on Home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot get access to the computers on Home network: I haven’t been able to get access to other computers on my home wifi network since the last Windows 10 update. I receive an error message: you do not have permission to access (a particular computer). Contact administrator to request access. Any help is appreciated Windows...
  3. Cannot Access NAS-server after Win10 update

Cannot Access NAS-server after Win10 update: I recently bought a laptop, and now it cannot access my Synology DSM213 in File Explorer. The NAS showed up on the network on my laptop, but not in File Explorer, and when trying to open it, it would have me access it through a web browser. I want it treated like a...
  4. Cannot access Microsoft update catalog from any browsers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot access Microsoft update catalog from any browsers: It just started on October 24, I went to support microsoft.com page to download (KB4462933), When I clicked Microsoft update catalog link, it gave me a download file 4462933.csv (you can see the picture). [img] It is the same to all other browsers: Firefox, Tor, Internet...
  5. CANNOT ACCESS OTHER COMPUTERS ON NETWORK SHOWN

CANNOT ACCESS OTHER COMPUTERS ON NETWORK SHOWN: - ACCESS DENIED CONTACT ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS A HOME NETWORK AND THERE IS NO ADMINISTRATOR TO MY KNOWLEDGE EARLIER USERNAME NAME WAS ASKED AND PASSWORD I DONT KNOW EITHER, NEVER SET UP PASSWORDS OTHER THAN THAN GMAIL AND SYNCG WITH ROUTER...
  6. Cannot Access Computer on Network

Cannot Access Computer on Network: Hi We have a small peer to peer wired network in our office with 4 computers. My Computer (computer A) hosts QuickBooks in a shared folder and the other computers access it through the network. Last week we set up a new hub and I just unplugged the cable from the...
  7. Can't access shared computer after update

Can't access shared computer after update: Just did an update on one of my 4 computers in my network. It was 2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 (KB4338819) - OS Build 17134.165. As soon as it rebooted, I lost access to one of the computers in the network. I can still access the shared folders of...
  8. After KB4058043, cannot access workgroup

After KB4058043, cannot access workgroup: Everything was working until I installed KB4058043. I do not know if that was a coincidence or not, but after the reboot, I cannot access any of the computers on my workgroup. I do use Kaspersky anti-virus (reinstalled it just in case). I do see this: [img]...
  9. One computer cannot access other network computers.

One computer cannot access other network computers.: I have three windows 10 PCs and one NAS on my network. One PC (Lenovo 220X) and the NAS are hardwired. The other two are wireless (Surface Pro 1 and Surface pro 4) The surface pro 4 can see but not access either of the two other PCs. The other PCs can see and access each...
  10. Big problem after update cannot access windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Big problem after update cannot access windows: I have a big problem of access to windows. I updated my version of Windows 64bit, but after you restart, put my password as usual, but i see rotation start but i cannot acceso to window and come back to logon access ... Please help Hispa 39468