Windows 10: Cannot access computer after a Microsoft update.

Discus and support Cannot access computer after a Microsoft update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When finished working on my Dell XPS 18 last Friday, at log out, I chose the option presented to "Update & Shut down". Next day I turned on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LaraineLawson, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Cannot access computer after a Microsoft update.

When finished working on my Dell XPS 18 last Friday, at log out, I chose the option presented to "Update & Shut down". Next day I turned on my computer and now cannot get past the Dell logo. I have Windows 10 and Office 365 Home.

After some research, using my phone, I tried the power on then hit f12 key, this allowed me to access and run diagnostics. This took about 2 hours and came back with positive clearance on all items tested. (The only exception was a warning message that my battery was nearing end of life.)

I did contact Dell, however they where unable to do more than what I had done and their recommendation was to reset the computer to factory defaults. I chose not to do that at this time as I have a lot of information on this hard drive that I do not want to lose. (My backups are out of date!)

I am now looking for a solution to get past the Dell logo as I feel that the computer itself is fine but the software was at fault. Cannot remember what the update was for!

Would appreciate any assistanceCannot access computer after a Microsoft update. :)

thank you,

Laraine

:)

LaraineLawson, Jun 20, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jun 20, 2019
  3. The computer crashes when accessing Microsoft Office on Windows 10

Hi Indu,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• Does the system crashes only when accessing Microsoft Office product?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access Microsoft Office products?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Which version of Microsoft Office have you installed on your device?

As a workaround, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Press Windows
    key and type Troubleshooting.

Select Troubleshooting and hit
    Enter.

Click on View all in the left pane of the window.

Select System Maintenance.

Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue persists only when accessing the Microsoft Office products, I suggest you to contact the below forums as we have a dedicated team to assist you better with this issue.

Microsoft Office Forums

Select the right category to post a query.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Cannot access computer after a Microsoft update.

Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Cannot access computer after a Microsoft update.

1. Cannot access computer after a Microsoft update. - Similar Threads - Cannot access computer

2. Cannot access files on Windows, or update computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access files on Windows, or update computer: After installing a Minecraft Resource pack and restarting my computer, suddenly I could not update windows, open files, or access any xbox games. I have tried most of the things the internet has told me to do, and have ran many scans on my computer but my antivirus cannot...
  3. Cannot access files on Windows, or update computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access files on Windows, or update computer: After installing a Minecraft Resource pack and restarting my computer, suddenly I could not update windows, open files, or access any xbox games. I have tried most of the things the internet has told me to do, and have ran many scans on my computer but my antivirus cannot...
  4. Can't access anything on my computer after Microsoft update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access anything on my computer after Microsoft update: It appears Windows 10 updated. However, I cannot get into my profile to access ANYTHING on my computer. It simply shows a Windows desktop with apps. Does anyone know if opening a new local user account will give me back access to everything on my computer? Has this happened...
  5. Can't access anything on my computer after Microsoft update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access anything on my computer after Microsoft update: It appears Windows 10 updated. However, I cannot get into my profile to access ANYTHING on my computer. It simply shows a Windows desktop with apps. Does anyone know if opening a new local user account will give me back access to everything on my computer? Has this happened...
  6. Can't access anything on my computer after Microsoft update

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Cannot Access \\Computer\\Shared Network Folders after Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Access \\Computer\\Shared Network Folders after Windows Update.: System is two Windows 10 computers on a network which also has a NAS drive, a printer and other computers, some of which aren’t always connected. Since I did the KB 4023057 update yesterday, the network is not working properly. Let’s call the two Win 10 computers A & B. In...
  8. Update stuck at 0 and cannot access computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stuck at 0 and cannot access computer: I have a microsoft surface pro. I went to access my class this morning but when i opened the computer the message “Comfiguring update for windows 10 0% complete” was on the screen. I cannot move this message or interact with the screen at all to log onto my computer....
  9. Cannot access computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot access computer: I just purchased a fairly new used windows 10 computer. The previous owner did not remove their login email and password. I cannot login. I do not know the password. I am locked out. Any ideas how I can get access to my computer. I cannot get passed the login screen. Thank...
  10. Cannot see networked computers after Microsoft updates AGAIN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see networked computers after Microsoft updates AGAIN: I have tried every fix posted, to get my networked computers to see each other to no avail. Every time I manage to fix that, a new "update" gets released and I get sent right back to square one. How can we solve this so I don't have to keep fixing what your updates screw up?...