Windows 10: Cannot access computer

Discus and support Cannot access computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just purchased a fairly new used windows 10 computer. The previous owner did not remove their login email and password. I cannot login. I do not know... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by lisamootrey, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Cannot access computer

I just purchased a fairly new used windows 10 computer. The previous owner did not remove their login email and password. I cannot login. I do not know the password. I am locked out. Any ideas how I can get access to my computer. I cannot get passed the login screen. Thank You.

:)

lisamootrey, Aug 7, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Aug 7, 2020
  4. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access computer

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Cannot access computer

1. Cannot access computer - Similar Threads - Cannot access computer

2. Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A: I have two computers COMPUTER-A and COMPUTER-B connected to a wireless network. Everytime I try to access COMPUTER-A from COMPUTER-B I get a network error "Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A. Contact your network...
  3. Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A: I have two computers COMPUTER-A and COMPUTER-B connected to a wireless network. Everytime I try to access COMPUTER-A from COMPUTER-B I get a network error "Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A. Contact your network...
  4. Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computers on network cannot be accessed

Computers on network cannot be accessed: We have 2 new laptops call them 1 and 2 and 2 old laptops call them 3 and 4. From laptops 1 and 2, we can access shared files on 3 or 4 and vice versa but laptop 1 and 2 cannot connect with each other. Obviously, all sharing permissions are set since the new and old can share...
  6. Cannot access my computer at all

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot access my computer at all: So at first my computer scanned the disk when I turned it off for the night and I allowed it to do that as I though it was just a normal thing then the problems started At first I got a blue screen and it had an error message: "d:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrial.txt"...
  7. Update stuck at 0 and cannot access computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stuck at 0 and cannot access computer: I have a microsoft surface pro. I went to access my class this morning but when i opened the computer the message “Comfiguring update for windows 10 0% complete” was on the screen. I cannot move this message or interact with the screen at all to log onto my computer....
  8. Windows cannot access \\computer

Windows cannot access \\computer: All of a sudden I cannot access the other computer on my home network. I've been able to do so for years but suddenly can't. I get the message "Windows cannot access \\computername." I haven't changed anything (to my knowledge). Files on computername are shared as they...
  9. Cannot Access Computer on Network

Cannot Access Computer on Network: Hi We have a small peer to peer wired network in our office with 4 computers. My Computer (computer A) hosts QuickBooks in a shared folder and the other computers access it through the network. Last week we set up a new hub and I just unplugged the cable from the...
  10. One computer cannot access other network computers.

One computer cannot access other network computers.: I have three windows 10 PCs and one NAS on my network. One PC (Lenovo 220X) and the NAS are hardwired. The other two are wireless (Surface Pro 1 and Surface pro 4) The surface pro 4 can see but not access either of the two other PCs. The other PCs can see and access each...