Windows 10: Cannot Access Control Panel as Administrator after Enabling a Group Policy I Made

Discus and support Cannot Access Control Panel as Administrator after Enabling a Group Policy I Made in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello there,I have recently been configuring a Virtual Windows 2019 server for school that runs as a domain service.We were instructed to install ADDS... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Connor Peers, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Cannot Access Control Panel as Administrator after Enabling a Group Policy I Made

Hello there,I have recently been configuring a Virtual Windows 2019 server for school that runs as a domain service.We were instructed to install ADDS and then configure our own Group Policy.One of the aspects of the Group Policy was doing the following:Edit "My GPO" > User Config > Policies > Admin Templates > Control Panel > Prohibit access to Control Panel and PC settings Set to 'Enabled'While the intention of this I believe was to block other users of the domain from accessing the Control Panel, I now find myself unable to access the Control Panel even as Administrator, re

:)

Connor Peers, Jul 27, 2021
  2. archz2 Win User

Administrative template missing in group policy editor.

I have windows 10 home. The page here

How to Speed up Thumbnail Loading in Windows 10

in step 3 asks for searching "Turn off the caching of thumbnails". I couldn't find this using the search function of policy plus freeware.

I went through this page.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/tro...-areas-missing.

I used the command "regsvr32 gptext.dll" in command prompt and got a positive confirmation.

Cannot Access Control Panel as Administrator after Enabling a Group Policy I Made [​IMG]

But when I went to the group policy editor, I still can't find admin templates.

This link is asking for credit card details to access the solution. I'm not comfortable in giving my details here.
    Solved: Missing administrative templates from Group Policy Windows 2012 Domain Controllers | Experts Exchange

archz2, Jul 27, 2021
  3. Applying group policy settings on standalone Windows 10 PC

I am creating a user account for my daughter and want to restrict access for that account to various tools / programs. I have created a group policy for non-administrators using mmc / group policy object, and have set the 'Prohibit access to Control Panel
    and PC settings' within that group to enabled. However, my daughters account still has access to the control panel and settings app, so the group policy is obviously not being applied.

I am using Windows 10 Pro (upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate), am logged in as the only administrator account, and my computer is a standalone PC not part of a domain.

I would be very grateful for any help in getting the local group policy to apply.

Many thanks in advance

DannyR_813, Jul 27, 2021
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Cannot Access Control Panel as Administrator after Enabling a Group Policy I Made

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

Cannot Access Control Panel as Administrator after Enabling a Group Policy I Made

1. Cannot Access Control Panel as Administrator after Enabling a Group Policy I Made - Similar Threads - Cannot Access Control

2. Enable group policy edit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable group policy edit.: How do I enable group policy edit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-group-policy-edit/b1b67a7d-433f-448b-894e-de19815d1e95
  3. Enable group policy edit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable group policy edit.: How do I enable group policy edit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-group-policy-edit/b1b67a7d-433f-448b-894e-de19815d1e95
  4. I cannot access the NVIDIA control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot access the NVIDIA control panel: I have uninstalled the driver, reinstalled the driver multiple times, updated the driver, downloaded a device driver uninstall/cleanup tool, reinstalled windows and I still cannot access the NVIDIA control panel. I keep getting the message saying "NVIDIA display settings are...
  5. I am the administrator and I cannot access control panel settings like user account control...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am the administrator and I cannot access control panel settings like user account control...: Windows 10, fresh install, I am administrator, no other accounts. I cannot access disk partitioning, user account controls, and probably much more because I apparently don't have control over the computer I paid for with the operating system I paid for. Everything worked...
  6. How to add Local Group Policy Editor to Control Panel

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Local Group Policy Editor to Control Panel: [ATTACH]Although there are many ways to open Local Group Policy Editor on Windows PC, if you want to open it from Control Panel, then this […] This article How to add Local Group Policy Editor to Control Panel first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. accessing group policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    accessing group policy: want to turn on windows defender. a message says it is turned off in group policy. how do i access group policy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/accessing-group-policy/857da2c3-3460-4076-9433-31950a3fdaf0
  8. Prohibit access to control panel and PC settings group policy does not applied to windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prohibit access to control panel and PC settings group policy does not applied to windows...: We have a small setup of windows server 2012 active directory based Setup. All client computers are windows 7, windows 8 and windows 10 professional os installed (license version) and are connected to domain. All the applied group policies are working fine with all the...
  9. Cannot access the Sound control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot access the Sound control panel: This has been happening for a while, but i never felt the need to fix it because I never actually "needed" to be here. Until one day the microphone decides to turn off and I can't really do anything. When I right click on the sound button on the task bar, it shows five...
  10. Enable Group Policy in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Group Policy in Windows 10: Have just read the the 'Local Group Policy Editor' is not included in Windows 10 home edition. 1. If true how to get it ? 2. What is it used for ? 62122