Windows 10: Cannot Access Files on my USB Drive or any external devices.

Discus and support Cannot Access Files on my USB Drive or any external devices. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to open files on an external USB drive and I keep getting the message: 'You don't currently have permission to access this file.' You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TracySarris, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Cannot Access Files on my USB Drive or any external devices.

I am trying to open files on an external USB drive and I keep getting the message:

'You don't currently have permission to access this file.'

You are supposed to click continue to permanently get access but then I get a message:

'Yu have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will need to use the security tab.'

I clicked on the link for the security tab but am not sure what to do at that point. Can anyone direct me on what to do next?

Thanks!

:)

TracySarris, Oct 28, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

External Drive "not accessible"

Hi,

Corrupted USB controller is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to access your external hard drive. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this

link
    to resolve the issue.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Can't Access Either of My External Drives After 14393

Hi Michael,

To better assist you with your concern, I would like to ask if you're getting any error messages when accessing your external drives? If yes, can you provide us with the exact error message?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Click on USB Mass Storage.
    • Right click on your USB, and then click on Update Driver Software.
    • Once done, check if you can access your external drives.

Regards.

Ruizell Rey, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Cannot Access Files on my USB Drive or any external devices.

Problem accessing partition on External Drive

Hi,

Corrupted USB controller is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to access your external hard drive. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this

link
    to resolve the issue.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Access Files on my USB Drive or any external devices.

1. Cannot Access Files on my USB Drive or any external devices. - Similar Threads - Cannot Access Files

2. External USB-SSD drive not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External USB-SSD drive not accessible: Hi,I have an SSD disk 2.5" size. I have been using it as an external harddrive for a while. There are important data on it.I have not been using it for a while, After latest access to that SSD I have reinstalled my OS to my computer, I am not sure if this is related to my...
  3. External USB-SSD drive not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External USB-SSD drive not accessible: Hi,I have an SSD disk 2.5" size. I have been using it as an external harddrive for a while. There are important data on it.I have not been using it for a while, After latest access to that SSD I have reinstalled my OS to my computer, I am not sure if this is related to my...
  4. Windows cannot access the specified device path or file External Hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access the specified device path or file External Hard drive: Greetings People of microsoft, I tried to access my old SSD using a docking port harddisk 3.0, however it recognised by the system, but when accessing like application.exe it shown an error like this 'Windows cannot access the specified device path or file':Yes it can read...
  5. Windows cannot access the specified device path or file External Hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot access the specified device path or file External Hard drive: Greetings People of microsoft, I tried to access my old SSD using a docking port harddisk 3.0, however it recognised by the system, but when accessing like application.exe it shown an error like this 'Windows cannot access the specified device path or file':Yes it can read...
  6. Windows cannot access the specified device path or file External Hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Access Denied to any external drive

Access Denied to any external drive: Hi, Whenever I connect an usb or harddrive, my laptop gives me a "location not found: access denied" error. For my external harddrive I have tried everything I could find on the internet, I tried to take ownership, by going to the security tab and changing the owner to...
  8. My external hard drive is recognized by my laptop, but I cannot access any of the files on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My external hard drive is recognized by my laptop, but I cannot access any of the files on...: I'm using windows 10, the drive is SP Armor A30. I've tried uninstall, and several other online techniques. I even tried to open it but the screws were too tight. I've used Recuva and it did nothing. I've ran recovery program and it came back with an error . Error Checking...
  9. Cannot access USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot access USB drive: Hi Microsoft Community, I have a USB and I used it to store some important data there. After a few days, it was inaccessible and showed the following below regardless of what computer I used (including different OSses)[ATTACH][ATTACH] PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ANSWERING....
  10. Cannot access any files on external USB backups

Cannot access any files on external USB backups: Hi, I have a small network with Server 2019 and 3 Windows 10 PCs. The server had backups of all the data from the Windows 10 PCs. The mainboard on the server failed so the data on the RAID 1 array is not available. I have 2 backups of all the data from the server on to 2...