Windows 10: Cannot access files on Nas

Discus and support Cannot access files on Nas in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On 1803 (latest update) & 1809 I cannot access files on my nas or connect to my Nas web gui with jumbo frames enabled. This is happening on Intel &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tom__S, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Tom__S Win User

Cannot access files on Nas

On 1803 (latest update) & 1809 I cannot access files on my nas or connect to my Nas web gui with jumbo frames enabled. This is happening on Intel & Realtek nic's.

This had been working on all machines until the latest update Win10 Pro and Home.

Disabling jumbo frames allows me to access my nas.

Is there a better solution? I'd like to continue using jumbo frames.

:)

Tom__S, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Problem accessing a NAS drive

I have 2 NAS drives and 3 computers in my home network. The NAS drives and one PC are Ethernet-connected to a router/wireless access point; the other 2 PCs use wireless connections. All 3 PCs can access one NAS drive with no problem. The drives show up in the Network section of File Explorer, and if I click on the NAS's icon all it's shares are displayed (whether or not the PC has credentials to access the shares). The shares on the other NAS drive can be seen by only 2 of the PCs.

On the failing PC the inaccessible NAS drive shows in File Explorer, but if I click on it I get

Cannot access files on Nas [​IMG]

However, on that same PC, Firefox can access the FTP server on the NAS drive

Cannot access files on Nas [​IMG]

so Windows obviously has no trouble communicating with the NAS. And Windows must be configured to allow communication with a NAS in general or it could not successfully connect to the other NAS. (Those two screen snips were stored on that working NAS.)

The problematic PC doesn't really have to reach the NAS, but I would like it to, and I'm frustrated that I can't figure this out. Anyone have any suggestions?

BTW, the error popup says I should ask the administrator of the server about this. I would, but I'm not speaking with myself at the moment.

pokeefe0001, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Cannot access files on Nas

Cannot access NAS devices

Hello,

We are glad to hear that you can now access your NAS drive. For the other issues that you're experiencing such as not being able too add files to the NAS drive, we suggest that you post your concern the

Microsoft Technet forums
    . TechNet is a community of IT professionals and advanced users.

Regards.

Marilou Ser, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Cannot access files on Nas

1. Cannot access files on Nas - Similar Threads - Cannot access files

2. cannot access Lacie NAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot access Lacie NAS: i have a Lacie NAS and cant remember my login details to access it via the web portal is there a way I can acccess it locally via ethernet so I can access the files I cant reset the device as I have photos which I want to keep on it If I took the device out of the nas...
  3. Cannot access NAS after resetting windows 10

Cannot access NAS after resetting windows 10: Ok. Driving me mad. Linkstation attached via ethernet to network. Static IP 192.168.0.2 Can access via other devices on network. NAS software can 'see' the device and confirms the IP address. I can access 192.168.0.2 through browser. Windows saw the device fine until I...
  4. Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP: I am running Windows 10 64 bit professional and using Firefox as my web browser. Whenever I put in the IP address of either my BT Hub 2 router or my QNAP NAS all I keep getting is 'server not found' even though when I do the same on my mobile phone I can access them with no...
  5. Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access"

Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access": I tried to connect to my NAS by entering \\Wintermute into my File Explorer address bar and was prompted to enter my credentials. I then got this error. I get this error every time I try to connect to \\Wintermute, without being asked for my credentials. Can anyone advise...
  6. Can't access NAS files in file explorer

Can't access NAS files in file explorer: Hi, I have a small home office with two computers. I decided to invest in a NAS so that the two computers have access to the same files. The newer computer, a lenovo AIO, had no problem connecting to the nas through a network switch which both computers are connected to,...
  7. I cannot access a NAS as a guest user

I cannot access a NAS as a guest user: Hi I need to access a NAS as a guest user, it is possible to access the NAS on a computer with Linus but it is not possible when using Windows. When I try I get the network error 1208. From what I have read the functionality was disabled in windows because it was too...
  8. Cannot access NAS from One User

Cannot access NAS from One User: Hello! Yesterday, I came back to my computer, only to find I cannot access my NAS. I went on another computer in my house, attached through LAN and it worked. I also went to another user on my computer and it worked, but on my user it did not. Naturally, I tested and...
  9. Two win10 computers, one can access nas files the other cannot

Two win10 computers, one can access nas files the other cannot: I recently obtained a new Surface Pro 4 running win10 pro to replace an older laptop also running 64b win10 pro. The old laptop can access all of the files on my NAS Buffalo TeraStation via a router (both hardwired and wireless). The new computer can access the TeraStation...
  10. Cannot access a secured share on a NAS

Cannot access a secured share on a NAS: I have a NAS drive with both several unprotected folders and one protected folder. I have no trouble accessing the unprotected folders from Win10, but I cannot get access to the protected one. If I click on the secure folder from File Explorer I get the popup [img] I...