Windows 10: Cannot access files

Discus and support Cannot access files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some reason I cannot access files since updating Office. When I try I get a standard message advising that I don't have permission to access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LawrieGD&P, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Cannot access files

For some reason I cannot access files since updating Office. When I try I get a standard message advising that I don't have permission to access the file. Any ideas?

:)

LawrieGD&P, Nov 28, 2018
  2. DRDNA Win User

Recover access database

Looks like you will need to rebuild the whole thing but at least you have the data still, right?
    EDIT: Wait did you try this?

Convert a database to the Access 2007 file format

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/a...-the-access-2007-file-format-HA010048406.aspx

You cannot convert a replicated database to the Office Access 2007 file format. However, you can use Access 2007 to create a replica of a database that is formatted in either the Access 2000 or the Access 2002 - 2003 file format.

More copy and paste:
    [paste:font size="5"]Convert an Access 97 database, Convert an Access 95 database, or Convert an Access 2.0 database.
    • Click the Microsoft Office Button
      Cannot access files [​IMG]
      , point to Save As, and then, under Save the database in another format, click the file format to which you want to convert.
    • If any database objects are open when you use the Save Database As command, Access prompts you to close them prior to creating the copy. Click Yes to make Access close the objects, or click No to cancel the entire process. If needed, Access will also prompt you to save any changes.
    • In the Save As dialog box, type a file name in the File name box, and then click Save.
    Access creates the copy of the database, and then opens the copy. Access automatically closes the original database.

Here is a short and sweet version: http://www.ehow.com/how_7339817_convert-2003-database-access-2007.html

DRDNA, Nov 28, 2018
  3. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Cannot access files

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Cannot access files

1. Cannot access files - Similar Threads - Cannot access files

2. The file cannot be accessed by the system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The file cannot be accessed by the system.: In CMD I ran wsl command, It is showing The file cannot be accessed by the system. It is happening from after restore of system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-file-cannot-be-accessed-by-the-system/5ed0771e-dd9c-45db-8a57-88aec57be738
  3. cannot access encrypted files

cannot access encrypted files: I got some files that I've encrypted by EFS on windows 11. After I got some issues, I have to reinstall windows 10 then I lost my access to the files that I've encrypted even I use the same Microsoft account on both system and it's on the same computer.I've tried may methods...
  4. Cannot access File Explorer

Cannot access File Explorer: My laptop wouldn't start properly yesterday but did eventually. When I logged in as normal all was ok, I checked outlook but it wouldn't load, nor would any MS Excel/Word etc. Also my Kaspersky Password Manager wouldn't work. File Explorer also wouldn't work.I checked for...
  5. Cannot access files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access files: I keep getting this error. It happened after I downloaded a script. Does anyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-files/321d9219-ea6e-4de3-83f8-5e934aa74f51
  6. Cannot access files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access files: I keep getting this error. It happened after I downloaded a script. Does anyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-files/321d9219-ea6e-4de3-83f8-5e934aa74f51
  7. Cannot access files

8. The file cannot be accessed by the system

The file cannot be accessed by the system: После переустановки Win10 нет доступа к большей части файлов и папок. ошибка The file cannot be accessed by the system Внешний винт заблокировался наглухо и не хочет открывать вообще ничего. Внутренний винт открывает некоторые файлы и иногда удается открыть после...
  9. The process cannot access the file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The process cannot access the file...: I get this message every time I try to use this file and have no idea why. Not sure if I am asking in the right place but I guess I will soon find out! See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box....
  10. Cannot access files on Nas

Cannot access files on Nas: On 1803 (latest update) & 1809 I cannot access files on my nas or connect to my Nas web gui with jumbo frames enabled. This is happening on Intel & Realtek nic's. This had been working on all machines until the latest update Win10 Pro and Home. Disabling jumbo frames...