Windows 10: Cannot access gmail?

Discus and support Cannot access gmail? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For about the last month whenever I open up the mail app I get the banner that says it can not access my gmail and to check the imap settings. Once I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/duckstudent, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Cannot access gmail?

For about the last month whenever I open up the mail app I get the banner that says it can not access my gmail and to check the imap settings. Once I open the mail app it does show me all my email, however if the mail app is not open it does not show me when I have new mail.

I've gone into my gmail settings and everything is correct. IMAP is on and it shows on for the folders. I have 2 different gmail address and it does it with both of them. I've reset the mail app as well as deleted and reinstalled. Does anyone else have this issue?

I have 2 comcast addresses and don't seem to have this issue with them. And when I set up the gmails I select add gmail account. And up until a month ago it was working fine.

submitted by /u/duckstudent
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/duckstudent, Mar 19, 2020
  2. Winuser Win User

Can't access Gmail account

I have my gmail account setup for 2 step verification. I was worried because I wasn't receiving a text with my code. It's working again so I guess it was a problem at there end.

Winuser, Mar 19, 2020
  3. weybrew Win User
    All Gmail links fail

Thanks to Caledon Ken...your suggestion had no effect.

Thanks to bro67...Interestingly enough the Gmail link to this forum reply actually worked, as did your link to "How to Fix....." I tried steps 1 and 2 without success. Step 3 gave me the following screen, which didn't look like the article described. At any rate, the probem is unchanged...screenshot follows.

Cannot access gmail? [​IMG]

Cannot access gmail? [​IMG]

weybrew, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Kujath Win User

Cannot access gmail?

Gmail access

No,i am able to access gmail in my Laptop..only in mobile am not able to..am not able to access by clicking ""Messages>mail>gmail"" :'(

i dont aware about step2 verification, Still you want me to follow those steps?

Kujath, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Cannot access gmail?

1. Cannot access gmail? - Similar Threads - Cannot access gmail

2. cannot reply to a gmail email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot reply to a gmail email: I receive messages from people with gmail but when I reply using Windows 10 Mail it bounces backYour message was not delivered because the destination computer refused to accept it the error message is reproduced below. This type of erroris usually due to a mis-configured...
  3. cannot reply to a gmail email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot reply to a gmail email: I receive messages from people with gmail but when I reply using Windows 10 Mail it bounces backYour message was not delivered because the destination computer refused to accept it the error message is reproduced below. This type of erroris usually due to a mis-configured...
  4. Cannot attach items in GMail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot attach items in GMail: I have been using Windows10 with Google Chrome for at least four years with no problem. During the past week, however, the paperclip icon for attachments has disappeared. I've tried all the solutions posted in these forums, but so far, nothing has worked. Thank you for your...
  5. Trying to access my Gmail.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to access my Gmail.: Has anyone had a problem getting into their "Gmail" account? I was asked by the Agent if I was trying to get into my Microsoft account or my Hotmail Account? I was given the option to use the Authenticator APP but after having read what the app can do I said no thank you....
  6. Outlook cannot connect to GMail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook cannot connect to GMail: Hi I have been using the same Outlook and GMail accounts for years and about a week ago I get an error message when I try to download my email. I haven`t changed any settings at all. ERROR: Ox8OOCCC1A Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have...
  7. Cannot attach a file in Gmail.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot attach a file in Gmail.: Gmail has been working perfectly until about two + weeks ago. Then it would say "no internet connection" although the internet tested connected. Then another issue developed. When trying to attach a file to an email, the shell of the file will attach, but it never...
  8. Cannot Access Emails in My GMail Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Access Emails in My GMail Account: I am unable to receive emails using my Gmail account. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-emails-in-my-gmail-account/11728ae3-4a3e-4c2d-9d09-ca50319244f5
  9. I cannot open gmail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot open gmail: I cannot open gmail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-gmail/1c341e2f-d2bc-4ebb-aee5-70dc9f39f7a3
  10. Can't access Gmail account

in Browsers and Email
    Can't access Gmail account: When my email client tried to check my Gmail I was asked for my password. I entered my password and got the prompt to enter the code sent to my cell phone. Nothing is being sent to my phone. I can't find my backup codes to try. Anyone using 2 code verification for their Gmail...