Windows 10: Cannot access holder when click Chrome icon

Discus and support Cannot access holder when click Chrome icon in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When click the chrome icon, no folder can be access except received a message: " something went wrong while displaying this webpage" and at the low... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HoNB, Dec 17, 2019.

1. HoNB Win User

Cannot access holder when click Chrome icon

When click the chrome icon, no folder can be access except received a message: " something went wrong while displaying this webpage" and at the low right hand corner another message displayed : "Grammarly for Chrome has crashed \. Click this ballon to reload the extension"

I have tried different ways to fix it but not succeeded.

:)

2. Gowrish_S Win User

Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions for us:

1. Was there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Are you able to see other notification icons?
    3. Have you tested the issue on a different user account?
    Please try this step and let us know:

As you have already tried enabling the settings in Google Chrome and Windows 10, I would suggest you to create a new user account by following the

link
    and test the issue.

Note- The notification icon will be missing if you access the Google Chrome in Incognito mode. Please access the browser in normal mode.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Google Chrome access

I can no longer access Google Chrome (Windows 10). I had access to Chrome up until about a week ago. I think this happened when I updated recently, but am not sure. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall. Nothing. I've followed lots of suggested
    steps. Nothing. I can't open it, find it, install it, reinstall it. Any advice?

NancyRobinson4, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Cannot access holder when click Chrome icon

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Cannot access holder when click Chrome icon

1. Cannot access holder when click Chrome icon - Similar Threads - Cannot access holder

2. Cannot right-click taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot right-click taskbar icons.: Hi,As per title, I cannot right click my taskbar icons. I can right click start, or the taskbar itself, but not the icons.I cannot perform system restore as there are no restore points before today when the error presented. I have tried restarts, restarting windows explorer,...
  3. Cannot right-click taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot right-click taskbar icons.: Hi,As per title, I cannot right click my taskbar icons. I can right click start, or the taskbar itself, but not the icons.I cannot perform system restore as there are no restore points before today when the error presented. I have tried restarts, restarting windows explorer,...
  4. Cannot right-click taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. windows security blocked svchost.exe accesses to protected holder...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security blocked svchost.exe accesses to protected holder...: windows security blocked svchost.exe accesses to protected holder \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy2. Is it caused by logicool setpoint? I installed setpoint 6.70.55, driver version 6.00.112 for my mouse. I think it is the only application cause the problem since there are 2...
  6. I have several chrome windows running and minimized, but when I click on the Chrome icon on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have several chrome windows running and minimized, but when I click on the Chrome icon on...: I used to be able to see the open windows by hovering over the chrome icon but that is no longer present. I am only able to get to open windows by hovering over the Task View icon on my task bar and clicking on that. I have checked to see that sticky keys aren't turned on. I...
  7. Cannot left click on taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot left click on taskbar icons.: Hello there, I am having an issue, and it has been going on for about 2 months now. I cannot left click on the taskbar icons that are located next to the clock (eg. Wi-Fi, Sound, Clock). And along with that, I cannot right click on any of my programs that I have added to...
  8. Google chrome icon on taskbar duplicates when clicked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google chrome icon on taskbar duplicates when clicked: Hi, I recently noticed that when I click on my chrome icon that is pinned to my taskbar, the chrome icon duplicates and the application opens in the duplicated icon. The original icon does nothing. I tried unpinning the original icon and pinning the new icon to the taskbar....
  9. Cannot Access Videos in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Access Videos in Chrome: I have signed into a website that has video content in modules. I was able to open one module, but none others. I have enabled Flash for the website, but continue to have the same problem, This applies to Chrome(preferred), Firefox, Opera and Safari. I have contacted the site...
  10. Cannot click other apps from taskbar when Chrome is open

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot click other apps from taskbar when Chrome is open: Hi, I'm having a really annoying problem since I updated to Windows 10. When Google Chrome is open and when thats the app I'm using, I can't click other open apps from my taskbar. Like for example if I have Word open as well, I can't switch to Word just by clicking on to...