Windows 10: Cannot access HTTPS sites through any device on my home network

Discus and support Cannot access HTTPS sites through any device on my home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having this problem and few more for about 2 months, asked my ISP, they renewed my IP and everything, they say it's not their problem. I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by emin231, Jan 27, 2017.

1. emin231 Win User

Cannot access HTTPS sites through any device on my home network

I'm having this problem and few more for about 2 months, asked my ISP, they renewed my IP and everything, they say it's not their problem. I cannot login to most of my social network accounts because it opens the site in http instead of https IMO, sometimes it works when I manually add https to the link. It started happening after my ISP gave me a new router, THOMSON. I tried to fix it by following many guides like reset this, reregister that etc. Also formated my HDD, still the same. When I open steam app on my phone it says that I'm not logged in, but when I connect to my friends wifi it's all okay. also when I open twitch app on my phone my router's US light starts blinking a lot, then I losevmy connection and have to restart my router. Asked my ISP to check into it, they said everything is fine by their side and that the router is okay, which I doubt. I did a hard reset on my router once, not long after I got it, could that be the issue, maybe I didn't configure it properly. I really don't know what to do, every tip is much appreciated.

:)

emin231, Jan 27, 2017

2. I cannot login on some websites.

Hello Jane, thank you for your reply.

I've been doing further troubleshooting since I wrote the post.

I discovered that my access from other devices connected to the same network is limited to access through apps, not through browsers. With this I mean that I cannot access to any of these sites through any of the browsers I have installed, bu I still have
    access to the sites for which I have an app. I did try with Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge with identical result. The log in pop up or log in page either doesn't open at all, or it does, but in both cases it reloads the guest page without granting me access
    to my accounts on those sites.

Also, out of curiosity I've tried to log in through mobile data and I could access without any problems, so the problem seems to be in my network config.

I hope this helps, but please, do not hesitate to request further info if there is any other data I can provide that could help.

Kind regards,

David

David Roibas P, Jan 27, 2017
  3. DavidES Win User
    Windows 10 PIN or Biometric login can't see home network devices

I've just reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop, during installation I selected work PC so it would connect to my company office 365. I can login with fingerprint, PIN or password. But if I use fingerprint or PIN the laptop cannot see any other devices on
    my home network, so I cannot access a local NAS. If I login with password I can see other devices and access the local NAS.

When connected to the home network it is a private network, and file and print sharing is enabled for private networks.

Why does fingerprint or PIN login prevent my laptop seeing other network devices on my local network?

Is there any way I can login with fingerprint or PIN and access local network resources?

DavidES, Jan 27, 2017
  4. Cannot access HTTPS sites through any device on my home network

Welcome to the TenForums @emin231

Could you tell us exactly what Thomson router you have?

Did your supplier give you a user name and password to connect to the Internet?

Caledon Ken, Jan 28, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    By hard reset, do you mean you pulled the power cord rather than merely turn the switch off or did you use a pointy thing to press the Reset button? Using the Reset should require setting the Router up again for such things as the password for the Router and the separate password for the Wireless. I just went through that with a client's D-Link Router yesterday.

Berton, Jan 28, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Does your ISP set a specific MTU this problem is often wrong MTU does everything thing else work OK?

Samuria, Jan 28, 2017
  7. I have a Thomson router here still for a few days. (I changed ISP so have to return the "borrowed" router soon) I can be of better help during the time before I have to send the thing back.

Please do a full reset once more by powering the device off, then pressing the hard reset button for at least 10s, 30s just to be on the safe side. Then power it up again and see if the problem still exists.

Report back once done these procedures.

slicendice, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot access HTTPS sites through any device on my home network

1. Cannot access HTTPS sites through any device on my home network - Similar Threads - Cannot access HTTPS

2. Cannot access any network shares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access any network shares: For some reason, and for some time now, my Windows 10 system cannot access any network share. This includes a WD MyCloud and a new Synology NAS. Other computers in my household can connect fine kids gaming PC, laptop and are prompted to sign in with a username and password,...
  3. Windows cannot access \\PCx - Home Networking

Windows cannot access \\PCx - Home Networking: Hi, I have 4 windows 10 on my Home Network. One PC PC-1 runs Home ver. 20H2 and the 3 other PCs PC-2; PC-3; PC-4 are running under Pro ver. 20H2. For a unknown reason PC-1 and PC-2 can view and share files on my Network. PC-3 and PC-4 can view and share files with PC-1 &...
  4. Cannot access other computers on my home network

Cannot access other computers on my home network: This is driving me nuts. We have 9 Windows 10 computers in our home all connected to the same network. All of our computers except just one can see and access all the other computers on our home network. I've tried everything I can think of. I recently changed all the...
  5. cannot access new computer on home network

cannot access new computer on home network: I have a home LAN with three Windows 10 PCs that are sharing files & folders among themselves with no problem - I just click their PC name under Network in File Explorer. Problem is, I just set up a new Win 10 PC but when I click on that new PC's name under Network in File...
  6. Cannot access any secure sites with my mobile hotspot

Cannot access any secure sites with my mobile hotspot: I don't know what happened suddenly, my WiFi stopped working and I was unable to visit any secured sites. I tried to connect to other WiFi and it worked and I was able to visit secured websites! I tried pinging Google and results were good(got the output). I had recently...
  7. Cannot get access to the computers on Home network

Cannot get access to the computers on Home network: I haven’t been able to get access to other computers on my home wifi network since the last Windows 10 update. I receive an error message: you do not have permission to access (a particular computer). Contact administrator to request access. Any help is appreciated Windows...
  8. Home Networking – Windows cannot access \\Laptop

Home Networking – Windows cannot access \\Laptop: Hi, For several reasons I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my Laptop and I can no longer access my Laptop from any other PCs on my home network. This feature was working well before I reinstalled Windows. When I open File Explorer and click from another PC on any of the PCs...
  9. cannot access web site

cannot access web site: When I try to access my bank, I am given this message: sua/devicetag/error? This began to happen after I had cleared history and cache. It only happens with firefox. There is no problem with chrome. Is there a solution?...
  10. Cannot access any Microsoft site + Windows store is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access any Microsoft site + Windows store is broken: So I decided to give Sea of thieves a go and try to download it, went on windows store and purchased 3 months of Xbox game pass, then when i went to download the game after i hit install nothing happened. Tried over and over again for about an hour with no luck. So then I...