Windows 10: Cannot access internet via Wifi

Discus and support Cannot access internet via Wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Split from this thread. An automatic Microsoft update to Windows 10 disabled my WiFi switch so all WiFi on my lap top does not work. I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Teflonaf, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Teflonaf Win User

Cannot access internet via Wifi

Split from this thread.​

An automatic Microsoft update to Windows 10 disabled my WiFi switch so all WiFi on my lap top does not work. I could connect to the internet using a hard wire.

Microsoft Tech Support (Windows) is in the process of trying to fix this but with no success after two level 1, two level 2, one level 3 and counting. This has now gone on for 10 days. I also went to a physical Microsoft Store and after 1.5 hours there was no success.

During this process the computer was reset and all my apps were lost. Unfortunately I do not know what email program I was using before to get my mail on both my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** or *** Email address is removed for privacy *** accounts. I have been saving my email from these accounts on my desk top or other files as eml documents.

The last 2 level tech managed to completely disable the computer so all I saw was black screen. Luckily, after multiple hours of work the 3 level tach was able to get the computer to work by removing Windows 10 and reinstalling Windows 10. At this point we are in a 5 day holding period waited for the next time he calls me. [ As an aside the original WiFi problem still exists. ]

The level 3 tech said I could reinstall some apps and get my email going. I reinstalled Office and then tried to add my earthlink account. I was asked for my Microsoft password which I supplied and then was asked for a code to be delivered by text to my phone number. [ To insure I was not a spammer.] The problem is that I do not have a cell phone that can receive texts. If there is a phone number in my Microsoft account it is my land line.

This is where I am at this point. I have tried to call Microsoft and my impression is that the folks I spoke with could not grasp the concept of someone NOT having a smart phone. The 4th person I spoke with got the concept but could not tell me how to get around this and add my earthlink account.

:)

Teflonaf, Dec 5, 2018
  2. aleisha11 Win User

Lumia 610 connecting to wifi but no internet access

You can try these troubleshooting steps:

1. Move closer to a WLAN access point to get better WLAN signal.

2. Check that you do not have MAC (Media Access Control) address
    filtering on in the access point settings. If your WLAN network uses MAC address filtering for security. You will need to know the MAC address for your phone, and then add it to the access list for the network before you can connect. To find
    the MAC address for your phone, do the following:

• Press Start, then swipe left to the App list.
      • Select Settings > About > More info.
      • If there are many WLAN access points nearby, try to use a different wireless
        channel in your WLAN access point.
    3. If you are using a public WLAN access point, it is possible that all
    IP addresses
    are in use. Try to create a connection again later.

4. On your Lumia phone, delete non functioning WLAN access point (internet connection) and connect it again:

aleisha11, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Public Wifi connected, no internet access

Hi Sam,

As you are unable to access the public Wi-Fi on your laptop, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Were you able to connect to any other Wi-Fi connection from your laptop?

This issue might have occurred due to network adapter driver issues and network services. Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if the Airplane mode is turned on. If so turn it off and check.

• Press Windows key, click on
      Settings
      from the left pane.

• Click on Network & Internet.

• Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to check if
    Network Adapter is enabled in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right click on adapter driver, click on Properties.

• Click on Driver tab and Enable the driver.

Step 3: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.

• In the left pane, click on View all.

• Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.

• Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Try the troubleshooting steps and get back to us with an updated status of accessing the public Wi-Fi for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Cannot access internet via Wifi

Wifi but no internet access

Ran the steps in A.

I have a Laptop sitting beside my Desktop (which is having the connection issues) - Laptop running fine

I set up a Hotspot with my Android phone and the same condition exists - WiFi connect, but No Internet Access....so believe its is a condition isolated to the computer, possibly the hardware.

toddradner, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot access internet via Wifi

1. Cannot access internet via Wifi - Similar Threads - Cannot access internet

2. Access internet via proxy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access internet via proxy: I am trying to upgrade a old windows program oracle sql developer run on windows server 2016 , as you can see in jpg , when clicking checking update , it asks to setup the http proxy , I am wonder that this server is no need to connect internet via proxy , it can access...
  3. Access internet via proxy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access internet via proxy: I am trying to upgrade a old windows program oracle sql developer run on windows server 2016 , as you can see in jpg , when clicking checking update , it asks to setup the http proxy , I am wonder that this server is no need to connect internet via proxy , it can access...
  4. Wifi and mobile hotspot are frozen, cannot access internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and mobile hotspot are frozen, cannot access internet: The problem started yesterday and its giving me a headache. The wifi is constantly on even if I manually switch it off, it switches itself back on.Even if I put on airplane mode, wifi stays on. No discovered networks.Mobile hotspot is off and I cannot switch it back on, even...
  5. Wifi and mobile hotspot are frozen, cannot access internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and mobile hotspot are frozen, cannot access internet: The problem started yesterday and its giving me a headache. The wifi is constantly on even if I manually switch it off, it switches itself back on.Even if I put on airplane mode, wifi stays on. No discovered networks.Mobile hotspot is off and I cannot switch it back on, even...
  6. Wifi and mobile hotspot are frozen, cannot access internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. No internet access via Wifi

No internet access via Wifi: Hello.In a couple laptops running under Windows 10 20H2 have the same network issue.One if the laptop have latest updates, one only till July 2021.The problem is, when laptops is connected to the Wifi network was tested a lot of networks I can ping IP address 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8...
  8. Suddenly no access to Internet via Wifi, except for certain sites

Suddenly no access to Internet via Wifi, except for certain sites: Without me changing anything, suddenly I can just access certain sites via Wifi, for example google, youtube, wikipedia or this website. Also, it is not possible for me to use a VPN anymore (Cyberghost) which has warked perfectly fine just a few days ago too (and for some...
  9. Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI: I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed...
  10. my computers cannot connect to the internet via cable only via WiFi

my computers cannot connect to the internet via cable only via WiFi: my problem is i can connect to my network also internet via WiFi but i get drop out . but not via cable the router IP is 192.168.0.3 my server 2012 ip 198.168.0.10 we have 16 port switch trying to connect to server with cable also get internet . Could the windows server be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connected no internet earthlink