Windows 10: cannot access Internet when the firewall is on

Discus and support cannot access Internet when the firewall is on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When the firewall is on I cannot get access to the Internet. I received a message that “internet connection is blocked”. It started after update to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Eddie Poe1, Mar 11, 2019.

1. cannot access Internet when the firewall is on

When the firewall is on I cannot get access to the Internet. I received a message that “internet connection is blocked”. It started after update to the current Windows version (1809 Build 17763.292). What can I do to allow the Internet when the firewall is on?

:)

Eddie Poe1, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Restraint trafic and applications to access internet with Firewall when connected with Dial Up SAT connexion

Hi,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to block apps and programs from accessing network connection through Windows Firewall:

• Open Control Panel and click System and Security.
    • On the Windows Firewall page, select Allow a program through Windows Firewall.
    • Uncheck the box to the left of the application names to disallow them from accessing network connection.
    • If other programs are not listed, just click Allow another program/app button to add them.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Steeboo Win User
    Windows Firewall - how to allow access

I believe that my firewall is blocking access to Family Tree Maker / Ancestry / MacKiev SYNC - I can't see any reference to any of these names in the allowed list ....

I can't see any way of adding to the allowed list

Any suggestions ?

Steeboo, Mar 11, 2019
  4. cannot access Internet when the firewall is on

SujataMoktan, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

cannot access Internet when the firewall is on

1. cannot access Internet when the firewall is on - Similar Threads - cannot access Internet

2. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  3. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  4. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Firewall disabling internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall disabling internet access: After updating windows 11 My internet browserschrome and edge can’t connect to the internet. I have checked that they are allowed through the firewallremoved them and put them back in reset chrome and firewall settings and still no luck. It only works as soon as I disable...
  6. Firewall disabling internet access

Firewall disabling internet access: After updating windows 11 My internet browserschrome and edge can’t connect to the internet. I have checked that they are allowed through the firewallremoved them and put them back in reset chrome and firewall settings and still no luck. It only works as soon as I disable...
  7. Cannot access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access to the internet: Hi There I have got Sony vaio laptop/internet explorer xp and I have recoveried it recently then after I cannot access to the internet: every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talktalk... ?!How can I fix the problem?...
  8. Cannot access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access to the internet: Hi There I have got Sony vaio laptop/internet explorer xp and I have recoveried it recently then after I cannot access to the internet: every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talktalk...... ???!!!How can I fix the...
  9. Cannot access to the internet

Cannot access to the internet: Hi There I have got Sony vaio laptop/internet explorer xp and I have recoveried it recently then after I cannot access to the internet: every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talktalk...... ???!!!How can I fix the...
  10. Windows 10 firewall? No internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 firewall? No internet access: Hiya, I'm wondering what settings I have to add to the windows firewall to have internet access. I have block incoming and outgoing connections except by a rule on, and port 80 with any program in outgoing and incoming. Just port 80 in outgoing & incoming does not allow...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot access internet firewall

2. cannot access internet with firewall on