Windows 10: Cannot access jump drive

Discus and support Cannot access jump drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When attempting to access a jump drive containing music from Windows 7 system I get the message "You don't currently have permission to access this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by phyonixx01, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Cannot access jump drive

When attempting to access a jump drive containing music from Windows 7 system I get the message "You don't currently have permission to access this folder. Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder." When I click "Continue" it gets me to Properties but I cannot then find the proper settings for accessing this drive, labeled F:\

Please help with opening this drive. Thanks in advance.

:)

phyonixx01, Mar 5, 2019

2. USB jump drive won't work in windows 10 professional; says disk is write protected; jump drive was formatted exFAT prior

Hello Martha,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if similar issue persists on connecting other jump drives on the computer?
    • Did you make any other changes apart from formatting the jump drive to
      exFat
      format prior to the issue?

You might be facing the above issue due to the Read only option selected on the jump drive connected to the PC.

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting other USB drives on the PC. If the issue does not persist, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Connect the jump drive to the computer and open File explorer by pressing
      Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on This PC from the left side panel of the window and right click on the jump drive shown under
      Disks & Drives.
    • Select Properties from the context menu and uncheck
      Read only
      if marked.
    • Click on Yes when the option saying Apply changes to subfolders and files writing to this folder pops.
    • Click on Apply and OK on the same window.
    • Close the window, check if the changes are effective by unplugging and re-plugging the jump drive on the computer.

If the issue persists, is suggest you to contact the jump drive manufacturer’s support for further assistance.

Write to us with answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Cannot access jump drive

cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Cannot access jump drive

1. Cannot access jump drive - Similar Threads - Cannot access jump

2. Cannot access network drive - IP is not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access network drive - IP is not accessible: Hi, I've been having an issue recently, that seemed to just have popped out of nowhere. I have 2 windows PCs, a main, and a secondary one which I'm using as a temporary quick network storage solution. I change my network settings to private, then turn on sharing in the...
  3. Cannot access network drive - IP is not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access network drive - IP is not accessible: Hi, I've been having an issue recently, that seemed to just have popped out of nowhere. I have 2 windows PCs, a main, and a secondary one which I'm using as a temporary quick network storage solution. I change my network settings to private, then turn on sharing in the...
  4. Jump Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jump Drive: I can not play a video that I had someone put on a jump drive my media player will not allow this to play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-drive/d0aa3a1f-39f9-4628-86d1-ae6a02f4d6df
  5. Jump Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump Drive: I can not play a video that I had someone put on a jump drive my media player will not allow this to play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-drive/d0aa3a1f-39f9-4628-86d1-ae6a02f4d6df
  6. Cannot access network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access network drive: I have a Surface Go with Windows 10. I have a HDD plugged into my router and have been able to access it through Windows Explorer with no problem. Now it will not appear in Windows Explorer. I can access it with an app on my phone so I know the drive is working. I have tried...
  7. I cannot access the information on my jump drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot access the information on my jump drives: Windows will not let me access the information on my jump drives. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-access-the-information-on-my-jump-drives/07fe44c6-7e33-4164-b8fa-c75397544ff2
  8. jump drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    jump drives: how do I open jump drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-drives/17752dcd-5bc2-4302-85a8-f1d37174c360"
  9. Cannot access USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot access USB drive: Hi Microsoft Community, I have a USB and I used it to store some important data there. After a few days, it was inaccessible and showed the following below regardless of what computer I used (including different OSses)[ATTACH][ATTACH] PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ANSWERING....
  10. MS access to jump drive on local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS access to jump drive on local account: If I am logged on a local account and add a jump drive, does Microsoft have the same 'privacy' access to that drive when I log off local account and then log onto a Microsoft account? In other words, once I log onto MS account, does Microsoft have the same access to data...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accessing a jump drive

2. access jump drive

3. how to access jumpdrive

4. windows cant access jump drive