Windows 10: cannot access Lacie NAS

Discus and support cannot access Lacie NAS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have a Lacie NAS and cant remember my login details to access it via the web portal is there a way I can acccess it locally via ethernet so I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bartjunited, Nov 28, 2020.

1. cannot access Lacie NAS

i have a Lacie NAS and cant remember my login details to access it via the web portal

is there a way I can acccess it locally via ethernet so I can access the files

I cant reset the device as I have photos which I want to keep on it

If I took the device out of the nas enclosure can i put it in a HDD caddy and access it?

TIA

:)

bartjunited, Nov 28, 2020

2. Network Attached Storage (NAS) recommendations

Thanks for the suggestions!

Currently, I have a 2TB LaCie, connected via USB 2.0. There is no USB 3.0 on this PC. I started to think about merely getting a USB 3.0 PCI card. But, thought, it might be best to invest in a reasonably priced NAS.

Maybe to keep cost down, I could get a single drive NAS, and also keep a copy of my data on the LaCie. Thus, use the NAS for accessing speed, and the LaCie merely as a backup. Hmm...

teecuptech, Nov 28, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    LaCie Updates NAS OS 3

LaCie today announced an update to its NAS OS 3 software, increasing RAID 5 write speeds by 25 percent, expanding hybrid cloud capabilities, and adding more professional features. NAS OS 3 powers the LaCie 5big NAS Pro and 2big NAS professional storage solutions. These improvements advance LaCie's commitment to providing its customers with innovative and user-friendly NAS.

With this update, the LaCie 5big NAS Pro now features RAID 5 write speeds up to 100MB/s on a single LAN, a 25 percent increase from the previous NAS OS version. This speed boost enables admins to easily back up several computers at the same time. Alternatively, content creators can edit 1080p content directly from the NAS.

cannot access Lacie NAS 2big_5big_NASOS3_thm.jpg

Hybrid Cloud Advancements
    In addition to letting users sync data between a computer and the cloud, NAS OS 3.1 now lets users sync data between a computer and the NAS. This ensures that all employees have the most current version of files on all their devices. Sync makes sure that an employee in sales, for example, will always have the most up-to-date price list and can pull marketing collateral from their phone or tablet during a sales pitch.

More Professional Features
    NAS OS 3 now features hardware monitoring that alerts the admin in real-time of potential issues with the fan, CPU and RAM. It also features SMART hard disk diagnostic tests and hardware status email alerts. These new capabilities let admins stay on top of data security and prevent downtime.
    LaCie has also added support for multiple iSCSI initiators and targets. This brings flexibility to a company's virtualization scheme, including those that integrate Citrix, VMware or Hyper-V servers. Admins can combine storage into data center arrays while letting host computers mount network storage as if it were direct-attached disks. They can even host multiple virtual machines using several iSCSI targets.

LaCie NAS Solutions for Professionals
    The LaCie 5big NAS Pro and 2big NAS, powered by NAS OS 3, offer fast and secure professional network storage. These solutions feature true hybrid cloud integration with network-attached and secure cloud storage in a single view, giving users anywhere and anytime access to files. With speed, reliability, usability, and backup for PC or Mac, these products are ideal for small business network storage needs. For additional information, visit www.lacie.com/NAS.

Availability
    The NAS OS 3 update (version 3.1) is available today for the 5big NAS Pro and will be available in August 2013 for the 2big NAS. The upgrade offers full compatibility with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, and Mac OS 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8. The upgrade can be downloaded at no cost by visiting the "Support" widget in the product's Dashboard.

btarunr, Nov 28, 2020
  4. cannot access Lacie NAS

LaCie 2big NAS Delivers 100 MB/s For Enhanced Business Productivity

Today LaCie announced a new 2-bay network-attached storage solution (NAS) that delivers the ideal combination of speed and security for small businesses - the LaCie 2big NAS, design by Neil Poulton. Powered by a 2 GHz processor and improved file system, the 2big NAS delivers speeds up to 100 MB/s, ensuring employees can share files from any PC, Mac, or Linux workstation.

"According to data from Research and Markets, network storage is growing in excess of 30% annually, increasing the demands placed on network storage devices," said Erwan Girard, Professional Business Unit Manager at LaCie. "The LaCie 2big NAS was developed to scale with the needs of SOHO users, delivering fast file sharing and data security, the two most critical factors for a small business."

cannot access Lacie NAS lacie_2big_nas_01_thm.jpg

cannot access Lacie NAS lacie_2big_nas_02_thm.jpg

cannot access Lacie NAS lacie_2big_nas_03_thm.jpg

cannot access Lacie NAS lacie_2big_nas_04_thm.jpg

Fast Collaboration
    In a data-dependant world, small offices can't afford delays in workflow. The 2big NAS supports non-stop data accessibility and collaboration thanks to its 2Ghz processor and LaCie NAS OS 2 software. It delivers enough storage capacity and bandwidth to back up multiple workstations, share large files and work on projects concurrently.

Formidable Data Security
    Because data multiplies by the second, office administrators and IT professionals must ensure all digital assets are backed up and secure. The LaCie 2big NAS offers multiple levels of security including RAID 1 for data mirroring. Coupled with its hot-swappable drives, a failed disk can be replaced with no interruption, no data loss and without needing to turn off the device.

The LaCie 2big NAS ensures a complete backup of any Linux, PC or Mac workstation. Choose from the popular Time Machine and Windows 7 Backup software, or the included LaCie backup software. Consistent automatic backup means users can restore lost files instantly.

What's more, LaCie's NAS OS 2 dashboard makes it easy for businesses to back up the 2big NAS automatically, for added data security and peace of mind. Wizards with presets make advanced tasks such as RAID management, users management and NAS-to-NAS backups easy. No IT degree required. With just a few clicks users can back up the 2big NAS onto a direct-attached external hard drive, or schedule a nightly backup onto a NAS in a different location.

Remote Accessibility
    Complementary to fast file sharing and data security is instant access to your data. The 2big NAS allows employees to access important files anywhere where there is an Internet connection. They can even download the free iOS app - LaCie MyNAS - to access files from an iPhone or iPad.

Energy Savings
    The LaCie 2big NAS saves businesses money by allowing full control of its energy usage. Users can schedule shutdown and restart during optimal business hours to boost efficiency. Plus, the LaCie 2big NAS is now ten times more energy efficient when in deep sleep mode. And, thanks to the wake-on-LAN protocol, users can access the 2big NAS from deep sleep without being next to the system.

Availability
    The LaCie 2big NAS is available in 0 TB (diskless) and 6 TB capacities through the LaCie Online Store, LaCie PROgram+ Partners and LaCie PROgram+ Resellers starting at $299.00. For more product information, visit www.lacie.com.

Cristian_25H, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

cannot access Lacie NAS

1. cannot access Lacie NAS - Similar Threads - cannot access Lacie

2. Can I repurpose LaCie Big5 HomeServer as NAS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I repurpose LaCie Big5 HomeServer as NAS?: I have been given a LaCie Big5 unit that has never been used. It is setup as a Windows Home Server unit. I do not have the disks/password that came with the unit and have no desire to use as a Windows Home Server since that technology was obsolescent about 10 years ago. I can...
  3. Can I repurpose LaCie Big5 HomeServer as NAS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I repurpose LaCie Big5 HomeServer as NAS?: I have been given a LaCie Big5 unit that has never been used. It is setup as a Windows Home Server unit. I do not have the disks/password that came with the unit and have no desire to use as a Windows Home Server since that technology was obsolescent about 10 years ago. I can...
  4. Cannot access NAS after resetting windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access NAS after resetting windows 10: Ok. Driving me mad. Linkstation attached via ethernet to network. Static IP 192.168.0.2 Can access via other devices on network. NAS software can 'see' the device and confirms the IP address. I can access 192.168.0.2 through browser. Windows saw the device fine until I...
  5. Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP: I am running Windows 10 64 bit professional and using Firefox as my web browser. Whenever I put in the IP address of either my BT Hub 2 router or my QNAP NAS all I keep getting is 'server not found' even though when I do the same on my mobile phone I can access them with no...
  6. Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access"

Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access": I tried to connect to my NAS by entering \\Wintermute into my File Explorer address bar and was prompted to enter my credentials. I then got this error. I get this error every time I try to connect to \\Wintermute, without being asked for my credentials. Can anyone advise...
  7. I cannot access a NAS as a guest user

I cannot access a NAS as a guest user: Hi I need to access a NAS as a guest user, it is possible to access the NAS on a computer with Linus but it is not possible when using Windows. When I try I get the network error 1208. From what I have read the functionality was disabled in windows because it was too...
  8. Cannot access files on Nas

Cannot access files on Nas: On 1803 (latest update) & 1809 I cannot access files on my nas or connect to my Nas web gui with jumbo frames enabled. This is happening on Intel & Realtek nic's. This had been working on all machines until the latest update Win10 Pro and Home. Disabling jumbo frames...
  9. Cannot access NAS from One User

Cannot access NAS from One User: Hello! Yesterday, I came back to my computer, only to find I cannot access my NAS. I went on another computer in my house, attached through LAN and it worked. I also went to another user on my computer and it worked, but on my user it did not. Naturally, I tested and...
  10. Cannot access a secured share on a NAS

Cannot access a secured share on a NAS: I have a NAS drive with both several unprotected folders and one protected folder. I have no trouble accessing the unprotected folders from Win10, but I cannot get access to the protected one. If I click on the secure folder from File Explorer I get the popup [img] I...