Windows 10: Cannot access local device via any browser

Discus and support Cannot access local device via any browser in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have multiple computers on my local home business workgroup. One machine is blocked from accessing any local devices like my NAS, router or printers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dan Johnson (dan), Aug 20, 2018.

1. Cannot access local device via any browser

I have multiple computers on my local home business workgroup. One machine is blocked from accessing any local devices like my NAS, router or printers via name or ip address. I have tried many solution including the latest of reinstalling windows. I can successfully ping or tracert by ip or name but not via browser.

:)

Dan Johnson (dan), Aug 20, 2018

2. Unable to access Local Disks (CCannot access local device via any browser :), (DCannot access local device via any browser :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Mike0409 Win User
    Mobile Browser Access to TPU

I've been having problem's accessing TPU with my Mobile browser on my storm...it won't authenticate login, and boot's me out. Does TPU have wap access or a link I am unaware of for Mobile devices?

Mike0409, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Cannot access local device via any browser

Remote access to my (local) server's folders

I am running a simple local fileserver. Windows based.

I would like to access (load, save, modify) what's on this server when I am away on business trips. Laptop -- internet -- router - server

What is the best way to do this? Setup WebDAV or ftp-server or something else? I would prefer direct access, ie. being able to load/save from an application rather than using ftp as a separate step.

Completely Bonkers, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Cannot access local device via any browser

1. Cannot access local device via any browser - Similar Threads - Cannot access local

2. Cannot access ticketmaster account on any device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access ticketmaster account on any device.: I don't have human super speed and have tried everything I can think of. It won't even let me sign inet me sign in, goes to the pardon the interruption screen rig...
  3. Cannot access ticketmaster account on any device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access ticketmaster account on any device.: I don't have human super speed and have tried everything I can think of. It won't even let me sign inet me sign in, goes to the pardon the interruption screen rig...
  4. Limited Access to WebSite via multiple browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limited Access to WebSite via multiple browsers: HI. Let me see if I can make this clear. I am working on a DELL PC, i using windows 11 -though the same problems existed with Windows 10. I need to open a site that asks for my email address and password. I can enter my email address, but when I click on the NEXT button to...
  5. Limited Access to WebSite via multiple browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Limited Access to WebSite via multiple browsers: HI. Let me see if I can make this clear. I am working on a DELL PC, i using windows 11 -though the same problems existed with Windows 10. I need to open a site that asks for my email address and password. I can enter my email address, but when I click on the NEXT button to...
  6. Cannot access the web interface of local devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access the web interface of local devices: Hello all, I have an interesting issue which I hope I can get help with. I'm running Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.535. When my network profile is set to 'Private' I am unable to access the web interface of any of my local devices such as my router or NAS but I can ping them...
  7. Cannot access Win10 machine via local network

Cannot access Win10 machine via local network: I am 'birthing' my first Win10 machine, OS V1809, and must have goofed something up... All machines in my home belong to the same Workgroup and the users/passwords are consistent across all machines. From my Win7 desktop, I: Can access my Win10 machine, via Explorer, using...
  8. Cannot download files via any interner browsers

Cannot download files via any interner browsers: Hi, I am having issues downloading any exe and zip files (probably more file types) from any internet browsers (Edge, Firefox and chrome). When I click 'download', nothing happens at all. I have tried many ways but they simply don't work. Regards, Song...
  9. Cannot access Microsoft update catalog from any browsers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot access Microsoft update catalog from any browsers: It just started on October 24, I went to support microsoft.com page to download (KB4462933), When I clicked Microsoft update catalog link, it gave me a download file 4462933.csv (you can see the picture). [img] It is the same to all other browsers: Firefox, Tor, Internet...
  10. Cannot Access OneDrive via the browser -- getting blank screen

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Access OneDrive via the browser -- getting blank screen: When I try to access OneDrive via the browser, after I login I get a blank white screen. This happens with both Firefox 60 and IE11. Any ideas why and how to fix this? Thanks. 110963