Windows 10: Cannot access local user from windows 10 computer.

Discus and support Cannot access local user from windows 10 computer. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have recently attempted to created a local user on my computer and switch from my online Microsoft account. I made a password for the user, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IsaacFerrari, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Cannot access local user from windows 10 computer.

I have recently attempted to created a local user on my computer and switch from my online Microsoft account.

I made a password for the user, but I am unable to access said password. I can't do anything from safe mode since I need the password from that specific account in order to do anything at all.

I have signed into this computer with a password multiple times before this without the user account and I have also signed into it with my online account. Can I sign back into this computer with those same methods or have I just lost everything on it and need to reset it/need to do something else with it?

I don't have a usb recovery of any form. And I am not getting any security questions, its just going straight to asking for a usb.

I would appreciate any help that anyone can give me. I am very afraid of losing this computer.

Thank you.

:)

IsaacFerrari, Apr 9, 2021

2. Unable to access Local Disks (CCannot access local user from windows 10 computer. :), (DCannot access local user from windows 10 computer. :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Cannot access local user from windows 10 computer.

Windows 10 Add New Local User Fails with "Something went wrong" message

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• Did you use the same Microsoft account to setup user account on this computer?
    I would suggest you to create a new local user account using the below steps

Steps:

• From the desktop press Windows flag key + R

• And type netplwiz and click ok.
    This will open user account window click add and follow the onscreen instruction to create a new local account.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Arul_D, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Cannot access local user from windows 10 computer.

1. Cannot access local user from windows 10 computer. - Similar Threads - Cannot access local

2. Local user cannot access files in Window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user cannot access files in Window 11: New Laptop Dell Inspiron 16 Windows 11. Migrated all data from old to new laptop. Created Admin account and two 2 local user accounts. Admin acct and 1 of the local users can see all files. The other local user cannot! Have gone into File Explorer to select view all hidden...
  3. Local user cannot access files in Window 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local user cannot access files in Window 11: New Laptop Dell Inspiron 16 Windows 11. Migrated all data from old to new laptop. Created Admin account and two 2 local user accounts. Admin acct and 1 of the local users can see all files. The other local user cannot! Have gone into File Explorer to select view all hidden...
  4. Cannot access local account user folder except through "Desktop"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access local account user folder except through "Desktop"?: Dear Microsoft Representatives, I have had my Windows 10 HP Envy for less than a year. When I initially set up my computer, I accidentally made a Microsoft account I've always preferred local accounts. No problem, I then made a local account with Admin privileges. The...
  5. Cannot access User Profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access User Profile in Windows 10: I have been suffering from a problem for like eons and unfortunately, the microsoft team was not able to help at all. Ever since the upgrade of windows 10 to build 1803, there has been a problem where I cannot access my User Profile folder. Normally you don't notice it...
  6. Cannot access other computers in my local network

Cannot access other computers in my local network: Our home network computers have windows 10. Problem is I cannot access to the network computer. Error code: 0x80070035 This error has happened since two days ago. I can access the network computer thru IP address. But I cannot access thru the computer name in the file...
  7. After Win 10 upgrade cannot access a local user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    After Win 10 upgrade cannot access a local user account: After installing Win 10 and creating Microsoft accounts for both my wife and I it is possible to access both as well as my previous laocal account, but my wife's has disappeared. It still exists by searching the files but I cannot get to it. I have also lost access to the...
  8. Limit Local User Access (10 Home)

Limit Local User Access (10 Home): How can limit the ability of a local user (non-Admin) to access drives and files on a pubic computer? 60343
  9. Local access user login

Local access user login: I have several HP home computers that I am setting up local account users for. I have 7 kids so 9 of us in the family. I have created local user accounts with no email(kids). Some of them work and some I get profile service service failed can not load profile. I have...
  10. Cannot access NAS from One User

Cannot access NAS from One User: Hello! Yesterday, I came back to my computer, only to find I cannot access my NAS. I went on another computer in my house, attached through LAN and it worked. I also went to another user on my computer and it worked, but on my user it did not. Naturally, I tested and...