Windows 10: Cannot access localnet, public authoritative name server. Can access internet, Google...

Discus and support Cannot access localnet, public authoritative name server. Can access internet, Google... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Windows 10 Home v1909 cannot access any other machine on the localnet except the default gateway server. I can PING all IP's local to the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kwaywhite, Feb 28, 2020.

1. kwaywhite Win User

Cannot access localnet, public authoritative name server. Can access internet, Google...

My Windows 10 Home v1909 cannot access any other machine on the localnet except the default gateway server.

I can PING all IP's local to the Windows PC.

I can PING the default gateway

I can PING the Windows PC from the default gateway server.

I cannot PING the Windows PC from any other machine on the localnet.

I cannot ping anything beyond the default gateway modem, External WiFi device, or internet from the Windows PC

I CAN use the browser to access the web. ???

nslookup would not access my authoritative public nameserver.

nslookup would access google's nameserver

nslookup would access one.one.one.one's public nameserver.

All other machines not running windows have no problem doing any of these things.

I have turned off the firewall.

I have turned off password protected access.

I have reset/renewed networking. using both windows wizards and command line

I have preferred ipv4 first then, I have disabled ipv6

Without making any changes, I have performed lookups using my public nameserver alternating between other machines on my net and this PC. This PC's connection to my public nameserver would time out when my other computer's lookups would not. Then, the windows machine started accessing my public nameserver without a problem. ???? The windows machine would not access the secondary nameserver on the localnet served by the DHCP server. It will access the primary name server on the default gateway server without a problem.

I started up another Windows 10 PC, opened up the command prompt in admin mode and was able to ping the first Windows PC and other machines on the localnet and received reply's without a problem. I went back to the first PC and received the same behavior. After five minutes of sitting idle, I re-pinged the first PC with the second and the pings timed out. Now the second PC is showing the same behavior as the first by just sitting there idle.

Any ideas or conspiracy theories? - Just kidding on the conspiracy theories.

On a simple network, this behavior would not present a problem. That is not my situation here.

:)

kwaywhite, Feb 28, 2020
  2. Pinchy Win User

Cannot access server 2003

The problem I am having is that no computer can access the server (with MS windows server 2003 installed) yet it can access all other computers.

By not being able to access it I mean that it cannot be pinged in command prompt. The funny part is, the server DOES come up in "Network" but when I go to double click it it comes up with the usual: "Windows cannot access *name*. Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there may be a problem with your network. To try and resolve....press Diagnose"

I have tried to connect via IP address with no results.

The server is running NO firewalls (not even Windows firewall, as it wouldnt even start). It can connect to the network (other computers) or internet with no problems at all.

Also, I have removed DNS/DHCP. The only two "servers" I have running are remote access and Print server.

Pinchy, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Laurijan Win User
    Restrict access to Windows programs name?

Hi!

A year ago i had to set up an public internet PC and i installed a program from Microsoft but now that i have to install another public PC i have forgotten the programs name.. any idea which program from Microsoft restricts unnessasary access to Windows?

Lauri

Laurijan, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Cannot access localnet, public authoritative name server. Can access internet, Google...

Unable to connect to Google servers

There are cases that web content are blocked due to proxy server settings. We suggest that you remove the check mark on the the proxy server box, follow the steps below:

• Type Internet Options in the Ask me anything bar.
    • Click on Connections tab.
    • Click on LAN settings.
    • Remove check in Proxy server box.
    Once done, access your Google apps and check if issue persist.

Send your post to keep us updated on how the steps goes.

Darwin Dim, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Cannot access localnet, public authoritative name server. Can access internet, Google...

1. Cannot access localnet, public authoritative name server. Can access internet, Google... - Similar Threads - Cannot access localnet

2. Hi , I can not access internet from a public wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi , I can not access internet from a public wifi: So I used to go to library everyday and i was able to connect to public wifi and able to access the internet after doing the login page but from yesterday i can not access the internet even if I am connected to the wifi and had already completed the login page the pop-up...
  3. Hi , I can not access internet from a public wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi , I can not access internet from a public wifi: So I used to go to library everyday and i was able to connect to public wifi and able to access the internet after doing the login page but from yesterday i can not access the internet even if I am connected to the wifi and had already completed the login page the pop-up...
  4. Cannot access to the internet

Cannot access to the internet: Hi There I have got Sony vaio laptop/internet explorer xp and I have recoveried it recently then after I cannot access to the internet:every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talktalk... ??!!How can I fix the problem?...
  5. Cannot access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access to the internet: Hi There I have got Sony vaio laptop/internet explorer xp and I have recoveried it recently then after I cannot access to the internet: every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talktalk... ?!How can I fix the problem?...
  6. Cannot access to the internet

Cannot access to the internet: Hi There I have got Sony vaio laptop/internet explorer xp and I have recoveried it recently then after I cannot access to the internet: every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talktalk... ?!How can I fix the problem?...
  7. Cannot access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access to the internet: Hi There I have got Sony vaio laptop/internet explorer xp and I have recoveried it recently then after I cannot access to the internet: every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talktalk...... ???!!!How can I fix the...
  8. Cannot access to the internet

Cannot access to the internet: Hi There I have got Sony vaio laptop/internet explorer xp and I have recoveried it recently then after I cannot access to the internet: every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talktalk...... ???!!!How can I fix the...
  9. Server network cannot access with name but accessible with ip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Server network cannot access with name but accessible with ip: I have a Server and a few windows 10 computers in my office. Usually i can access the server network from all computers by typing \\"servername". I restarted the server today morning and after that two of my windows 10 computers dont connect to server when I type...
  10. No internet access using Google

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet access using Google: I usually use Yahoo to surf the net and it is OK. But if I try to use Google, I receive a message that I don’t have internet access. How can I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-access-using-google/d6c4bb64-8c16-4857-bc44-4ad356c05cbc