Windows 10: Cannot access Manage Settings in Virus & Threats menu.

Discus and support Cannot access Manage Settings in Virus & Threats menu. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to make an exception for a folder I'm downloading but I cannot find the Manage Settings menu. Can anybody tell me where it is and why did... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Marek Buiso, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Cannot access Manage Settings in Virus & Threats menu.

I am trying to make an exception for a folder I'm downloading but I cannot find the Manage Settings menu. Can anybody tell me where it is and why did is just vanish?

:)

Marek Buiso, Oct 10, 2020

2. Windows Security Virus & Threat Protection Settings "managed by your administrator"

Hi Nikhar,

Thank you so much for replying. I followed your steps but this hasn't solved the problem - still no virus and threat protection. The registry value was 3, and I changed it to 2 as you suggested. Should I change it back?

Any other suggestions?

Thank you again

AlanNeedsHelp, Oct 10, 2020
  3. virus & threat protection settings this setting is managed by your administrator

virus & threat protection settings this setting is managed by your administrator

DatoSuladze, Oct 10, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Cannot access Manage Settings in Virus & Threats menu.

Virus threat protection

Hi Valentin

As an alternative approach, you can allow that utility through the Controlled Folder Access section of WIndows 10 security . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add Dell Data Vault to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent it from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Cannot access Manage Settings in Virus & Threats menu.

1. Cannot access Manage Settings in Virus & Threats menu. - Similar Threads - Cannot access Manage

2. Cannot Access Virus and Threat Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Access Virus and Threat Protection: I cannot access my Virus and Threat Protection in my settings, it give me a prompt that says "Your IT Administrator has limited access...". My Device Security has a warning sign and I cannot click dismiss nor Go to settings. It has also a prompt message: Page not available....
  3. Cannot Access Virus and Threat Protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Access Virus and Threat Protection: I cannot access my Virus and Threat Protection in my settings, it give me a prompt that says "Your IT Administrator has limited access...". My Device Security has a warning sign and I cannot click dismiss nor Go to settings. It has also a prompt message: Page not available....
  4. Cannot Access Virus and Threat Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Cannot enable Virus and Threat Settings.

Cannot enable Virus and Threat Settings.: I need to turn off virus and threat protection settings, but whenever I try to it says 'Page not available' I do not have a third party antivirusI think I might have downloaded something from the web that contained malware, but I deleted it all and then performed a computer...
  6. Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings"

Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings": "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information".I've tried to run the gpedit.msc too but I get the error message "Windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'. Make sure...
  7. Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings": "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information".I've tried to run the gpedit.msc too but I get the error message "Windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'. Make sure...
  8. Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings"

9. Cannot access Manage Settings in Virus & Threats menu to make exclusions for windows defender

Cannot access Manage Settings in Virus & Threats menu to make exclusions for windows defender: what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cannot-access-manage-settings-in-virus-threats/1bc9785c-fc8d-495e-8b25-77888f2692a1
  10. Manage settings on Virus and threat protection

Manage settings on Virus and threat protection: Hello,When I click on manage settings in virus and threat protection, this comes up:Is there any way that I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/manage-settings-on-virus-and-threat-protection/d10375f3-5d1b-451f-9989-c3ebebdd1388