Windows 10: Cannot access my Admin account after a password change

Discus and support Cannot access my Admin account after a password change in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I reset my Admin account password, while we were traveling, and when I tried to login with what I thought the new one was, it won't let me in. I've... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DSGriffinBVS, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Cannot access my Admin account after a password change

I reset my Admin account password, while we were traveling, and when I tried to login with what I thought the new one was, it won't let me in. I've tried various versions with no success. When I tried to do the password reset, it asked for a USB drive. I installed one only to find out it wants one the should have been created when I first created the account. I don't ever remember having to do that ,plus, when I changed the password, it never asked me to update that flash drive. So now I'm stuck and cannot access my computer. Will a deep, clean Reset help me and if so will all the data/files for that account still be there? Or is there an easier way to access my account? Thank you for any help you can provide.

:)

DSGriffinBVS, Mar 30, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 30, 2019
  3. freeboy Win User
    admin password?

ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

freeboy, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Cannot access my Admin account after a password change

Forgot admin password

Hi,

Thank you for posing your response.

As you are in a state were your account is completely inaccessible, I suggest that you try to access in build admin account and check if you are able to access the desktop.

To access the in built administrator account follow the steps below

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• As you are stuck min Safe Mode, in the sign-in
      screen, press and hold shift key and click on the
      power icon.
      Here click on Restart and then Restart now.
    • Type: net user administrator /active:yes (To enable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).
    • Then press ENTER.

Step 2: From Built-in Administrator account give Administrator rights to your user account:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Control Panel.
    • Click on User account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Click on your user account.
    • Click on reset the password.
    • Restart the computer and check if you are able to login.

Note: Once done exist the build in admin account by typing the command
    net user administrator /active:no

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

Cannot access my Admin account after a password change

1. Cannot access my Admin account after a password change - Similar Threads - Cannot access Admin

2. Cannot acces admin Account, Password could not be accessed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot acces admin Account, Password could not be accessed: What I did:On my normal everyday admin Account, I wanted to exchange cloned drives with theyre Letters, so Programms would automatically would use the cloned one. I opened msconfig and enable safe modeRestartAfter the restart, I could not sign in to my Main admin Account...
  3. Cannot acces admin Account, Password could not be accessed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot acces admin Account, Password could not be accessed: What I did:On my normal everyday admin Account, I wanted to exchange cloned drives with theyre Letters, so Programms would automatically would use the cloned one. I opened msconfig and enable safe modeRestartAfter the restart, I could not sign in to my Main admin Account...
  4. Cannot create a password with my admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot create a password with my admin account: I was trying to add a passwod to my account on windows 10 but it needs to be done with an admin account even though i only have one account and is labeled as administrator.thanks in advance fo the help....
  5. Cannot create a password with my admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create a password with my admin account: I was trying to add a passwod to my account on windows 10 but it needs to be done with an admin account even though i only have one account and is labeled as administrator.thanks in advance fo the help....
  6. Cannot create a password with my admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Lost my admin account password and cannot get in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my admin account password and cannot get in: I have lost my password to my admin account and i cannot log in. I have looked for weeks and tried many different methods but none of them have worked and they all requested admin permission. I remember myself doing back up questions but it does not appear. The only reset...
  8. Change admin account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change admin account password: I am running WIN10 build 18362. I have the admin PW (not my MS account PW) so can login. I wish to change the admin PW. There are no other accounts on the machine. How can I make the change?...
  9. Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.: Hello!! I have had this issues for a while now and its really starting to grate on me, I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing works. Basically, I somehow lost admin privileges on my account, every time I try and do something that needs an admin and the box comes up that says...
  10. No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account: Hello All, I'm delighted to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please!*cry I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help*Smile Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which...