Windows 10: Cannot access my admin account in Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot access my admin account in Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; M brother account the only one available on my PC now that is shown is a standard user account. So running netplwiz or going into Change account type... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Muhammad Irfan_147, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Cannot access my admin account in Windows 10

M brother account the only one available on my PC now that is shown is a standard user account. So running netplwiz or going into Change account type settings from the control panel takes me to the same dead end. I just get the Pop up asking me to log in with an administrator password and tick YES.The problem is there is no log in password box in the POP up and the YES key is greyed out.It seems that the windows security system has totally locked me out from my computer now.I have seen other posts with folk having similar problems.So to reiterate.I have no admin accounts available in

:)

Muhammad Irfan_147, Dec 17, 2021

2. Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 17, 2021
  3. kimmetta Win User
    Can't Access Admin Account

Just installed Windows 10. Followed steps to remove the need to log in with a password. Now can't access admin account. Please help!

kimmetta, Dec 17, 2021
  4. Cannot access my admin account in Windows 10

Hidden Admin Account Infected - Help

Somehow my windows 7 hidden admin account got infected. I cannot open regedit, task manager or any virus program.. in fact.. most programs wont work.. but my regular everyday account is fine.

The problem is this: I have been infected in my regular account before.. and running virus tools from my hidden admin account fixes them.. but I cannot do the reverse now because my regular account doesn't have access to my admin account.

I know what the virus is.. its a rouge antivirus.. it mostly annoying.. Programs do open up for a split second before this rouge antivirus program closes it again and then lies and gives me a message that says, " Cannot open this program, the program is infected" LOL

Its putting a lot of adware on my system but not crippling it.. but only in the admin account.

What are your ideas?

John Phoenix, Dec 17, 2021
Thema:

Cannot access my admin account in Windows 10

1. Cannot access my admin account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot access admin

2. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  3. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  4. Cannot access Admin account on Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access Admin account on Win 11: Hi, I set up my home surface on Win 11 with an admin email account that was a gmail account. However I have subsequently migrated this gmail email account to a MS small business office 365 account. The result is when I try to access the admin account on my home Win 11 machine...
  5. Cannot access Admin account on Win 11

Cannot access Admin account on Win 11: Hi, I set up my home surface on Win 11 with an admin email account that was a gmail account. However I have subsequently migrated this gmail email account to a MS small business office 365 account. The result is when I try to access the admin account on my home Win 11 machine...
  6. Cannot access my admin account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access my admin account in Windows 10: M brother account the only one available on my PC now that is shown is a standard user account. So running netplwiz or going into Change account type settings from the control panel takes me to the same dead end. I just get the Pop up asking me to log in with an administrator...
  7. Cannot access my admin account in Windows 10

Cannot access my admin account in Windows 10: M brother account the only one available on my PC now that is shown is a standard user account. So running netplwiz or going into Change account type settings from the control panel takes me to the same dead end. I just get the Pop up asking me to log in with an administrator...
  8. No Admin access and cannot switch user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No Admin access and cannot switch user account: I need help please! My laptop has 2 very big problems first I can't switch users and second I don't have Admin rights even though I have admin password. Anything that requires admin access can no longer do. what should I do? I am on Windows 10 Home and this started about 2...
  9. Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.: Hello!! I have had this issues for a while now and its really starting to grate on me, I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing works. Basically, I somehow lost admin privileges on my account, every time I try and do something that needs an admin and the box comes up that says...
  10. No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account: Hello All, I'm delighted to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please!*cry I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help*Smile Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which...