Windows 10: cannot access my games!!!

Discus and support cannot access my games!!! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [IMG]My PC is telling me that i dont have the appropriate permissions to access the game. i followed all articles and still nothing i even uninstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChristopherLasalle, Jun 12, 2019.

1. cannot access my games!!!

cannot access my games!!! [​IMG]My PC is telling me that i dont have the appropriate permissions to access the game. i followed all articles and still nothing i even uninstalled and reinstalled and the games missing an icon have crashed please help

:)

ChristopherLasalle, Jun 12, 2019

2. System restarts while accessing games from Steam on Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the games using Steam on Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates and driver updates on your device?
    • Have you checked with the game compatibility and system requirements to access the games?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest to check with the system requirements to play the game.

Step 1: As you have already installed Steam in compatibility on Windows 10, I suggest to install the games in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated gaming software from the manufacturer's website.
    • Right click the gaming software
      installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the game and check.

Step 2: Update Graphics Driver.

Download the latest drivers from manufacturer's website, try to install them manually and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Click on Browse my computer for driver software and click on
      Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 12, 2019
  3. MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

cannot access my games!!!

remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

cannot access my games!!!

1. cannot access my games!!! - Similar Threads - cannot access games

2. Cannot access my PC with my PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access my PC with my PIN.: Hello, Microsoft, I have a window 11 pc and my PIN is not working. I am locked out of my PC. I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-my-pc-with-my-pin/7f7c3fd2-9c7a-4cfb-84d0-2dcdb7d16bf7
  3. Cannot access my PC with my PIN.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access my PC with my PIN.: Hello, Microsoft, I have a window 11 pc and my PIN is not working. I am locked out of my PC. I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-my-pc-with-my-pin/7f7c3fd2-9c7a-4cfb-84d0-2dcdb7d16bf7
  4. Cannot access "Windows Apps" folder to the game files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access "Windows Apps" folder to the game files: i tried to access the windows apps folder where the games i downloaded from the Microsoft store is, and i go the prompt that says, "you currently don't have permission to access this folder" and it gives me the option to press continue to allow access. when I click it says,...
  5. Cannot access "Windows Apps" folder to the game files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access "Windows Apps" folder to the game files: i tried to access the windows apps folder where the games i downloaded from the Microsoft store is, and i go the prompt that says, "you currently don't have permission to access this folder" and it gives me the option to press continue to allow access. when I click it says,...
  6. cannot access purchased games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cannot access purchased games: games i purchased are not in my library and i cannot download them. microsoft support is a joke. so, what can i do aside from a refund? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-purchased-games/fe68f4a9-2509-40b3-baae-270961673fa3
  7. cannot access my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cannot access my PC: sorry for my English, let's start with how my computer was very laggy so I restarted it, after that I can't log on, when I push the power on button, there should be several seconds of startup screen before the password section but it just goes empty white/blue for a few...
  8. cannot access my microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot access my microsoft: Hi I cannot access my microsoft account logged in on temporary profile, logs in to account in safe mode with networking no problem, I am able to sign in to my microsoft account through outlook sorry the reply disapeared...
  9. Cannot access in application purchases of microsoft store games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access in application purchases of microsoft store games: Hallo, recently i had to re install windows 10 on my pc cause it crushed. Since then i cannot make any in application purchases in games i have downloaded from ms store. I did all windows and drivers updates i did ms store reset from cmd and re install i did re...
  10. Cannot access my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access my laptop: Hello I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 and I havent had access to it in almost 4 years because I had thought I lost it. The other day I found it and I had tried signing into it and I had problems. its on the windows 10 update ( the update is complete). The problems are: 1) I am...