Windows 10: Cannot access my wife's network computer

Discus and support Cannot access my wife's network computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer cannot find my wife's laptop on the network, even though they are the same make and model. One reason may be that her Microsoft username is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Razooli, May 29, 2020.

1. Razooli Win User

Cannot access my wife's network computer

My computer cannot find my wife's laptop on the network, even though they are the same make and model. One reason may be that her Microsoft username is in some places J.......@prodigy.net and others J......@proxdigy.net. Somehow this typo occurred and I have no clue how to correct it. It appears correctly in user accounts, but when I look at devices, her computer is not shown, but a media device under the J......@proxdigy.net does appear. Suggestions, anyone?

:)

Razooli, May 29, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, May 29, 2020
  3. rboppy Win User
    Can't access my computer

Thanks sml156 for your help.

I log in without my Microsoft account. File Explorer > Network, lists 3 computers, mine, my wife's and our Ubuntu that we use for backup. None of the listed computers has a shared folder that I can find, by clicking or right clicking.

My wife's computer lists 3 locations, clicking on my computer shows my HP Laserjet printer which is connected to the network.

When I click my computer there's a Share Tab, clicking that and everything is grayed, on my wife's there's several thing that aren't grayed.

rboppy, May 29, 2020
  4. Cannot access my wife's network computer

Unable to access network storage

Hi Pravin,

Network permission is one of the possible reasons why you can't access a drive within a network. To better assist you, we the answers to the following questions:

• Are you working with computers connected to a domain?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps below to troubleshoot Shared Folders in Windows 10:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshoot
      and select the first result.
    • Scroll down and click on Shared Folders.
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Cannot access my wife's network computer

1. Cannot access my wife's network computer - Similar Threads - Cannot access wife's

2. Computers on network cannot be accessed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computers on network cannot be accessed: We have 2 new laptops call them 1 and 2 and 2 old laptops call them 3 and 4. From laptops 1 and 2, we can access shared files on 3 or 4 and vice versa but laptop 1 and 2 cannot connect with each other. Obviously, all sharing permissions are set since the new and old can share...
  3. Cannot access other computers on my home network

Cannot access other computers on my home network: This is driving me nuts. We have 9 Windows 10 computers in our home all connected to the same network. All of our computers except just one can see and access all the other computers on our home network. I've tried everything I can think of. I recently changed all the...
  4. One of my networked computers cannot access data

One of my networked computers cannot access data: I have a PC and a Laptop connected to the same network and they are both running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 b19042.541. They can ping each other and they can see each other. The PC can read and write data to the Laptop. However the Laptop cannot read or write data because the...
  5. Cannot get access to the computers on Home network

Cannot get access to the computers on Home network: I haven’t been able to get access to other computers on my home wifi network since the last Windows 10 update. I receive an error message: you do not have permission to access (a particular computer). Contact administrator to request access. Any help is appreciated Windows...
  6. CANNOT ACCESS OTHER COMPUTERS ON NETWORK SHOWN

CANNOT ACCESS OTHER COMPUTERS ON NETWORK SHOWN: - ACCESS DENIED CONTACT ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS A HOME NETWORK AND THERE IS NO ADMINISTRATOR TO MY KNOWLEDGE EARLIER USERNAME NAME WAS ASKED AND PASSWORD I DONT KNOW EITHER, NEVER SET UP PASSWORDS OTHER THAN THAN GMAIL AND SYNCG WITH ROUTER...
  7. Cannot Access Computer on Network

Cannot Access Computer on Network: Hi We have a small peer to peer wired network in our office with 4 computers. My Computer (computer A) hosts QuickBooks in a shared folder and the other computers access it through the network. Last week we set up a new hub and I just unplugged the cable from the...
  8. Cannot access other computers in my local network

Cannot access other computers in my local network: Our home network computers have windows 10. Problem is I cannot access to the network computer. Error code: 0x80070035 This error has happened since two days ago. I can access the network computer thru IP address. But I cannot access thru the computer name in the file...
  9. My Wife's Win7 Macine Cannot Access my Win10 Machine.

My Wife's Win7 Macine Cannot Access my Win10 Machine.: I HATE modern networking with every fiber of my being. Once upon a time, networking was simple. To support huge corporate networks Microsoft has made it into a nightmare for home users. Last week I upgraded to Win10. My wife backs up here win7 data on my backup drive. She...
  10. One computer cannot access other network computers.

One computer cannot access other network computers.: I have three windows 10 PCs and one NAS on my network. One PC (Lenovo 220X) and the NAS are hardwired. The other two are wireless (Surface Pro 1 and Surface pro 4) The surface pro 4 can see but not access either of the two other PCs. The other PCs can see and access each...