Windows 10: Cannot access NAS from One User

Discus and support Cannot access NAS from One User in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! Yesterday, I came back to my computer, only to find I cannot access my NAS. I went on another computer in my house, attached through LAN and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Xtremeacecow, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Cannot access NAS from One User

Hello!
    Yesterday, I came back to my computer, only to find I cannot access my NAS. I went on another computer in my house, attached through LAN and it worked. I also went to another user on my computer and it worked, but on my user it did not. Naturally, I tested and attempted to find why and failed. I tried doing this to my NAS (medianas1) in cmd:
    Code: ping medianas1[/quote] And this was the result:
    Code: Pinging medianas1 [192.168.2.8] with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 192.168.2.8: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64 Reply from 192.168.2.8: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64 Reply from 192.168.2.8: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64 Reply from 192.168.2.8: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64 Ping statistics for 192.168.2.8: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms[/quote] From the Network tab of file manager, I was able to see medianas1, but when I double clicked to open it, the following message came:
    "\\MEDIANAS1 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.
    A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated."
    I also did this in cmd(Public is a folder in medianas1):
    Code: net use \\medianas1\publicSystem error 1312 has occurred. A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.[/quote] Also during the same day, I got a new ISP and a power failure had happened the previous night (without UPS).
    Thank you in advance.

:)

Xtremeacecow, Oct 19, 2016
  2. Diggy18 Win User

Peekabo NAS, Admin User Sees It, Standard User Doesn't See It

We have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, with one admin user and one standard user. We have an IOSAFE drive plugged into our netgear router. From the admin account, it works perfectly. I can see the NAS in File Explorer, I can read and write to the
    NAS.

But from the standard user account cannot see the NAS. What levers do I need to throw in order to get access to the NAS from the standard user's account?

Thanks a bajillion!

Diggy18, Oct 19, 2016
  3. Aandriy Win User
    Cannot connect to network NAS share which has no password

I have two computers, Android phone and old style NAS. One computer is running Windows 7. Second one is running Windows 10 (upgrade from Windows 8). I am running Workgroup, not domain. My NAS connected to network and it is embedded Linux machine. There is
    no option to set access password for NAS. NAS is opened to Everyone or All network users with NO PASSWORD. I can easily access NAS from my Windows 7 or from Android phone through WiFi router which is also DHCP on the network. But I cannot access NAS from Windows
    10 machine because password for login must be present in Widows security login window. I am going in circles: Windows demands to type in password and do not going for connect without it but if I type it in my NAS denied connection as it do not accept passwords.

Any help appreciated and thanks in advance for any assistance.

Andriy

Aandriy, Oct 19, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member
  5. Xtremeacecow, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot access NAS from One User

1. Cannot access NAS from One User - Similar Threads - Cannot access NAS

2. one user can access, other user cannot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one user can access, other user cannot: Two Win10Pro vers 20xx computers, Ethernet LAN. In compD (destination): - password protected sharing is OFF - shares give full control permission to Everyone. CompS (source) UsernameS (standard account) can access compD (dest) which also has UsenameS. CompS Explorer lists...
  3. cannot access Lacie NAS

cannot access Lacie NAS: i have a Lacie NAS and cant remember my login details to access it via the web portal is there a way I can acccess it locally via ethernet so I can access the files I cant reset the device as I have photos which I want to keep on it If I took the device out of the nas...
  4. Program running as Service cannot access NAS while logged in as User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program running as Service cannot access NAS while logged in as User: I have a program that I would like to run as a service. The program requires access to read/write to my NAS. I have changed the service to Log On as my specific user account, in which the username and password match that of the shared NAS drive. This worked up until the...
  5. NAS access for remote users

NAS access for remote users: Good morning all, We are a small design and engineering firm that is beginning to allow more and more remote workers. With that comes the issues of data backup, file sharing, and user based access permissions. In researching options, I believe our needs would be easily...
  6. Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access"

Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access": I tried to connect to my NAS by entering \\Wintermute into my File Explorer address bar and was prompted to enter my credentials. I then got this error. I get this error every time I try to connect to \\Wintermute, without being asked for my credentials. Can anyone advise...
  7. Access to NAS from laptop

Access to NAS from laptop: Hello, I recently bought a NAS (Helios4) running on openmediavault. I installed the OS in the NAS, I then followed all the procedures to install openmediavault but I do not manage to see the NAS among my networks. I can enter the NAS from my pc by typing its IP and make...
  8. I cannot access a NAS as a guest user

I cannot access a NAS as a guest user: Hi I need to access a NAS as a guest user, it is possible to access the NAS on a computer with Linus but it is not possible when using Windows. When I try I get the network error 1208. From what I have read the functionality was disabled in windows because it was too...
  9. Cannot access files on Nas

Cannot access files on Nas: On 1803 (latest update) & 1809 I cannot access files on my nas or connect to my Nas web gui with jumbo frames enabled. This is happening on Intel & Realtek nic's. This had been working on all machines until the latest update Win10 Pro and Home. Disabling jumbo frames...
  10. Cannot access a secured share on a NAS

Cannot access a secured share on a NAS: I have a NAS drive with both several unprotected folders and one protected folder. I have no trouble accessing the unprotected folders from Win10, but I cannot get access to the protected one. If I click on the secure folder from File Explorer I get the popup [img] I...