Windows 10: cannot access network printer

Discus and support cannot access network printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; wireless printer is installed but is not recognized by computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkManiscalchi, Nov 25, 2018.

1. cannot access network printer

wireless printer is installed but is not recognized by computer

:)

MarkManiscalchi, Nov 25, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

cannot access network printer [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Windows 10 upgrade will not allow access to network printers

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might related to permission to share printer.

I suggest you to remove the network printer and try adding it again and check if it helps

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Make sure that, the printer is shared on the network in the primary computer.

Step 2: Remove the network printer.

a) Type Devices and printer in the search area on the task bar and select
    Device and Printer.

b) Select the printer and click on
    Remove Device
    button.

Step 3: Restart your system.

Step 4: Add the network printer
    again.

a) Type Devices and printer in the search area on the task bar and select
    Device and Printer.

b) Click on Add Printer.

c) Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected select the printer and click Next. If the
    printer is not listed click "The printer that I want isn't listed" and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 25, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

cannot access network printer

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

topgundcp, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

cannot access network printer

1. cannot access network printer - Similar Threads - cannot access network

2. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network: Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the network, and sharing is enabled, but I can't seem to connect to it. Whenever I try to add the printer, I receive an error...
  3. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network: Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the network, and sharing is enabled, but I can't seem to connect to it. Whenever I try to add the printer, I receive an error...
  4. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with accessing Network shared Printer: I've been trying to access network shared printer but it is not successful. I've configured the network sharing but I still cannot access it. The versions of the PC's are Windows 10. Windows 11 and windows 11 pro.We were able to print before with no problem. I have disabled...
  5. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with accessing Network shared Printer: I've been trying to access network shared printer but it is not successful. I've configured the network sharing but I still cannot access it. The versions of the PC's are Windows 10. Windows 11 and windows 11 pro.We were able to print before with no problem. I have disabled...
  6. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cannot find network printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find network printer: I just had to do a fresh install of Windows. I have a networked printer, HP LaserJet 1320n, that cannot be found even if I put in the its IP address. What is the best forum to post this? Thanks, Jeff Windows 10.0.18363 149634
  8. Printer Sharing and Network credential access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Printer Sharing and Network credential access: Hello: I have two desktops running Windows 10. One is a new one and I would like to be able to print from the USB connected printer on the other desktop. Problem is when I go to access my other computer which I can see, it pops up asking for security credentials. I really...
  9. printer cannot be found by the network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer cannot be found by the network: Error shows printer cannot be found by the network, it prints ok but this message appears when opening page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-cannot-be-found-by-the-network/754c02af-574c-4458-a938-3de6079bbf46
  10. Access to network printers etc...

in Browsers and Email
    Access to network printers etc...: When trying to add some of my network printers the process never found any. I was doing this vial the control panel's to add new printers. I have three printers on my network and they cannot be found. How to I get around this problem? I am, however, able to access net work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cannot access a network printer

2. windows cannot access network printer

3. cannot access network printer

4. cannot access share printer on network