Windows 10: Cannot access networked PC's

Discus and support Cannot access networked PC's in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have about 4 PC's/laptops running windows 10 and 4 Computers which act as servers but are running windows 7 pro. The servers have shared folders on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by markholland4, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Cannot access networked PC's

We have about 4 PC's/laptops running windows 10 and 4 Computers which act as servers but are running windows 7 pro. The servers have shared folders on them which either other servers or the PC's need to get at. This has worked fine for years until the other day and now its very hit and miss.

All the PC's and servers list all the networked computers in File Explorer under Network. Click on any of them to see the shares and I get an error message

Cannot access networked PC's b5297ea6-a072-4cd0-a2b8-908003acb951?upload=true.jpg

I can ping any computer by its IP address or by its hostname.

The weird thing is is that some computers can browse some computers but not others. But other computers can browse the ones that this one cannot.

I have tried resetting the network adapter settings with netsh reset winsock

I have set netbios over TCP/IP in the network adapter settings

Network Discovery is enabled

File sharing is enabled

I have found some solutions on the Internet which say delete some registry keys at HKLM\software\microsoft\MSlicencing and delete the hardware and store keys.

None of this makes any difference. Anybody got any further ideas?

Many thanks

Mark

:)

markholland4, Jan 14, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 14, 2019
  4. oily_17 Win User

Cannot access networked PC's

Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Cannot access networked PC's

1. Cannot access networked PC's - Similar Threads - Cannot access networked

2. Cannot access network drive - IP is not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access network drive - IP is not accessible: Hi, I've been having an issue recently, that seemed to just have popped out of nowhere. I have 2 windows PCs, a main, and a secondary one which I'm using as a temporary quick network storage solution. I change my network settings to private, then turn on sharing in the...
  3. Cannot access network drive - IP is not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access network drive - IP is not accessible: Hi, I've been having an issue recently, that seemed to just have popped out of nowhere. I have 2 windows PCs, a main, and a secondary one which I'm using as a temporary quick network storage solution. I change my network settings to private, then turn on sharing in the...
  4. Computers on network cannot be accessed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computers on network cannot be accessed: We have 2 new laptops call them 1 and 2 and 2 old laptops call them 3 and 4. From laptops 1 and 2, we can access shared files on 3 or 4 and vice versa but laptop 1 and 2 cannot connect with each other. Obviously, all sharing permissions are set since the new and old can share...
  5. Cannot access network drive

Cannot access network drive: I have a Surface Go with Windows 10. I have a HDD plugged into my router and have been able to access it through Windows Explorer with no problem. Now it will not appear in Windows Explorer. I can access it with an app on my phone so I know the drive is working. I have tried...
  6. Cannot access network share

Cannot access network share: From my Windows 10 machine Machine 1, I cannot access folders that are shared on a Windows XP machine Machine 2. I don't think it is an OS incompatibility issue. For years, it worked. And, accessing shared folders on a second Windows XP machine Machine 3 is working, as it...
  7. Accessing PC's on network

Accessing PC's on network: I have a wifi network and on it I have my big PC, printer, NAS and my notebook computer. When trying to access my PC from my notebook I am asked for the network credentials to connect to my PC. It puts in my username but will not accept any of the passwords I try. My...
  8. Windows Cannot Access other PC's on the network !

Windows Cannot Access other PC's on the network !: I have 2 machines (A +B) both running windows 10 (1903) HOME edition. I am the administrator on both. I recently wanted to transfer data across the network from A to B and vice versa by creating a network. However despite turning on network discovery on both machines...
  9. cannot access network printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot access network printer: wireless printer is installed but is not recognized by computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-network-printer/f20d6499-3dd9-45d9-9e7a-032e339f1288
  10. Cannot Access Computer on Network

Cannot Access Computer on Network: Hi We have a small peer to peer wired network in our office with 4 computers. My Computer (computer A) hosts QuickBooks in a shared folder and the other computers access it through the network. Last week we set up a new hub and I just unplugged the cable from the...