Windows 10: Cannot access one particular website after last update

Discus and support Cannot access one particular website after last update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the most recent update on 8/1/19, I cant access one of my regular websites that I visit. It says ' This site cannot be reached'. and 'The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by andrewgraz, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Cannot access one particular website after last update

After the most recent update on 8/1/19, I cant access one of my regular websites that I visit. It says ' This site cannot be reached'. and 'The connection was reset.' Any idea how to correct this?

:)

andrewgraz, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Website Access Denied

Hi Robert,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from accessing this particular website. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Can you access this website from a different device or computer?
    • Are you connected to a private network, or a public network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried aside from using other browsers?

Yolvi Ell, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Unable to access a particular website on Internet explorer.

Hi Karen,

The above issue might occur if the website access is denied in your country or if the website is listed under restricted sites in browser settings on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Did you check if the website is accessible on other browsers (Microsoft Edge, others)?
    • Were you able to access the website before on Internet Explorer?
    • Do you get any error code or error message on accessing the website?

Check if you are able to access the website on other browsers. If you are able to, follow the below methods and check if either helps in resolving the issue.

Method 1: Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if any of the browser component is missing or corrupted.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Internet Explorer Performance,
      click on Advanced option and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing or corrupted browser components after the troubleshooting is complete and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: If the issue persists, check if similar issue occurs on browsing seek.com.au webpage in
    In-private browsing mode of Internet explorer browser. Pressing
    Ctrl + Shift + P keys on the keyboard after launching the browser to open
    In-private browsing mode of Internet Explorer.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of not able to access a particular website on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your
    reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Cannot access one particular website after last update

Windows 10 won't access Music Choice website.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Which browser have you used for accessing this website?
    • Is this issue specific to particular web browser?
    • Is this issue specific to particular website?
    I suggest you to clear cache and cookies as below and check if the issue persists or not.

Follow the steps to clear cache and cookies in Internet Explorer.

• Press ctrl key + Shift key + Delete key on your keyboard.
    • Mark check on appropriate cookies and website data, Temporary Internet Files and Website Files.
    • Click on Delete button.

To clear cache and cookies on Microsoft Edge, follow the below steps:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and
      saved website data and Cached data and
      files
      and click on Clear.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Cannot access one particular website after last update

1. Cannot access one particular website after last update - Similar Threads - Cannot access particular

2. After a Windows update, I cannot access some websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a Windows update, I cannot access some websites: After a Windows update, I can no longer access websites I usually frequent. I need detailed instructions on how to fix this, for the less-than-tech savvy. Thank you!...
  3. After a Windows update, I cannot access some websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After a Windows update, I cannot access some websites: After a Windows update, I can no longer access websites I usually frequent. I need detailed instructions on how to fix this, for the less-than-tech savvy. Thank you!...
  4. After a Windows update, I cannot access some websites

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Message with one website after last Windows update "This site can't be reached."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Message with one website after last Windows update "This site can't be reached.": Hello! English-language sites stopped loading after the last Windows update, mostly U.S. geolocation. For example, this site <URL removed> opened before the update, but now it doesn't. I tried to use Chrome, Edge, and Firefox browsers, but all the same error message "This...
  6. Cant access to a particular website and webmail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant access to a particular website and webmail: Would you advise why I cant access to a particular website and to the webmail of same server? others can access but I cant either from laptop or from my mobile. I am using mobile data and use hotspot to connect my laptop. from both in laptop and mobile, I cant access to my...
  7. One particular Folder not accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One particular Folder not accessible: Hello dear Members, One particular folder is not opening on windows 10. I have completed the following scans: sfc /scannow and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" as suggested by Windows Advisor but still that folder is not opening. This issue surfaced on...
  8. Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC: I have the problem where I cannot access one particular website on only one of my pc, the site is christies.com I can access it on my phone and on my laptop, but on my pc i cannot access even with different browsers I keep getting connection was reset and secure connect...
  9. Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC: I have the problem where I cannot access one particular website on only one of my pc, the site is christies.com I can access it on my phone and on my laptop, but on my pc i cannot access even with different browsers I keep getting connection was reset and secure connect...
  10. Unable to access a particular website

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to access a particular website: Hi to all I am having an issue and need some help please. Earlier today I was given admin access to a website to assist with some forums there. I was told to enter my username and a password (given by site for admin access ) then enter my normal user/password details. I...