Windows 10: Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder

Discus and support Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, So a few months ago I had a problem with an Insiders update so I had to reset my computer C: drive only. Prior to re-setting my computer, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeffyzefrench, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder

Hi,

So a few months ago I had a problem with an Insiders update so I had to reset my computer C: drive only.

Prior to re-setting my computer, I had some official apps installed from Xbox Beta and Microsoft Store on the D: drive which is on a different hard drive than my C: drive.

I still have a WindowsApps folder in the D: drive and I cannot do anything with it.

The apps are there but cannot be deleted because nothing detects them and I can't install new Apps on my D: drive.

When trying to change the default install folder for Apps to D:, W10 is telling me "This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted. Do you want to continue?"

Of course, I press YES.

And I get "We couldn't set your default save location. The error code is 0x80070005"

I have change my permission for D: and I have full control of the folders and subfolders but I still can't do anything with the WindowsApps folder.

Can someone please help me?

That's 185Gb I can't use on my HDD and I mean I can't use this HDD at all since I can't install new Apps on it and it's getting annoying.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Jeffyzefrench, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Jordandr Win User

Cannot delete old WindowsApps folder from transferred D drive

I transferred a D drive with an old WindowsApps folder used for Xbox Game Pass to a new computer. When I tried to put the D drive as the default save location it gives me error code 0x80070005.

I was able to rename the old folder to "Old WindowsApps" so that the computer could place a new default "WindowsApps" save folder in my D drive.

I've already:

1. Made sure my time zone is correct
    2. Tried to delete in Safe Mode
    3. Made sure I am admin in general (2nd screenshot)
    4. Set myself as admin of folder and all subfolders (1st screenshot)
    5. Reset the Windows store page

I already have a new WindowsApps folder for Xbox games, how do I delete the old one?

Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder f7ae0e94-9967-4052-923d-0dff48a40e3b?upload=true.png

Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder ea87999f-839b-4e9b-aedb-57aeb42a9cfe?upload=true.png

Jordandr, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder

Hi,

So a few months ago I had a problem with an Insiders update so I had to reset my computer (C: drive only).

Prior to re-setting my computer, I had some official apps installed from Xbox Beta and Microsoft Store on the D: drive (which is on a different hard drive than my C: drive).

I still have a WindowsApps folder in the D: drive and I cannot do anything with it.

The apps are there but cannot be deleted because nothing detects them and I can't install new Apps on my D: drive.

When trying to change the default install folder for Apps to D:, W10 is telling me "This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted. Do you want to continue?"

Of course, I press YES.

And I get "We couldn't set your default save location. The error code is 0x80070005"

I have change my permission for D: and I have full control of the folders and subfolders but I still can't do anything with the WindowsApps folder.

Can someone please help me?

That's 185Gb I can't use on my HDD and I mean I can't use this HDD at all since I can't install new Apps on it and it's getting annoying.

Thank you in advance.

Jeffyzefrench, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder

0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder :(

lyndonguitar, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder

1. Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder - Similar Threads - Cannot access delete

2. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting old windowsapps folder: For some reason I can't remember, I made a new WindowsApps folder on my D: drive, and now that I try to delete the previous windowsapps folder, I'm unable. I've tried changing ownership of the file to myself, everyone, system etc. and I am told that I need permission every...
  3. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting old windowsapps folder: For some reason I can't remember, I made a new WindowsApps folder on my D: drive, and now that I try to delete the previous windowsapps folder, I'm unable. I've tried changing ownership of the file to myself, everyone, system etc. and I am told that I need permission every...
  4. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps: Hi! I recently updated from Windows 10 to 11 and I have slight issue. While installing Windows 11, I formatted my main drive but I left out my other drive. I had games from Xbox App on my both drives and I deleted them before upgrade. So now I left out with folder on my other...
  6. Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps: Hi! I recently updated from Windows 10 to 11 and I have slight issue. While installing Windows 11, I formatted my main drive but I left out my other drive. I had games from Xbox App on my both drives and I deleted them before upgrade. So now I left out with folder on my other...
  7. Cannot Delete folder in windowsapps

Cannot Delete folder in windowsapps: I'm trying to delete "C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HEVCVideoExtension_1.0.32762.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe". I have Full control under security, also checked advanced and it states Full control there. However when I try to delete any folder in windowsapps I get the...
  8. Cannot access the WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access the WindowsApps folder: Hi, I am trying to open the WindowsApps (win 10, 2004) folder but am denied. I go through the various windows (security tab, etc.) but no dice. Can someone help? Thanks 160137
  9. Cannot delete old WindowsApps folder from transferred D drive

Cannot delete old WindowsApps folder from transferred D drive: I transferred a D drive with an old WindowsApps folder used for Xbox Game Pass to a new computer. When I tried to put the D drive as the default save location it gives me error code 0x80070005. I've already: Made sure my time zone is correct Tried to delete in Safe Mode...
  10. How to delete old WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to delete old WindowsApps folder?: I have the problem below. Please help me! 1. Yesterday, I have changed Windows Apps Installation Drive to E: -> Windows 10 created WindowsApps on E: -> I have changed back to C: but WindowsApps folder still exist on E: -> I can not deleted that folder. 2. I reset the...