Windows 10: Cannot Access Outlook Email - Password Problem

Discus and support Cannot Access Outlook Email - Password Problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My aunt is 82 years old and moved to an assisted living facility several months ago, and she took her Windows 10 computer with her. She also got rid of... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by boweasel, Feb 19, 2020.

1. boweasel Win User

Cannot Access Outlook Email - Password Problem

My aunt is 82 years old and moved to an assisted living facility several months ago, and she took her Windows 10 computer with her. She also got rid of her phone landline, deciding to just use her cell.

When we turn on her computer at her new home, we get the sign-in screen, which lists her Microsoft account user name - d********[email protected] and provides a space for her password. The system no longer accepts her password.

If we click on 'forgot password' we're shown a screen that tells us that my aunt can can a call or a text to a phone number displayed as all asterisks except for the last 2 digits - 65. That is my aunt's old landline number and it's no longer
    hooked up.

And, unfortunately, as I mentioned, she set up her email account with hotmail, which is now outlook. So that even on my computer I cannot access her email. We've done a global escalation with Microsoft, where I have a case number, and I entered all this nonsense about her birthdate, her mother's city of birth, etc., but It's not enough.

So I can certainly reset her computer, but she'll no longer be able to get to her email. She doesn't have a little book with all her friend's email addresses. She relied on the computer to show them to her. So if she was sending an email to 'Betty Smith' she'd type Betty in the 'To' field and it would show Betty's email address. And then clicking on it would populate the addres box.

Does anybody know any way around this problem?

:)

boweasel, Feb 19, 2020
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

3. outlook express password

my hard drive died. i have my new install of xp home on my new drive and itis up and running. my problem is i can't access my email in outlook express. it keeps asking for my password. my email provider is msn.com. i've been trying for two days to get an answer from them. any help?

michaelmapster, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Cannot Access Outlook Email - Password Problem

Outlook email password problem

Outlook syncing and email access works fine. But I am constantly having to reenter my password (like every 10 minutes or so). Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?

John Lamoureux, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Access Outlook Email - Password Problem

1. Cannot Access Outlook Email - Password Problem - Similar Threads - Cannot Access Outlook

2. Cannot access, sync or add my outlook emails to outlook app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access, sync or add my outlook emails to outlook app: So, a funny problem has arisen. It seems my outlook profile has become corrupt or something and "Microsoft Outlook cannot connect to Server".This is happening to my outlook emails. One cannot be synced anymore. "Need Password" message comes. But when I click there, or start...
  3. Cannot access, sync or add my outlook emails to outlook app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access, sync or add my outlook emails to outlook app: So, a funny problem has arisen. It seems my outlook profile has become corrupt or something and "Microsoft Outlook cannot connect to Server".This is happening to my outlook emails. One cannot be synced anymore. "Need Password" message comes. But when I click there, or start...
  4. problem with outlook email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with outlook email: no email messages in inbox. email has disappeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-outlook-email/8c7ba12b-89d3-4f40-bbe9-a238913acae4
  5. problem with outlook email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem with outlook email: no email messages in inbox. email has disappeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-outlook-email/8c7ba12b-89d3-4f40-bbe9-a238913acae4
  6. problem with outlook email

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. outlook email problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    outlook email problems: How do I stop some emails being deleted without any action from me. Regards, Tom L. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-email-problems/d93d5902-d6c2-4806-9722-d279832c337d
  8. Access to Outlook email account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access to Outlook email account: Hi I tried to gain access to my outlook hotmail account. Password would not work. Tried quite a few times and in the end was informed I had tried too many times and needed to create a new email account. I need access to my email account. Microsoft sent questions to...
  9. Outlook email problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook email problem: When I open an email in another window, previously viewed (and replied to) messages open up as well. this is just started happening today and I also get this error message [ATTACH] I don't have Skype and can't find these directories and Task Manager will not start up so I...
  10. Outlook 2016 with Exchange server (Rackspace) - cannot access email after changing password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook 2016 with Exchange server (Rackspace) - cannot access email after changing password: I am using Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 PC connecting to Exchange Server on Rackspace. I changed my password and now I cannot access my email. I am able to access with mobile devices, though. The option to REPAIR my email account is greyed out, and CHANGE will not allow...