Windows 10: Cannot access path, no permission

Discus and support Cannot access path, no permission in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Using xplorer2, I cannot open an external viewer for any file type. I get the error message that widows cannot access the specified path for xplorer2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cgherman, Mar 20, 2019.

1. cgherman Win User

Cannot access path, no permission

Using xplorer2, I cannot open an external viewer for any file type. I get the error message that widows cannot access the specified path for xplorer2 does not have permission.

All other browser programs can open an external program to view any file type, so there seems no problem with permission related to the drive and files on the drive.

The security settings for xplorer2 show the owner has full control (same owner that ll other programs have). Any suggestions to solve this problem?

Second: UAc is set to second highest setting. running xplorer2 always asks if this program is allowed to make changes. No other program asks this before running. NB: I do not have Run as Administrator checked in compatibility mode. How can I stop this message from happening?

:)

cgherman, Mar 20, 2019

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Mar 20, 2019
  3. windows cannot access the specified device path or file

Hello Basha,

This issue can occur if any of the following scenarios exist on your PC:

• You do not have permissions to the file or the file location.
    • The file is on a location that is not currently accessible like a network location or an external drive that is not currently connected to the PC.
    • The file has been moved or deleted.
    • The file or shortcut is corrupt.
    • The file may be blocked by Windows.
    • Your antivirus software may be blocking the file.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you using any 3rd-party antivirus software?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, let's troubleshoot the issue by performing the steps below:

Method 1: Check the permission of the file or folder

Permissions are rules associated with files that determine if you can access the file and what you can do with it. To check the permission of the file or folder, follow these steps:

• Right-click the file or folder, and then select Properties.
    • Select the Security tab.
    • Under Group or User names, click your name to see the permissions you have. (The screen shot for this step is listed below).
    • Select Edit, and then select to check the check boxes for the permissions that you need, and then select OK. (The screen shot for this step is listed below).

Method 2: Check the file location

You might get this error if the shortcut or installation is attempting to access a location that is not currently available such as a networked or a removable drive. Check the path of the file that Windows cannot access and make sure that the location is
    accessible. (The screen shot for this step is listed below).

Cannot access path, no permission a7248d5a-f744-4993-b865-f9890a7f41dc.png

Method 3: Recreate the shortcut to check for corruption

You can also receive this error if the shortcut or other file type has become corrupt. You can check for corruption in shortcuts by recreating the shortcut. To do this, see

Create or delete a shortcut.

If an application or other type of file is corrupt it may be necessary to repair the application to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 20, 2019
  4. j.col70 Win User

j.col70, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot access path, no permission - Similar Threads - Cannot access path

2. Windows cannot access the specified device path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot access the specified device path: "C:\Program Files\AMD\Cnext\Cnext\ANDRSSERV.exe" cant be accessed it comes up whenever I try to launch a game Im still able to play it but its a popup. I tried to give it access but its not working and since the pc is brand new and I dont have anything on it I tried a factory...
  3. Windows cannot access the specified device path

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows cannot access the specified device path: "C:\Program Files\AMD\Cnext\Cnext\ANDRSSERV.exe" cant be accessed it comes up whenever I try to launch a game Im still able to play it but its a popup. I tried to give it access but its not working and since the pc is brand new and I dont have anything on it I tried a factory...
  4. Windows 10 cannot access specified path...

Windows 10 cannot access specified path...: Hello everybody, Recently I have remover some malware from my PC via Malwarebytes and AVG. I also removed a user that I didn't need and deleted the folder. Now my PC doesn't let me open some apps, a lot of apps actually. First when i click them it loads for like 3 minutes and...
  5. Windows cannot access {share path}. You do not have permission to access {share path}....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot access {share path}. You do not have permission to access {share path}....: Hello All!I hope you're doing good. I have Active Directory set-up on Windows Server 2019 and a NAS on a separate server with SMB shares, authenticated using Active directory. As long as the systems Joined in the Domain are connected to the network, they are able to access...
  6. Windows cannot access \\serverName\\share path

Windows cannot access \\serverName\\share path: For some time now for about 3 years, users report an error message “Windows cannot access \\file share path” The work around that has always worked until today, is to have the user reboot, and then they could access the share with no problems. Today I have a case, where...
  7. you cannot access the file, path ,you may have appropriate permissions to access the file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    you cannot access the file, path ,you may have appropriate permissions to access the file: when i turned my pc on it showed a blue screen and and started automatic repair finnally it booted into windows but my start menu, tool bar, action center didn't work i tried sfc/scannow command it didn't work i tried DSIM command and tried sfc/scannow they succeded but my...
  8. windows cannot access path error

windows cannot access path error: I have given full control to the folder and its contents but local exe files still bring the error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-access-path-error/9fe8a07c-1391-4ee2-ab93-bddb2c0b02db
  9. cannot get permission to access device,path or file

cannot get permission to access device,path or file: windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permission to access item. I have checked in PROPERTIES but all the permissions are greyed out. Your help would be appreciated. thank you...
  10. windows cannot access the specified path

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows cannot access the specified path: I downloaded itunes on my windows 10 but when i try to open it says windows cannot access the specified device path and it only happens to apps downloaded from app store not to the apps downloaded from other weebsites. kindly provide me the possible solution for this i need...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. C:Program Files/WindowsApps/Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_18.1910.1283.0_x64__8w.../LocalBridge.exe The specified path does not exist.